Opinion Will Having Half of the squad of contract next year help us?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Players off-contract always player better. Whether it's been on purpose or not, I can only see this being a good thing for our 2020 season.

Reactions: DT

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Notice to all players in 2020, “IF YOU CANT CEMENT, WE AIN’T PAYIN YA RENT”

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would expect that our major targets eg. Mitchell/Manu, Luke Thompson/Arrow etc will be offered marquee contracts along with early deadlines. With early successful marquee recruitments the decision makers would then move quickly to re-sign wanted players. Until 1/11 I’ll keep a glass half full attitude.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would hope that we lock up our own players first re the camaraderie within the squad. The area I feel needs to be strengthened is in the halves. Who that player is I have no idea. That player may already be in the system.
Without the ability to score a lot of points we won't be a top four side. While our defense at the back end of the season was excellent it is unsustainable throughout an entire season. Until we can put a score on a team they will think they are a chance and maintain effort. Which means we will have to out effort the opposition for 25 rounds. We need more points and that will in my opinion come from a creative half.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign the improvers&and the ones that want to stay and have form on the board.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Nov 1 I believe we will see a couple of player movement. To sign 2 seasons away club's will prefer to move them on now. I hope to see a few changes to our squad going foward

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Until we can put a score on a team they will think they are a chance and maintain effort. Which means we will have to out effort the opposition for 25 rounds.
This is an excellent point. The difference between the start of 2019 and the end of 2019 comes down to Pay and the team figuring out how to play 80 minutes of tough footy, because at the moment no opposition team is going to give up against us, because we don't score much. When a team like Roosters gets a couple quick tries, teams are more likely to panic, because they know Roosters can put a score on.

Broncos game was a good little sign. If Dogs can score 6 or more tries in one of the first 4 or 5 games of the 2020 season, it will impact the mentality of opposition teams.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If playing for their future doesn't motivate players to be their best, they can fuck off. Having said that, I reckon most will lift.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just like Sezer!
Yep we signed Hodko and Keating so he went to titans.he was a junior and we should have kept him.i remember we played against the titans and he carved us up.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Players in contract year always perform better.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
20190910_215813.png
Tough audience... I thought that was mildly funny..

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep we signed Hodko and Keating so he went to titans.he was a junior and we should have kept him.i remember we played against the titans and he carved us up.
He was a very naughty boy off the field which is why he wasn't kept

Banned
Reaction score
He was a very naughty boy off the field which is why he wasn't kept
Which I, for one, fully support removal of players from the team, if they're not willing to accept guilt, atone for their actions and address their behaviour professionally to ensure it doesn't happen again.
Too small as an excuse is a great code for it too ...

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Which I, for one, fully support removal of players from the team, if they're not willing to accept guilt, atone for their actions and address their behaviour professionally to ensure it doesn't happen again.
You seem to be everywhere tonight, making up for lost time yay ;)

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
BUT you are defending Shane Flanagan?

Banned
Reaction score
BUT you are defending Shane Flanagan?
You don't when it comes to light Toad Grubturd advised he can speak to the club about a contract post ban, including player roster, then the ethics committee castrate him for doing so?
Look, I might not like everything he's done, yet that's just plain wrong and for that alone, he deserves a second chance, even if starting as an assistant coach.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You don't when it comes to light Toad Grubturd advised he can speak to the club about a contract post ban, including player roster, then the ethics committee castrate him for doing so?
Look, I might not like everything he's done, yet that's just plain wrong and for that alone, he deserves a second chance, even if starting as an assistant coach.
Do you have evidence of that?
He sent many many emails including a spreadsheet of illegal third party payments. Don’t forget the whole picture