News Paul Gallen EXCLUSIVE:Why the Bulldogs can rise to make top eight in 2020

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I could give a flying fuck about what Gallen has to say
"Drug taking cheat, thug, dickhead".

My apologies for being restrained or a bit vague but it is a family club and forum....

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
G-train Doesn’t interest me either lol..!!

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
"Make the top 8". I hope we're aspiring a bit higher
Yes we are. I was lucky enough to get into the sheds after the Broncos game. To say spirits were high amongst the players is an understatement. Getting that winning feeling again to finish off our season in style felt so good.

Before the Foxsports crew turned on their cameras to film our victory song, Dean Pay addressed the boys about the game. Pay challenged them at half time and they responded. I cant repeat too much of what he said because to do so breaks confidences. His words though and the reaction of the players left me in no doubt that he has the respect of the playing group.

10 weeks ago we drew a line in the sand. We understand the effort that is required now every week to win in this competition. No team scares us now. We know what we stand for and we know who we are. We want to be a top 4 team. We know what is required. We need to turn up for the pre season with the same attitude and determination that weve shown in this last stage of this season ready to compete.

This squad has quickly built a comraderie that money cant buy. Theres no big heads in this group. The newer guys Foz, Naps, DWZ, CHN, Meaney and Cogger are all down to earth and valued members of our team. Deano has been able to blood new guys this season such that we have an expanded experienced squad to call on in the event of an injury...and fit right into the pattern of our play both in offence and defence.

Ive seen enough to know that Dean Pay knows what is required to win and has instilled the confidence in the players to execute his plan.

Suffice to say we have surprised the Board and are ahead of schedule in our rebuild. Next March the weekly challenge starts again. I have confidence we will be ready.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i hope im wrong but I still think until we get a better 7 and 9 we are no chance at finals..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i hope im wrong but I still think until we get a better 7 and 9 we are no chance at finals..
I hope the squad don't think they're not good enough or we're defeated before we take the field.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Talking shit. He said "we threw the ball around at the backend of the season" um no we didn't. We barely scored a point. We won on the back of defence.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CroydonDog may be unwilling to break a confidence and tell us what Pay said to the players at half time and his luck or good manoeuvering to land himself in the sheds. What Pay said is easily gleaned from his press conference. Pay at half time said to the players words to the effect "Look, yeah, you know, you need, you know, to , you know, in the second half, you know, in this next half, you know, well - you know!".

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I believe bulldogs had the side this year but there were some bad coaching decisions made. I think Pay is learning but he is not the brightest person his going to take time.
The team efforts saved him so all I can say his at least got the players playing for him.
We didn’t have the side this year.losing josh Morris hurt.his defence was sorely missed and sides attacked us on the edges.took some time for combinations to form.as lay said give this side some first grade time and they will come good.players like Lewis,jmk etc.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes we are. I was lucky enough to get into the sheds after the Broncos game. To say spirits were high amongst the players is an understatement. Getting that winning feeling again to finish off our season in style felt so good.

Before the Foxsports crew turned on their cameras to film our victory song, Dean Pay addressed the boys about the game. Pay challenged them at half time and they responded. I cant repeat too much of what he said because to do so breaks confidences. His words though and the reaction of the players left me in no doubt that he has the respect of the playing group.

10 weeks ago we drew a line in the sand. We understand the effort that is required now every week to win in this competition. No team scares us now. We know what we stand for and we know who we are. We want to be a top 4 team. We know what is required. We need to turn up for the pre season with the same attitude and determination that weve shown in this last stage of this season ready to compete.

This squad has quickly built a comraderie that money cant buy. Theres no big heads in this group. The newer guys Foz, Naps, DWZ, CHN, Meaney and Cogger are all down to earth and valued members of our team. Deano has been able to blood new guys this season such that we have an expanded experienced squad to call on in the event of an injury...and fit right into the pattern of our play both in offence and defence.

Ive seen enough to know that Dean Pay knows what is required to win and has instilled the confidence in the players to execute his plan.

Suffice to say we have surprised the Board and are ahead of schedule in our rebuild. Next March the weekly challenge starts again. I have confidence we will be ready.
Were you lucky enough to run into finchie?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Thanks for that mate. Ignore the negative Nancy’s

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for that mate. Ignore the negative Nancy’s
Negative Nancy"s are in abundance here. Sadly they seem to think they have more skill or experience than a guy
who has played at the highest level that anyone can play. Dean Pay doesn't drop players on a whim.
There's a reason for all of his decisions. I think he has been proved right.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Negative Nancy"s are in abundance here. Sadly they seem to think they have more skill or experience than a guy
who has played at the highest level that anyone can play. Dean Pay doesn't drop players on a whim.
I agree mate. We aren’t at training and not privy to the dozens of discussions had both one on one and as a group.

It’s like with the players. If you’re not a superstar you’re “shit” or a “plodder”.
People need to realise just how hard it is to make first grade. I don’t blindly support my team and hate losing but also don’t throw the toys out of the cot when we have a bad run

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But see the problem is, when he starts elliot nor does he drop elliot, when he is culpable for not only the same kind of mistakes others get dropped for, but he commits those same mistakes at a higher rate.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree mate. We aren’t at training and not privy to the dozens of discussions had both one on one and as a group.

It’s like with the players. If you’re not a superstar you’re “shit” or a “plodder”.
People need to realise just how hard it is to make first grade. I don’t blindly support my team and hate losing but also don’t throw the toys out of the cot when we have a bad run
Age has a lot to do with it mate. Not all the time, some younger guys are brighter than some older ones.
You got a lot of kids on this forum, some even in their early twenities who didn't even experience the 95 team that won the comp built on defence and comradery.
Some even laugh at the term "Bulldog DNA".....well it's real and there is such a thing and I'm glad it's comming back

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Age has a lot to do with it mate. Not all the time, some younger guys are brighter than some older ones.
You got a lot of kids on this forum, some even in their early twenities who didn't even experience the 95 team that won the comp built on defence and comradery.
Some even laugh at the term "Bulldog DNA".....well it's real and there is such a thing and I'm glad it's comming back
100% agree mate. Hopefully they get Red V memberships for Christmas and piss off there haha

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
3 letters was all it took, D W Z. Encompasses everything said about being a Bulldog.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
CroydonDog may be unwilling to break a confidence and tell us what Pay said to the players at half time and his luck or good manoeuvering to land himself in the sheds. What Pay said is easily gleaned from his press conference. Pay at half time said to the players words to the effect "Look, yeah, you know, you need, you know, to , you know, in the second half, you know, in this next half, you know, well - you know!".
That was DogTime, but I agree with what you're saying.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In the back end of the season, Canterbury have shown that old Dogs spirit that their club has always been known for.

They said openly that they were trying to find the old Bulldogs DNA by appointing a former player in Dean Pay as coach. It didn't work for them last year, didn't work for them at the start of this season, but it looks like Pay has found that now.

Leaders like Josh Jackson, Will Hopoate, Dylan Napa, Aiden Tolman have stood up. They've unearthed players like Morgan Harper and Jayden Okunbor. Lachlan Lewis had a good back-end to the season and that experience will be invaluable for him next year.

Corey Hawawira-Naera has been a strong signing. There are some good players on the bench, too: big blokes like Raymond Faitala-Mariner and Renouf Toomaga who can come on and cause some damage for short periods of time.

Melbourne's Joe Stimson is a good signing for them, plus South Sydney's Dean Britt. Those guys will be genuine pluses for them next year. They probably need to find another hooker; that position has been an ongoing issue for them.

But if they keep showing that fight, that competitiveness that the Bulldogs are famous for, I think they can challenge for the top eight next year.

Hopefully they can start next year the way they finished this season. It's always a bit easier when there's no pressure on you; Canterbury started throwing the ball around in the back end of the season and it stuck.

It will be interesting to see how they start next year when the pressure is back on. But there are players there who have experienced Test and Origin footy, quality players who should hold them in good stead amongst the new talent.

I'm not a fan of Paul Gallen.
I think he's a thug, a drug cheat and a passive aggressive who can turn on the charm and
sense at will.
I think his penchant for the ring has indicated he's always had a desire to belt blokes.
His pathetic attack on Nate Miles years ago demonstrated this.
He throws a couple at Myles while he was unprepared and claimed it was payback for his previous indiscetions.
Come on - why were these not dealt with in a more manly manner at the time.
Punches were removed from the game shortly after.
If Gallen said the above (no quotation marks), well, I reckon there's something in it for him even though
the substance holds some sense.
It would'nt surprise me if he's out talkin the Dogs up as he was the king of dog acts !