Congratulations Klemmer

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You're right, it's not substantiated but unless you watch the game, the body language and the player interviews ,with your eyes closed and ears blocked youll always be oblivious to the signs that the game leadership has moved out of Pays control . Josh Jackson talking about his strategy for 2nd half after assessing the oppositions game plan whilst breathless and walking off the field for halftime.

Foran using strategies such as kicking to the weaker side of the opposition and Lewis following suit and happily explaining to an interviewer that he took Forans lead.

DWZ leading by example, hitting defenders hard whilst on the attack.

Lewis using vision for one on one try savers..

You cannot train this into a game plan.. These individual acts of brilliance were the hallmark moments that kept us in the game.. And are not attributable to a coaches training The type of defence the boys are using comes from within.

A coach can be praised for constructing game plans that work but there were none that I can say we're obvious
Most captains asked at half time whilst leaving the field say and act the exact same way. They give there read on there short comings and what they need to do to rectify it in the second half. Not just captains.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right, it's not substantiated but unless you watch the game, the body language and the player interviews ,with your eyes closed and ears blocked youll always be oblivious to the signs that the game leadership has moved out of Pays control . Josh Jackson talking about his strategy for 2nd half after assessing the oppositions game plan whilst breathless and walking off the field for halftime.

Foran using strategies such as kicking to the weaker side of the opposition and Lewis following suit and happily explaining to an interviewer that he took Forans lead.

DWZ leading by example, hitting defenders hard whilst on the attack.

Lewis using vision for one on one try savers..

You cannot train this into a game plan.. These individual acts of brilliance were the hallmark moments that kept us in the game.. And are not attributable to a coaches training The type of defence the boys are using comes from within.

A coach can be praised for constructing game plans that work but there were none that I can say we're obvious
I would reply but I would just be repeating everyone else's sentiments.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just think coaches are given too much credit for winning . The players are the ones putting in the effort.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just think coaches are given too much credit for winning . The players are the ones putting in the effort.
I don’t agree,its all about man management same as the workforce,its the culture,work ethic and environment they instill that creates a winning culture

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
A lot of coaches are moving more into man/player management while delegating more and more (e.g. attacking coaches, defensive coaches). Obviously the coach oversees everything and haves the final say.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I bet if we lost those last 10 games it would’ve been Pay’s fault though
No that isn't the case. When okenbur kept dropping balls but kept getting picked.. that was Pays fault.
When Tolman kept getting the ball on the 4th tackle that was pays fault.

I know many won't agree but keeping Lewis out for so long and his lack of faith in Lewis as a valuable player is Pays fault.

Making choices such as who to play on a team is not worthy of such grandueur .

but his bad decisions obstructed the team from winning and that's Pays fault.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No that isn't the case. When okenbur kept dropping balls but kept getting picked.. that was Pays fault.
When Tolman kept getting the ball on the 4th tackle that was pays fault.

I know many won't agree but keeping Lewis out for so long and his lack of faith in Lewis as a valuable player is Pays fault.

Making choices such as who to play on a team is not worthy of such grandueur .

but his bad decisions obstructed the team from winning and that's Pays fault.
It’s easy to blame him but it seems if he gives a player a chance to regain confidence he is wrong and if he drops a player not performing he is wrong.

Des rarely dropped anyone. Players knew they were safe and would automatically be picked regardless of form or how good the juniors coming up were. Was that better?

You didn’t mention how CHN came back from being dropped and has improved his game, particularly defence out of sight. Do you credit Pay with that?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s easy to blame him but it seems if he gives a player a chance to regain confidence he is wrong and if he drops a player not performing he is wrong.

Des rarely dropped anyone. Players knew they were safe and would automatically be picked regardless of form or how good the juniors coming up were. Was that better?

You didn’t mention how CHN came back from being dropped and has improved his game, particularly defence out of sight. Do you credit Pay with that?
No it’s pays fault he wasn’t playing like that from the beginning!!! Hahahahaahaha

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I bet if we lost those last 10 games it would’ve been Pay’s fault though
This is exactly how we know it’s all agenda driven from all the Pay haters. If we win it’s because of the players. If we lose it’s Pays fault. You can’t get more proof that it’s agenda driven!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is exactly how we know it’s all agenda driven from all the Pay haters. If we win it’s because of the players. If we lose it’s Pays fault. You can’t get more proof that it’s agenda driven!
Exactly mate. The bias is astounding

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First of all I was a Des hater the moment he started to shop Ennis around . Ennis was the captain, the guy who led us to the Grand Final from 7th place . Des not putting any faith in Cook ( a guy who won 5 moms in 7 games) and placing preference in Lichaa. Des also replaced a SOO player (Hodko) who had a pinpoint kick which was the essential element in desball ) with a big head rookie Mbye .. The bloke was a shit house coach.. Poor vision poor choices poor game plan..
That's all a coach does is make decisions on who stays and who goes. It's not rocket science but when poor decisions are made they are detrimental to a teams success.

Des even went one better to destroy our club with his fucked up contracting decisions not to mention his shithouse decision for the players to never kick on the 6th.. If you look up obstructive in the dictionary you'll see photos of des.

All I'm saying is the credit for winning should go to the players and the players should be celebrated, not the coach all a coach should be credited for is not getting in the way and using common sense when selecting players..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
First of all I was a Des hater the moment he started to shop Ennis around . Ennis was the captain, the guy who led us to the Grand Final from 7th place . Des not putting any faith in Cook ( a guy who won 5 moms in 7 games) and placing preference in Lichaa. Des also replaced a SOO player (Hodko) who had a pinpoint kick which was the essential element in desball ) with a big head rookie Mbye .. The bloke was a shit house coach.. Poor vision poor choices poor game plan..
That's all a coach does is make decisions on who stays and who goes. It's not rocket science but when poor decisions are made they are detrimental to a teams success.

Des even went one better to destroy our club with his fucked up contracting decisions not to mention his shithouse decision for the players to never kick on the 6th.. If you look up obstructive in the dictionary you'll see photos of des.

All I'm saying is the credit for winning should go to the players and the players should be celebrated, not the coach all a coach should be credited for is not getting in the way and using common sense when selecting players..
I agree the players should get credit when playing well but it can’t just be the coaches fault when we are losing without him getting credit when we are winning too

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
First of all I was a Des hater the moment he started to shop Ennis around
The definition of agenda driven hate right there. He got rid of your pin up boy Ennis. Funny how you put this first above all the other reasons.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree the players should get credit when playing well but it can’t just be the coaches fault when we are losing without him getting credit when we are winning too
Yes a coach should get credit for winning too but his input shouldnt supersede the players.
It seems most coaches get the glory for a teams success just for making common sense decisions . Just want to point out my take on the situation. Its like we are sheep looking for a mesiah
For example how shit does Manly look without trobojovik. There's no way manly are going to see past the next game .

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The definition of agenda driven hate right there. He got rid of your pin up boy Ennis. Funny how you put this first above all the other reasons.
It was the turning point. I actually started questioning his decisions when he didn't see the value in increasing barbas income (coming off a dally M win and sweeping almost all categories ) and bringing that little fat dinosaur over from manly and making him the highest paid player on the field

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We fucked up with des.

Too much power.

We needed to control him and tbh, he’s still a great coach but his ability to spot talent isn’t the best.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was the turning point. I actually started questioning his decisions when he didn't see the value in increasing barbas income (coming off a dally M win and sweeping almost all categories ) and bringing that little fat dinosaur over from manly and making him the highest paid player on the field
Turning point for me was letting go of Cook. That was a no brainer.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolute bullshit, i know dean on a personal level and have for many years.
Im his biggest supporter yet his biggest critic. There are no agendas
I just call things how i see it.
If we win its cause of the coach. If we lose its cause of the coach.
Its obvious our squad is strong enough to compete so when where getting rolled easily it is the coaches fault.
Coaches are sacked in juniors for under performing, no special rules for dean cause the club and fans love him.
So i know deano and i like deano. His a good man but no one is bigger than the club.

Now am i agenda driving. No. Some do i see that too.
But dont sit there and accuse people of being on one side or the other. Childish.
Wake up to yourself.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolute bullshit, i know dean on a personal level and have for many years.
Im his biggest supporter yet his biggest critic. There are no agendas
I just call things how i see it.
If we win its cause of the coach. If we lose its cause of the coach.
Its obvious our squad is strong enough to compete so when where getting rolled easily it is the coaches fault.
Coaches are sacked in juniors for under performing, no special rules for dean cause the club and fans love him.
So i know deano and i like deano. His a good man but no one is bigger than the club.

Now am i agenda driving. No. Some do i see that too.
But dont sit there and accuse people of being on one side or the other. Childish.
Wake up to yourself.
Offft...heavy duty, take a step back and relax. Ok, i'll change my quote from "ALL the Pay haters to SOME of the Pay haters"
Geeez, somebody is not having a good day