Hoppa Top Dog?

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah, arguments could be made that a couple of players had higher highs, but overall for consistency, and playing every minute of every game (which is an achievement in itself with some of the player rotation we had early in the season), you can't say he doesn't deserve it. Good job, Hoppa!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont have a problem with him winning the award. He has been our best centre.
However, I still don't rate him as being anywhere near being an elite player. Hi is far to slow.
He has suffered a lot in his defence, mainly due to his lack of positional skills.
He has great hands and passing ability.
Its just a shame he doesn't use it more often instead of going to ground.
If the contract figures quoted on here are correct, I don't have a problem if he leaves.
To all the idiots on here who want to criticise me, how about commenting on what I have said.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
he leaves nothing out there, and does it week after week... I still don't think we have seen his best, and that's only due to the players around him, but as they are improving, we are seeing more of his good work come off.. if he was in one of the top teams we would be hearing about him a lot more

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't believe Adam Elliot didn't win this award or the coaches award

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
deserved it especially for making Sammy Burgess pull up with an injury chasing!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well we still only came 12th so the team still under achieved but he was good close to the line being able to twist and score when needed.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Deserved. Question marks on whether he was going to do the job at right centre at the start of the season. He played almost the entire season there. And he provides more value to the club than just being a reliable first grade right centre...

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will Hopoate has claimed the 2019 Dr George Peponis Bulldogs player of the year.

I'm alright with it tbh but the question I wanna ask is how do the kennel feel about this? Lol
I'm happy with it.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will Hopoate has claimed the 2019 Dr George Peponis Bulldogs player of the year.

I'm alright with it tbh but the question I wanna ask is how do the kennel feel about this? Lol
Consistent week after week,defence and attack,not the best centre in the game attack wise,but the effort is there every week.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
However, I still don't rate him as being anywhere near being an elite player. Hi is far to slow.
He has suffered a lot in his defence, mainly due to his lack of positional skills.
If the contract figures quoted on here are correct, I don't have a problem if he leaves.
To all the idiots on here who want to criticise me, how about commenting on what I have said.
U r entitled to your opinion,but if u look for one person in our backline ever week for effort he's the one,

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You aren't wrong, the fact he is our best player in a world of Tedesco's, Trbojevic's and Murray's really displays the disparity.

It's not a criticism of Hoppa but a harsh truth he's not superstar level.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You aren't wrong, the fact he is our best player in a world of Tedesco's, Trbojevic's and Murray's really displays the disparity.

It's not a criticism of Hoppa but a harsh truth he's not superstar level.
Agreed and to think we could’ve had Tedesco. Cheers Des

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations WIll. Well deserved. All I ever ask of our roster is 100% effort for 80 minutes and you certainly did that. That is our DNA. If the other 16 players on the paddock can replicate you we would be competitive regardless of the lack of cattle we have, The last 8 games of our season proved that. Well done mate.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely the kennel experts claiming favourtism weren’t wrong
I think they're aware that Willie mason would have laughed his arse off, extremely loud at the function if they awarded Elliot any of those awards

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to hoppa.
Im always amazed of his ability to walk through a gap and still make good metres. A good swerve is as good as speed sometimes.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think they're aware that Willie mason would have laughed his arse off, extremely loud at the function if they awarded Elliot any of those awards
I’m not sure what you mean sorry mate. What does Willie have to do with it?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not sure what you mean sorry mate. What does Willie have to do with it?
Haslers last season with us, tolman was awarded coaches player of the year.

Willie laughed his arse off at the announcement in the event.

I don't think tolman deserves mockery now, he is much better for the team. But at the time it was a joke that tolman won the award