Tolman

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How much is too much money?
Has the most meter in the team by a mile.
Also line speed when he doesn't play is terrible.

But how many hit ups does he take to get those metres, this can not be ignored

It’s about quality rather then just quantity

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dwz running back at the defense a million miles an hour now that’s fricken heart

James graham now he had heart

Josh Jackson he has heart

Plenty of players with heart
Point taken Tolman is one of them

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah he's got heart I just wish he would have the heart to get the fuck out of the ruck on the fourth and fifth plays when we are in the opposition 20.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like him as long as he's not touching the ball within 10m of the opponent's goalline.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I like him as long as he's not touching the ball within 10m of the opponent's goalline.
As others have said. Up to the coach to use his enthusiasm for work and use him as a planned decoy...not a runner. Not his fault he gets the ball if the coach lets this happen.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to nrl stats 2019 Tolman is;

Most tackles in NRL - 13th (wow)
Number of runs 14th
Average metres per run 33rd (ahead of Burgess, Fifita, Papali, Napa & just behind Trbojevic and about 1m per run less than Klemmer - most of the big meter/per people are backs)
Yards after contact 21st
Metres gained 24th

Thats a fantastic effort.
He hardly ever gets injured so he backs up week in out.

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I honestly think this was Tolman's best season.. he's always been known for doing a lot of the dirty work, but he is running harder now and making a lot more meters... I know I and others complain about his strike zone possessions but that's for the staff to work on, and for the halves to demand the ball... I reckon when you have a million dollar player in Foran in your squad, you make sure he touches the ball more than anybody in that zone

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman is safe as houses- does the dirty work and and lays the foundation for our younger forwards to rip in more as they wouldve conserved some more energy.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He has been much better over the last 2 months or so like the rest of the side. His play the ball speed in consistently up there these days and he's showing a little more vision with his runs instead of just going 3m forward directly at the only defender in sight. Defensively he is showing far more intensity than he previously did and is actively looking to slow down the ruck and not just hang on for dear life.

Not worth big money but if he can continue this and stay the fuck out of the way in the 20 and not burn possession then there's plenty of value there.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We all love and respect him until he inevitably crosses that line.....

the oppositions 20 meter line.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Complaints about him getting the ball close to the line. Thats because the other lazy buggars are nowhere to be seen.