Social Media Dogs sign Billy Brittain

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldnt be a surprise is good mates with Dean Britt and features in every second photo on his instagram lol

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who’d they play at hooker when cook was on origin duty?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Good option for a hooker rotation not sure why he wasn’t spoken about more as a potential target. He played in the halves from memory when he played 1st grade and was pretty good.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldnt be a surprise is good mates with Dean Britt and features in every second photo on his instagram lol
So firstly we sign Britt then we sign Brittain, just hope it all doesn't turn out one big pile of shit like this Brigxit saga.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Good option for a hooker rotation not sure why he wasn’t spoken about more as a potential target. He played in the halves from memory when he played 1st grade and was pretty good.
He pretty much said he never wanted to leave Souths so most seen it as something that would never occur. Hopefully it's true that we snared him

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
FFS Cindy. This place is like grinder.

Back on topic, why do you think a player would choose the tigers over us?

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How old was Cook when he broke onto the scene...?
lol. a lot of people say how Hasler ruined careers... Cook is probably the one that suffered the most because of Hasler.... he should be absolutely filthy that he got his first full season at age 25. and it's not like he was a bad player for the Bulldogs, because he wasn't. I remember watching him playing for us, doing the same stuff now, only in Bulldogs jersey. Big shame.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
FFS Cindy. This place is like grinder.

Back on topic, why do you think a player would choose the tigers over us?
Tigers and Dragons (even tho they have a stacked roster) are closest to us. They obviously performed better then us this year and I think will be expected/predicted to do better next year then us still. You can't really argue with the other clubs in Sydney tho. I think in 2022 we'll be 1 of the best Sydney clubs to come to, just currently I don't think that's the case. There are 2 main incentives for players; 1: results, 2: money.

We have a much better chance of getting players around Canterbury Cup/Intrust Super Cup because we're an opportunist club and can offer spots that other clubs can't (or don't need too), but they're not proven NRL players. The average to decent players I'm talking about are in the Ramien and Koroisau category (experienced and have shown something in the NRL, we know what we're going to get, etc) and then you obviously have your marquee players too.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dragons and Tigers better than us?
Did you check the ladder...Dragons finished 2nd last and Tigers 2pts in front. Tigers have cap issues and Dragons...well, they're just a lost cause.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dragons and Tigers better than us?
Did you check the ladder...Dragons finished 2nd last and Tigers 2pts in front. Tigers have cap issues and Dragons...well, they're just a lost cause.
Tigers performed better then us and were in top 8 contention all year. Dragons did finish 2nd last, but they have a stacked roster and underachieved while we overachieved. Dragons also slaughtered us both times we played them. There are still more Sydney clubs besides these 2 teams, just these 2 are the closest to us. I don't think they're good either. At the end of the day everyone is going to have different power rankings (predictions?) going into next season, just remember people on the outside still tipped us for the spoon this season even tho we finished strong similar to this season.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kyle Turner could be made into a decent backrower, has some skill and a bit of pace?

Between him and Joe Tapine I keep thinking I've been drinking too much Glenn.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So what if the Tigers were in the top 8.
If we had won a couple of games in the beginning like we did in the end, we would have been in the top 8. The Tigers have their complete team and are now trying to offload Mbye, Reynolds, Packer and Matulino meaning they're going to be paying a lot of freight whilst we're the opposite and will have a war chest with a team that finished only 2pts behind them. Dragons would sack Mary if they could but they haven't got the money to pay him out...
Tigers performed better then us and were in top 8 contention all year. Dragons did finish 2nd, but they have a stacked roster and underachieved while we overachieved. Dragons also slaughtered us both times we played them. There are still more Sydney clubs besides these 2 teams, just these 2 are the closest to us. I don't think they're good either.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So what if the Tigers were in the top 8.
If we had won a couple of games in the beginning like we did in the end, we would have been in the top 8. The Tigers have their complete team and are now trying to offload Mbye, Reynolds, Packer and Matulino meaning they're going to be paying a lot of freight whilst we're the opposite and will have a war chest with a team that finished only 2pts behind them. Dragons would sack Mary if they could but they haven't got the money to pay him out...
Like I said we're going to be an attractive team to play for in 2022 (easier to sign players) if we get it right in the next 2 seasons. Bringing the first good players (average to decent NRL players and marquee players) to the club is going to be difficult/impossible without results or money tho. We're doing a good job with our juniors/reserve players coming through, but we need more then that and we're going to have millions to spend with our "war chest" like you said.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score