News Players let go at end of season confirmed

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add Sue to that list too - but I agree, we don't need Fualalo. Wouldn't mind a big dominant prop to add to the list though, but hooker is still the main gap.

Can't say we've missed Rhyse Martin BTW.
Yeah i agree but there isnt much out there which would be a massive upgrade on JMK.

I really like the look of young Wakeham and i reckon he will be totally ready for week in week out 1st grade by the time Forans contract is up.

Wouldnt mind that Luke Thompson from St Helens and a powerful centre

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Add Sue to that list too - but I agree, we don't need Fualalo. Wouldn't mind a big dominant prop to add to the list though, but hooker is still the main gap.

With Rhyse + the four in the OP, and Tualau who was let go earlier, that is 6 that finished up this year?

Gotta say at the start of the season I thought Rhyse was a near certainty to lock in a regular FG spot. Seems like he didn't want it enough though?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So how many vacant spots are there currently to fill the top 29, considering top 30 doesnt need to be full till June next year from memory?
26 if I worked it out correctly, thats also not including any players moving up from development contracts.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lichaa is OUT

We need to sign a hooker ASAP or at least a utility rotation with Marshall-King

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only thing I don’t understand is that the other three were barely picked as they weren’t in the plans yet he picked Danny almost 3/4 of the season just to let him go. Why weren’t we playing younger forwards in his place once the season was over. Pay is a scrub

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score

We started winning when he took his shit attitude to England

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only thing I don’t understand is that the other three were barely picked as they weren’t in the plans yet he picked Danny almost 3/4 of the season just to let him go. Why weren’t we playing younger forwards in his place once the season was over. Pay is a scrub
Yeah like why not develop Ogden more instead of picking Danny F.
Unless he has a thought that more minutes in Reserves is better than 10-15 in nrl

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Helps when Jacko recovered from surgery and found some form.. :blush:

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah like why not develop Ogden more instead of picking Danny F.
Unless he has a thought that more minutes in Reserves is better than 10-15 in nrl
Danny F tore it up in CCUP today. Prob was the best player on the park bya country mile. And I’m not even a fan of his. Ogden I see jack all.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Danny F tore it up in CCUP today. Prob was the best player on the park bya country mile. And I’m not even a fan of his. Ogden I see jack all.
2 weeks in a row... MOM in my opinion in both games and in the losing team. I'd put Jackie Nelson as a better prop that Ogden right now... Pity.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danny was unstoppable in that game, big shame we lost it at the end but he played great.
Ogden has gone missing badly.
He was playing really well in the top grade in the middle of the season.

Seems he did not respond well to his dropping to CCup (which was harsh to be fair).

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Danny was unstoppable in that game, big shame we lost it at the end but he played great.

Seems he did not respond well to his dropping to CCup (which was harsh to be fair).
Its really disappointing, he was looking really good and was one of our best for a short period and then got dropped and when he made the team again he was getting 10-15 minutes, it was crazy to see tbh.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He will most likely pick canterbury cup contract but that only 30 or 40k a year similar Lachlan burr last year. I don't see many teams giving him a top 30 on the roster best thing he could play next year in strong side and kill it try win some recognition like prop of the year in Canterbury cup then get pick up the follow year in top 30 somewhere else.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets hope holland and elliot play up mad monday and they can go too.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The last time we fairwelled someone we resigned them for 2 years, won't believe it till next season officially starts!
Even then the player we let go can make a mid season comeback before June 30 Lol

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lachlan lewis will not play a full season next year guaranteed