GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
they should of taken some style ques from their sister company lexus..
View attachment 11340View attachment 11341
Well the Lexus's have a more high-end European look and feel to them, so I think what they should've done is pretty much kept the basic shape of the Mk4 and just made it look a bit more slick. Subaru, Nissan, and even Toyota (86) have successfully managed to bring that 90s JDM feel to modern cars in recent years, but in this case, they really really stuffed up. This is a very risky move.

At $100,000 for a STOCK sports car, I reckon Toyota are better placed at commercially bringing the Tundra here - at least we know that beast will sell a few!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well the Lexus's have a more high-end European look and feel to them, so I think what they should've done is pretty much kept the basic shape of the Mk4 and just made it look a bit more slick. Subaru, Nissan, and even Toyota (86) have successfully managed to bring that 90s JDM feel to modern cars in recent years, but in this case, they really really stuffed up. This is a very risky move.

At $100,000 for a STOCK sports car, I reckon Toyota are better placed at commercially bringing the Tundra here - at least we know that beast will sell a few!
hate to break it to you mate, but JDM's have always borrowed styling from European brands, in some cases they actually hired some of the european designers ..

examples Datsun 510 or 1600 is modelled off an early model fiat
Early Mazda's (r100 rx2) borrowed tail lights off a fiat
Datsun 240z modelled of a Ferrari 250 gto
Mazda rx7 series 4 modelled off Porsche 924-944
ETC

Wahesh

Reaction score
hate to break it to you mate, but JDM's have always borrowed styling from European brands, in some cases they actually hired some of the european designers ..

examples Datsun 510 or 1600 is modelled off an early model fiat
Early Mazda's (r100 rx2) borrowed tail lights off a fiat
Datsun 240z modelled of a Ferrari 250 gto
Mazda rx7 series 4 modelled off Porsche 924-944
ETC
Yeah I know but the Lexus has more of a European look to it than most of the other JDM cars.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Have seen a few Tundras around lately!! Those things are a beast

Wahesh

Reaction score
Have seen a few Tundras around lately!! Those things are a beast
Yeah but they aren't commercially available here - that's problem. If you want one, you'll need to import it (which in itself will put the cost through the roof when you consider import taxes and levies) and then on top of that, you have to convert them to RHD which is another arm and a leg. You're better off buying one from carsales.com.au from someone who's already done the heavy lifting.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
i like the tundra, but the only shit thing is .. and i diont know how true this is, but apparently they dont come in a diesel option ... WTF ... donate a kidney everytime you wanna fill up

Wahesh

Reaction score
i like the tundra, but the only shit thing is .. and i diont know how true this is, but apparently they dont come in a diesel option ... WTF ... donate a kidney everytime you wanna fill up
Nope, no diesel option. That's the worst thing about them. It's kind of confusing when you consider that the Hilux comes in diesel, and (finally) so does the Tacoma (commencing 2020).

Nothing yet for the Tundra, but considering their other 2 utes have gone that way, you'd think it's only a matter of time.

https://foreignpolicyi.org/toyota-tundra-diesel-will-it-happen-in-2019/

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope, no diesel option. That's the worst thing about them. It's kind of confusing when you consider that the Hilux comes in diesel, and (finally) so does the Tacoma (commencing 2020).

Nothing yet for the Tundra, but considering their other 2 utes have gone that way, you'd think it's only a matter of time.

https://foreignpolicyi.org/toyota-tundra-diesel-will-it-happen-in-2019/
its pretty crazy aye!! i love my diesel ute ... i will never buy a petrol ute ever again

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate what manufacturers are doing with turbos .. they get a little crappy motor that isn't up to the job, strap on a little turbo boosting at 20psi+ to make it barely perform like a 2.0 naturally aspirated engine of old

A turbo used to be a performance part , decent motor to begin with, big snarly turbo on it to completely knock you out of your seat.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bit of an old corolla fan, especially like 4AGE's. Anywho's clip of a Starlet been following for a couple of years with a 4AGE he's developed.
"
"

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sad news a few days ago of the guy who had just built his RX3. Took it out for a spin, wrapped it an cost him his life

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Sad news a few days ago of the guy who had just built his RX3. Took it out for a spin, wrapped it an cost him his life
Did the driver pass away as well? I know the passenger did. My mate was friends with him

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard some bad things about the person who was driving it, from what Iv heard the driver should’ve been taken from this world not the owner