Social Media Dogs sign Billy Brittain

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
But their are no facts! It's only his opinion. And this is why so many people are arguing the point with him. No one outside of the role who were directly involved with these dealings can say this is fact. So for him to claim that without doubt its fact, is simply ridiculous. And personally I think it's also incorrect!
"Facts" was used as a figure of speech. As you point out, neither side know any facts. There's no facts. It's all personal opinion on a continually moving target as the teams fortunes ebb and flow to each person's satisfaction or not.

Why bother getting hot under the collar about issues that are so fluid and change day by day as the club deals with the situations.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Damian cook debut in 2016 for souths at 25...we sold him as nobody then. This kids got the awards already. Positive signs if weve caught him
Cook debuted 3 years prior to that for the dragons mate.

Also as someone else mentioned that cleeland that was here last year won the award too. He is similar age now and not got a nrl gig!

Not saying he will be shit from memory he looked ok on his debut this year.

I much much prefer him then Levi or lichaa. Though just not getting over excited yet.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I much much prefer him then Levi or lichaa. Though just not getting over excited yet.
Agree. Was a great young junior player in North Brisbane who I saw a fair bit when he went to school with my kids. He is getting a bit old to start a FG career now but he was good in his debut for Souths and has a good kicking game. Always played in the halves as a kid.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In Canterbury cup at the North Sydney bears he was captain then moved across to Souths where he is the captain again.
So its good that he has those leader attributes.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So have we signed him anyone with actual contacts know ? And can he play?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Can see these types of signings of true being kept secret until November 1

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In Canterbury cup at the North Sydney bears he was captain then moved across to Souths where he is the captain again.
So its good that he has those leader attributes.
Pretty sure Norths is South's feeder club.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So have we signed him anyone with actual contacts know ? And can he play?
I posted earlier that Souths tried to re-sign him and wanted him but he's leaving to change clubs. Those that I know at Souths believe he's joining us. We all know by now that things change quickly but it seems like we're signing him at this stage.

He's a solid player and a little bloke that rips in. Not great and doesn't have the pace of Cook but he's still zippy enough and creative. He'll work well in tandem with JMK and would have cost very little with no risk.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pretty sure Norths is South's feeder club.
They were last season. Now they are affiliated with the Roosters as Souffs wanted their own NSW cup team

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Cook debuted 3 years prior to that for the dragons mate.

Also as someone else mentioned that cleeland that was here last year won the award too. He is similar age now and not got a nrl gig!

Not saying he will be shit from memory he looked ok on his debut this year.

Mate i meant after he left the dogs...he was nothing flash untill he debut for south's...he was a late bloomer...just like I hope Billy is

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DWZ mid season signing, only club that could offer him Fullback position (Centre at Eels and Tigers couldn't move on Mbye). CHN is "on a contract that's going to set him up for life". CHN also lost his starting position at Panthers to Kikau. I didn't see 1 other club linked to him (was still under contract, thanks Gus?). Napa is also on 650k which is overs.

Why do YOU think we're going to be able to sign proven NRL players and marquee players for value (that are also wanted by other clubs)?

Sure, we can pick up a few opportunist players from reserve grade (Stimson, Britt, Brittain*), but we have millions in the cap to spend as well for 2021. To me, it's pretty clear we're trying to pick up "reject" type players for value until November (so far we've missed out on Ramien*, Koroisau and Ese'ese*) and then we'll splash the cash after that for 2021.
Well easy. We are bringing the right players to the club. Just because u dont think there marquee players does not mean everyone thinks that. We dont want marquee players. We need players that make a marquee club.
Ramien, api and herman. Two bench players and a sooky centre. What is your point.
Where not the titans.
Making excuses up about we were the only club available hence only reason we got them, is utter nonsense.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bradyk....please do yourself a favour and realise that most supporters agree, in principle, with your basic premise re what it will likely take to attract the necesssary marque players. However you can't convert those who want to challenge your opinion, so why bother.

And for those constantly having a go at the bloke for page after page, for heavens sake, scroll on...the topic gets off course and bogs down with repeated bs going round and round boring the hell out of TK.

Lay off all of you puhleese.
Ill just do as i fuckin like thanks

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well easy. We are bringing the right players to the club. Just because u dont think there marquee players does not mean everyone thinks that. We dont want marquee players. We need players that make a marquee club.
Ramien, api and herman. Two bench players and a sooky centre. What is your point.
Where not the titans.
Making excuses up about we were the only club available hence only reason we got them, is utter nonsense.
Hey, I realised the other day that's best I just let that argument die. Agree to disagree sort of thing I guess.

I'd just like to mention Koroisau is a starter not a bench player. Signing a bench player for 500-700k would be a little silly wouldn't it.
Also everyone seems to be loving Matterson right now, yet he also wants out from his club for being underpaid (maybe other issues too, but this is definitely one) exactly like that "sooky Centre".
I love when we don't get targets people just do a complete 180 on what they think about that player.