News Dean Pay's young Bulldogs are ready to build on 2019

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You said similar last year and look how things turned out...lol.
Honestly can't remember that far back.

One thing that's for sure is that the club/board/Admin haven't lied to us, they said there would be a few lean years until we got our cap back in order, so far they have lived up to their promises.
They haven't been perfect but they have done some very good things.
After our jet was heading south into the ocean the pilot has done a good job steering the plane back up and in 12 months time we'll be flying on top of the clouds again where we belong.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The way we've finished the season isn't guaranteed to be the same next year. Saying that we do need to start the season at least trading wins just so we know that it isn't the same old (the last 2 seasons).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep 100%, If we can't make the 8 next year then it's a massive flop
And who is accountable if that happens and what do you think we would need to do to improve that?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The way we've finished the season isn't guaranteed to be the same next year. Saying that we do need to start the season at least trading wins just so we know that it isn't the same old (the last 2 seasons).
Let's hope Toddy gives us a better draw!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Let's hope Toddy gives us a better draw!
Exactly, we literally had the worst draw of the 16 teams this year and surely we deserve a good one next season

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And who is accountable if that happens and what do you think we would need to do to improve that?
The NRL, because the draw wasn't fair. A fair draw is playing everyone twice, but the NRL doesn't understand that

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Honestly can't remember that far back.

One thing that's for sure is that the club/board/Admin haven't lied to us, they said there would be a few lean years until we got our cap back in order, so far they have lived up to their promises.
They haven't been perfect but they have done some very good things.
After our jet was heading south into the ocean the pilot has done a good job steering the plane back up and in 12 months time we'll be flying on top of the clouds again where we belong.
I really don't care about any of that, I only care about performances and results. I said from pre season that this squad was a lot better than people gave some of the players credit for, yet we heard the roster excuses non stop on here. In the end we finished pretty much where I said we should while the 8 was as average as I expected it to be.

No excuses next season, I don't want another repeat of this shit. Most rosters are still unbalanced and lack genuine quality other than the top couple of teams. Pay simply has to start off better next year and pre season is vital to that happening because he has completely fucked up the previous two and we've been on the back foot since. Also no more musical chairs with the 17, there shouldn't be any doubt over positions right now other than a few.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So the whole off season we are going to get fluff piece after fluff piece but unless we have a massive off season win 60 % of our first ten matches all the shit talk and the games we won at the back half of this season are irrelevant

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I really don't care about any of that, I only care about performances and results. I said from pre season that this squad was a lot better than people gave some of the players credit for, yet we heard the roster excuses non stop on here. In the end we finished pretty much where I said we should while the 8 was as average as I expected it to be.

No excuses next season, I don't want another repeat of this shit. Most rosters are still unbalanced and lack genuine quality other than the top couple of teams. Pay simply has to start off better next year and pre season is vital to that happening because he has completely fucked up the previous two and we've been on the back foot since. Also no more musical chairs with the 17, there shouldn't be any doubt over positions right now other than a few.
I agree

Pay needs to put our boys through at least two trial games not 40 minutes v the Raiders like he has

You can not compensate for real game time

Last two years we have missed the jump round one

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defense is now solid. If key players improve our attack by even 30% it would go a long way towards getting in the top8. It's a different beast during finals.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

This must be exactly the expectation of every Bulldogs fan from Pay and the players for 2020.

Done it for past 8 weeks. Were competitive, fit, committed and successful.

The bar has been set!

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We now have the foundations for a real good football team and that is grunt
I think this is a really good point D-v....particularly the word 'grunt'.

When Jacko grabbed Brown (Parra) with the ref standing there - and the rest of the boys reacted - I thought...."You beauty....good stuff!"
Then last week we were constantly bending a very formidable Bronco's pack backwards until we were eventually running straight through them.

All of those signs showed grunt and a mongrel I haven't seen in a while....and I liked it.
I'm looking forward to watching this squad (with additions) take some of the big boys 'out' next year and make some decent strides up the ladder!

I believe that we have the makings for a very good 2020.

Go Dogs!

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we can be a gritty side for 35 rounds we could do the the 8

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even if we continue on the the same trajectory as now. We will make the 8. Last year we came good after 6 games. This year 10 games, that means next year 14 games we come good and we make the 8....lol.