Apparently bulldogs are in talk with semi radradra?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The rule is that clubs have to spend a majority of their cap space. In other words if we can't attract the cattle with a dangling carrot, the NRL step in. I'm more than certain there will be big names over the horizon lured by the scent of the carrot. Or as In Seinfeld terms, The KAVORKA.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That we can agree on. I honestly think we are heading in the right direction.
People are too obsessed with us getting this big marquee that they don't even care what position they play...throwing huge coin at Latrell and Semi would be a disaster unless we have actually addressed our spine.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
People are too obsessed with us getting this big marquee that they don't even care what position they play...throwing huge coin at Latrell and Semi would be a disaster unless we have actually addressed our spine.
Exactly and having big coin tied up in outside backs means there’s not going to be much left to do anything with the spine either.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Agreed mate

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latrell is just not the right signing for us at the moment, he is a luxury that a team like the roosters can afford to carry given their quality across the park. Last night he was not interested at all, just shocking. That sort of money on Cam Murray on the other hand is where the value is, that kid has got the lot. Just an example of the sort of player we need going forward.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Joseph Manu is who we should go after. He wouldn't command ridiculous marquee money, and i actually believe he is an elite centre in the making. He is already more consistent than Latrell, and also a lot younger than Semi. If it's youth and the future we are looking at, then that's who we should sign. He would also fit in with our kiwi contingent.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Joseph Manu is who we should go after. He wouldn't command ridiculous marquee money, and i actually believe he is an elite centre in the making. He is already more consistent than Latrell, and also a lot younger than Semi. If it's youth and the future we are looking at, then that's who we should sign. He would also fit in with our kiwi contingent.
Honestly I after seeing these anti latrell posts, I honestly believe we have roosters supporters on this forum.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d love him but the roosters will lock him up before November 1. We can’t even talk to him. That won’t stop some on here saying we missed out on him though

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters will resign everybody with upgrades and the media will claim it's all from "Cronk money"

Yet the Roosters will still be somehow have a spare million in the cap as they always do to sign any new superstars that emerge.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is there something wrong with your ability to comprehend what i just said? How is my post anti Latrell in any way? I would love him in a dogs jersey. What I'm saying is when you consider factors such as money, potentially fitting in and consistency, Manu is the better option. Not suggesting Latrell won't fit, however Manu being a kiwi i would feel would do so easily. Read, digest and fathom what I'm saying and don't look at it from your negative perspective Latrells first cousin Seven07.
Honestly I after seeing these anti latrell posts, I honestly believe we have roosters supporters on this forum.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is there something wrong with your ability to comprehend what i just said? How is my post anti Latrell in any way? I would love him in a dogs jersey. What I'm saying is when you consider factors such as money, potentially fitting in and consistency, Manu is the better option. Not suggesting Latrell won't fit, however Manu being a kiwi i would feel would do so easily. Read, digest and fathom what I'm saying and don't look at it from your negative perspective Latrells first cousin Seven07.
Manu won't be cheap either. If Ramien is worth 500k, you're looking at 600-700k at least. I really like Manu as a Latrell alternative tho.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is just about to re- sign with the roosters, so you can forget about him

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think we need to enquire about MacDonald’s current situation,and see if he is ready for an NRL return yet..
If his head is right,he would be a good,relatively cheap pickup that has plenty of size and knows how to finish.
I think Semi would be too much from the cap,which takes cash away from tempting players like Grant,Paps and maybe a Staggs..
My 3 cheaper options for 2020 are
Segeyaro
MacDonald
Lisone
Releasing ..
Holland
Licchaa
Fualalo
Opinions guys

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, nene will bring the crowds in.
Who cares what radradra costs, long suffering dogs supporters deserve some happiness and the club owe it to them now
I think we need to enquire about MacDonald’s current situation,and see if he is ready for an NRL return yet..
If his head is right,he would be a good,relatively cheap pickup that has plenty of size and knows how to finish.
I think Semi would be too much from the cap,which takes cash away from tempting players like Grant,Paps and maybe a Staggs..
Segeyaro
MacDonald
Lisone
Releasing ..
Holland
Licchaa
Fualalo
Opinions guys

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The war chest is big enough to sign 2 marquee players and a young gun on his first big contract. The club has shown it isn't going to pay overs for players like Ramien and Koroisau, Scott is also in that category. Unless no one else in the NRL was to go for him then don't expect him to be here.
Gotta be more like him in Fiji or a sivo.
His good but 800k?we need some other positions filled first before I’d be comfortable with spending that sort of money on a winger.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Segeyaro
MacDonald
Lisone
Releasing ..
Holland
Licchaa
Fualalo
Opinions guys
Rumours Dragons are keen on getting him back...

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Segeyaro
MacDonald
Lisone
Releasing ..
Holland
Licchaa
Fualalo
Opinions guys
MacDonald & Lisone might end up like Dugan & Ferguson not good for each other, just a thought.

We don't need a short term 1 year contract hooker, we already have one and he currently has a number 7 on his back, can tackle and kick from dummy half and I don't buy the too tall for the role argument.

No issue with releasing or not resigning the 3 players you mentioned.

Also thought Smith and Harper went ok in centres and lets give Wakeham a fair crack in FG before deciding on a new halfback and I believe we are also covered for wingers and fullback for 2020.

Would rather try certain players we have in other positions instead of buying a cheap 1 year option as pickings seem slim at this stage.

Don't know enough about any potential English players.

Something may change before 30 June next year then perhaps we can pounce otherwise lets try and buy a premiership in 2021 with our war chest.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Seggy suggestion was just because we might get a crack at Grant for 2021..
If not,the club could activate the second year for Seggy,and maybe he might earn himself another contract after that if he shows us his best.on and off the field..
I think Nene would offer us something out wide,and after his indiscretions would come pretty cheap..
I like what I’ve seen from Wakeham and Harper looks like a Reimis clone of 2/3yrs ago..
I think missing out on Koroisau will be a blessing for us..
JMK showed enough late season to show he can be a quality 9 with the right mentoring..
If we can hang on and not sign a superstar centre,we may have one in waiting that might be ready for 2021 in Averillo..
No doubt we are on the up..it just depends on our signings for the next 2yrs as to how far we can improve
Dog 4 Life

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Segeyaro
MacDonald
Lisone
Releasing ..
Holland
Licchaa
Fualalo
Opinions guys
Segeyaro would be OK off the bench but I think he'd command too much coin, plus I don't see him coming to the club. Mcdonald is a tit, he should go back to the dragons