Dear Lynn Anderson

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. We should tactically put in big offers to any quality Rorters players off contract even if its only to be a pawn for managers drive up the price of their roosters contract plus paper bag cash and give Uncle Nicks nuts a big squeeze.
Exactly. Even if we weren't interested in certain players we should offer a couple of hundred grand extra for every player we know they want to keep. We can always change our mind at the last minute just like players often do and have done to us recently.

Make the Roosters pay top f..king dollar for every single player. They will loose a lot when Cronk retires after the finals. If they lost Keary to another club it would be a huge blow. Apparently Keary's on around 750K at the moment (plus TPAs). We could afford him if we paid the same as we're currently paying Foran ($1.2M). Would need to wait til 2022 though. I think Muster is available for 2022 also. Can we wait that long though ?

I think we really need to go for David Fifita as number 1 priority for 2021, then Joseph Manu and Radradra even if we have to shed a couple of fringe players to make it happen. Foran still has some good footy in him and can be as effective as Keary on his day. Would definitely be looking at a reduced salary for next contract plus Cogger, Lewis and Wakeham will all be improved players by then with a couple of seasons under their belts. Fafita and Radradra can create opportunities from nothing and Manu is a top finisher. I'm tending to agree now that Latrell isn't worth a mil a season. Manu is better value.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Agree. We should tactically put in big offers to any quality Rorters players off contract even if its only to be a pawn for managers drive up the price of their roosters contract plus paper bag cash and give Uncle Nicks nuts a big squeeze.
Off contract being the key words which they will only be if the roosters don’t want them

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unfortunately they will still only be signed on normal contract amounts and the cap will never be in danger of being breached..Don't forget that they don't rort the cap and they don't believe in third party deals .....or should I say in third party deals that are registered with the NRL and that they know about....

I believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa and the tooth fairy, ogres and hobbits just like the NRL believes in the salary cap....

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam Verrells is on a development contract and is actually off contract this year.

Very good young hooker

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If they lost Keary to another club it would be a huge blow. Apparently Keary's on around 750K at the moment (plus TPAs).
Oh so he is the player that is taking up their 200k third party registered deal?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't be silly. They have seven internationals and can still afford all their players.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's an unfortunate thing really. It seems like they can poach whoever they want through seemingly endless TPA deals. The sad thing for the Roosters is that they can't buy fans or a soul. At the end of the day having a rich fan who is probably subsidising the TPA's will only last so long when that rich fan is getting pretty old. Whether the TPA's last beyond his years is questionable. Hopefully they don't. Sponsors are generally fronting the money to bring in new customers. And that generally requires that the fans of the team they're sponsorship goes towards have a large fan base. I'd laugh my ass off if the Roosters roster starts falling apart within six months of uncle nicks death.
The sad reality is Rugby league is dying a slow death as a major sport
Every sport has its problems but rugby league has the biggest have to do list
1 The junior levels are on alarming decline.
2 True and passionate fans are abandoning the game
3 More evidently the referees are controlling games results
4 Too many grey rules in the game that needs to be eradicated
What does the NRL The puppets of New Ltd, 9 Networks and the Betting agencies do...NOTHING !
If they are serious to create a real hope for all clubs, The loophole TPA must be addressed and fairly executed to truly even up the playing field, then and only then it will be up to the players and coaches to be successful

Last edited:

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
you can tell her yourself. The club is organizing a members meeting on the 30th i believe, at canterbury leagues club, they sent out an email.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As much as I hate the roosters with a passion,their doing the same shit shat our club did 30 years ago,spotting a talent improving it and keeping it,look at the players they let go over the last 3 years,and you will see y they are so consistent
Wayne Bennett has a saying”never let a player go unless you have a better one to replace them with”we have failed terribly at this.hopefully it doesn’t happen again with the new board and pay in charge

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The sad reality is Rugby league is slowly dying a slow death as a major sport
What does the NRL The puppets of New Ltd, 9 Networks and the Betting agencies do...NOTHING !
If they are serious to create a real hope for all clubs, The loophole TPA must be addressed and fairly executed to truly even up the playing field, then and only then it will be up to the players and coaches to be successful
Can't argue with any of these points. The grey rules were created to give the referees more ability to sway the outcome of games as far as I can see. The bunker hasn't helped at all. It's a big part of why the fans are walking away from the game. Once upon a time you could watch a game and know when something should be penalized. Now you watch and question how the referees will interpret a situation that looks like a penalty.

It's not all that often that I see a game where the 10m is adjudicated evenly anymore. It generally takes about 2 sets of six to decide which team will get all the decisions in their favor. Despite the speed of the play the ball, some teams have the defence in their face before they get level with the markers in attack, while the opposite teams defensive line gets 'hold' calls till the offense is 2-3m past the point of the play the ball. It is a pretty huge momentum swinger. To add to it, if it's not giving the favoured team enough advantage, they'll blow 4th tackle penalties for nothing.

I'm finding it harder to watch football than ever before. Ten years ago I could watch any match and name 99% of the players on both teams. I can do that with the Bulldogs now, but I generally don't see enough football outside of our games to recognise half our opponents players.

As far as juniors goes. We saw how highly the head of the game places that as a priority when he decided to slash our spending on junior development since other clubs might poach some of ours. The record sponsorship deal was supposed to allow the NRL to put money into grassroots football. Country areas are struggling to keep teams afloat these days.

As fans there should be avenues for having the management of our game ousted when they're obviously incompetent. They couldn't do a worse job if they were being paid to sabotage the game.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can tell her yourself. The club is organizing a members meeting on the 30th i believe, at canterbury leagues club, they sent out an email.
The sad reality is Rugby league is dying a slow death as a major sport
D voice your 100% right Rugby League is dying a slow death, because rules both at the Admin level of the NRL at Club level and by the referees are conveniently ignored when it doesn't suit certain agendas.
Also can any moderate tell me why my posts replying to Doomsdaydog got deleted.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People saying nick gets all the third party deals. The nrl released the list and roosters were only at $200k in tpa’s. One of the lowest. The deals you are talking about are the illegal unregistered ones...

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Broncos are not much better - running through their top 30, even with conservative contract estimates they are running at $12m - yet they are confident of resigning every young gun.

Whenever we miss a player with a decent offer you can be reasonably certain they are getting at least 89-90% of that at the club they sign with.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can't argue with any of these points. The grey rules were created to give the referees more ability to sway the outcome of games as far as I can see. The bunker hasn't helped at all. It's a big part of why the fans are walking away from the game. Once upon a time you could watch a game and know when something should be penalized. Now you watch and question how the referees will interpret a situation that looks like a penalty.

It's not all that often that I see a game where the 10m is adjudicated evenly anymore. It generally takes about 2 sets of six to decide which team will get all the decisions in their favor. Despite the speed of the play the ball, some teams have the defence in their face before they get level with the markers in attack, while the opposite teams defensive line gets 'hold' calls till the offense is 2-3m past the point of the play the ball. It is a pretty huge momentum swinger. To add to it, if it's not giving the favoured team enough advantage, they'll blow 4th tackle penalties for nothing.

I'm finding it harder to watch football than ever before. Ten years ago I could watch any match and name 99% of the players on both teams. I can do that with the Bulldogs now, but I generally don't see enough football outside of our games to recognise half our opponents players.

As far as juniors goes. We saw how highly the head of the game places that as a priority when he decided to slash our spending on junior development since other clubs might poach some of ours. The record sponsorship deal was supposed to allow the NRL to put money into grassroots football. Country areas are struggling to keep teams afloat these days.

As fans there should be avenues for having the management of our game ousted when they're obviously incompetent. They couldn't do a worse job if they were being paid to sabotage the game.
Precisely how I feel
The administrators are nothing short of corrupt puppets.
And the majority of TV commentators are clowns trying to fit in the circus that rugby league has become
As a radical one eyed rugby league fan that couldn't care or even refused to watch news about other sports find that only my passion for Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs keeps me interested !!!

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly. Even if we weren't interested in certain players we should offer a couple of hundred grand extra for every player we know they want to keep. We can always change our mind at the last minute just like players often do and have done to us recently.

Make the Roosters pay top f..king dollar for every single player. They will loose a lot when Cronk retires after the finals. If they lost Keary to another club it would be a huge blow. Apparently Keary's on around 750K at the moment (plus TPAs). We could afford him if we paid the same as we're currently paying Foran ($1.2M). Would need to wait til 2022 though. I think Muster is available for 2022 also. Can we wait that long though ?

I think we really need to go for David Fifita as number 1 priority for 2021, then Joseph Manu and Radradra even if we have to shed a couple of fringe players to make it happen. Foran still has some good footy in him and can be as effective as Keary on his day. Would definitely be looking at a reduced salary for next contract plus Cogger, Lewis and Wakeham will all be improved players by then with a couple of seasons under their belts. Fafita and Radradra can create opportunities from nothing and Manu is a top finisher. I'm tending to agree now that Latrell isn't worth a mil a season. Manu is better value.
Think it's a silly point to bid money to players we're not even interested in. Sets a very bad precident where potential new signings won't trust us as they don't know our level of seriousness.

Get back what you're trying to say but it's very very short-term thinking and wouldn't benefit us at all

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Broncos are not much better - running through their top 30, even with conservative contract estimates they are running at $12m - yet they are confident of resigning every young gun.

Whenever we miss a player with a decent offer you can be reasonably certain they are getting at least 89-90% of that at the club they sign with.
I disagree on the Broncos, most of their best players are young and still on small contracts, plus they have about 800k in TPA's

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No one gets any player that uncle nick wants. He’ll cry and toddy will fix it up.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wayne Bennett has a saying”never let a player go unless you have a better one to replace them with”we have failed terribly at this.hopefully it doesn’t happen again with the new board and pay in charge
He can't live by that mantra because he fucked up brisbane by letting hunt and Taylor go. Yes they are both enigmas but he hasn't replaced them with anything better

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He can't live by that mantra because he fucked up brisbane by letting hunt and Taylor go. Yes they are both enigmas but he hasn't replaced them with anything better
Yeah your right but both haven’t gone on and done anything.lots of players have turned from mediocre to solid first graders when Bennett was in his prime.look at what he did at st George.
Salary cap has a say on who you can and can’t keep and sometimes it’s a gamble.look at Aiden sezer when we signed hodgkinson and Keating,he was offered a first grade gig and took it.ditto when Hasler signed lichaa.cook was offered first grade gig at Souths.