Other News Source Matterson could be leaving Tigers as rivals circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Before even opening this I knew there'd be something about us in the article.

Not saying he's a bad player but has there been anyone who hasn't been linked to us over the past 6 months.
Yip here we go again lol. Linked to another..!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How the fuck is he only on 350k?

He's a really good player. Remember with CHN many were saying the last thing we need is another second rower? My point then was you sign the best players you can and sort the rest out later. Our team isn't so stacked that we can turn down a chance to sign a talented, skillful player like Matterson on the cheap. Plus he can play 5/8th also.

If he's available, they should go after him for sure. Imagine a back row of Jackson, CHN and Matterson at lock?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Matterson is a awesome utility & a big powerful body, has played and dominated in the centres, back row & spent some time at 5/8 while at the Roosters. This guy would be a great inclusion at the Bulldogs IF it happened.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I love that place. Maybe he was just there for the scotch fillet on the bone :grinning:
Back to culinary school for you, you can’t have a scotch fillet on the bone, fillet means no bone, maybe you meant rib eye

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Players of his caliber don't pop up all the time, prototypical modern Lock. Elliott and Smith both off contract next year, pounce now - reap the benefits
I agree about his caliber. If I am reading the article correctly it says the bulldogs have been sounded out... not the other way around so he wants to know if we would take him...

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if he went to Parramatta to replace Mau

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if he went to Parramatta to replace Mau
I agree. He was at Parra initially and almost signed there before he signed with the Tigers. Still it would be nice if we got him

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He will go back to the Roosters so he can make the NSW origin team

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
s
Players of his caliber don't pop up all the time, prototypical modern Lock. Elliott and Smith both off contract next year, pounce now - reap the benefits
He is a hell of a player but Matt Doorey in a couple of years is the future lock for the dogs and considering we are stacked atm maybe shooting off rounds on Matterson when we need to fill in other areas probably isn't the best thing for us.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I love that place. Maybe he was just there for the scotch fillet on the bone :grinning:
Yep haha wouldn't blame anyone for being there lol, good food and location

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd fucking love him, very good player and would instantly improve our side. Stimson coming over probably prevents this from happening though
Agree, I'm not a fan of Matterson at lock, him left edge and CHN right would be sweet.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
s

He is a hell of a player but Matt Doorey in a couple of years is the future lock for the dogs and considering we are stacked atm maybe shooting off rounds on Matterson when we need to fill in other areas probably isn't the best thing for us.
Spot on! Jackson, CHN, Stimson for next year then Doorey, Topine and Pitovao in the pipeline means we don't need him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good player. With Foran's injury record his versatility would be valuable. Saying that, we're stacked in the Second Row/Lock positions already and unless it was a marquee signing I wouldn't be recruiting there. I'm also a fan of Elliott and Smith.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8. Tolman
9. Marshall-King
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. Matterson

Bench

14. Cogger / Britton
15. Stimpson
16. RFM / To’Omaga / Ogden
17. RFM / To’Omaga / Ogden

Already looking better. Matterson provides more spark. Jump on him now!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Back to culinary school for you, you can’t have a scotch fillet on the bone, fillet means no bone, maybe you meant rib eye
Haha it’s on the menu as this
COTE DE BEOUF, FOR 2 | GF85.0
Wood grilled 600g Scotch fillet, served on the bone parisienne potato, brussel sprouts, bacon, candied walnuts, bearnaise & red wine jus

Whatever it is it’s delicious and the thought of it has made me so hungry

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The bloke is also not a dickhead
I sat next to him at a function a few years ago
Really humble guy he played for the Chester hill as a kid as well
Paper says he is an eels junior ?
Not sure
Would be a handy pickup
And only has one last name for a change

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How can he be on 350k as a premiership winning backrow ( covers 6 and centre) and that Egan but player be on 500k reportedly?

Media making shit up

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Haha it’s on the menu as this
COTE DE BEOUF, FOR 2 | GF85.0
Wood grilled 600g Scotch fillet, served on the bone parisienne potato, brussel sprouts, bacon, candied walnuts, bearnaise & red wine jus

Whatever it is it’s delicious and the thought of it has made me so hungry
Sounds superb, couldn’t think of any other reason to go to Newcastle

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree, I'm not a fan of Matterson at lock, him left edge and CHN right would be sweet.
I don't mind him in either position, hardly the end of the world if we don't get him but he's defenitely the type of player I want to play for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.