Opinion Season Summery

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To sum up the season, the dogs initially continued to sink but thankfully bottomed out and are now on their way back up. The pipeline of junior development has been repaired. The season ended with future looking bright.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If we don’t win 6 or 7 of our first 10 matches at the start of next year the wins we’ve had at the end of this year won’t mean a thing it’s that simple

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another change as the season has progressed is that the squad has become more balanced. The dogs started with the Bulldogs website recording one centre, one fullback who was really a centre and thirteen second rowers. The squad on the website now lists 3 centres, 2 (genuine) fullbacks, 3 halves, 2 five eights and 7 wingers. In the forwards is now listed 4 props, 8 second rowers 2 hookers (one whose contract is not being renewed) and one lock (although I do not personally consider Suaso Sue to be an asset). The difference to the balance in the squad, with more to come, demonstrates the imbalance is being rectified.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
If we don’t win 6 or 7 of our first 10 matches at the start of next year the wins we’ve had at the end of this year won’t mean a thing it’s that simple
Without knowing the draw for next season that may be a touch unrealistic to expect a 60-70% win rate.Anything over 50% would be a good start IMO.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Without knowing the draw for next season that may be a touch unrealistic to expect a 60-70% win rate.Anything over 50% would be a good start IMO.
Well said. If the draw comes out and our first ten matches include games against Canberra, Chooks, Manly, and two games against the Storm, a 70% win rate will seem a tad optimistic...

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need to win 4 more games than we did this year and our attack has to be better by about a try per match.
The Storms differential was better than our attack, we need to average another two tries

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Man I must be the only one on here that actually thinks we’ll carry this form into the first 10 rounds next year. Why is everyone so worried, our boys are slowing becoming seasoned footballers, the more games they play the better! The second half of this year is completely different to the second half of last year. This year we’ve won more games against better opposition, our rookies are no longer rookies next year and each player is getting better and better

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Man I must be the only one on here that actually thinks we’ll carry this form into the first 10 rounds next year. Why is everyone so worried, our boys are slowing becoming seasoned footballers, the more games they play the better! The second half of this year is completely different to the second half of last year. This year we’ve won more games against better opposition, our rookies are no longer rookies next year and each player is getting better and better
Because we got duped the last three seasons when we finished hot and started the following year ice cold

I can appreciate the skepticism of ‘we have seen this movie before’

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because we got duped the last three seasons when we finished hot and started the following year ice cold

I can appreciate the skepticism of ‘we have seen this movie before’
You don’t think the exiting of experienced personnel on the field had anything to do with it? I do

Graham, Reynolds, Kasiano etc end of 2017

Klemmer, JMoz, BMoz, Eastwood etc end of 2018

Next year the team will be more settled.