Congratulations Klemmer

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
when you have Mitchell Peirce (aka Dogf#cka) in your leadership group, you know you have issues.
I think fucking animals of any variety is frowned upon in most circles......................lol

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think fucking animals of any variety is frowned upon in most circles......................lol
not in Newcastle, that's leadership material out there LOL

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t be any more happier that we have moved past Klemmer. Now that we have seen how the season has panned I am also kind of glad the club moved on mbye and the Morris brothers. For me, mbye was a nothing player and is still highly overrated. The Morris brothers are way past it as well. I haven’t seen anything in their game at the sharks or roosters that has made me say I wish they were still here.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m happy Klemmer got to join a stable club that’s building for the finals and has stability both on and off the field, especially with a strong final third of the season. Well done champ, you finished with the same amount of wins and losses as the Bulldogs side you bailed on.

Spot on. With a roster that took its time to find form and play cohesively we managed to come home with a wet sail, earning some glowing compliments from the media and a renewed faith from the fans. A really poor start to the year in which everyone had written us off as wooden spooners anyway.

We avoided the spoon by beating teams with ability in the last six rounds. Newcastle in their last six rounds beat only two teams Titans and Cowboys by big scores and if not for those blowouts would have had a woeful for and against.

What did the Knights end up doing...that's right blowing the perfect opportunity to play finals after years of failure and wooden spoons by having another year of failure and bringing to the forefront infighting with players shafting the coach and making sure that they played poorly enough to get him to walk. Yep...great club are the Knights and Klemmer and they are a perfect fit along with his new best mate, that other dog lover Pearcey.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The main lesson here is DONT CHASE BIG MONEY BIG NAME "MARQUEE PLAYERS"!!!

Look at the culture that built for the knights! Theyre a greedy disaster!
100 x this. I've not been inclined to be excited about talk coming out of the club about signing a "marquee" player. Kinda hoping that it is just a ploy to make nervous clubs overspend on their big name players, so that lesser known players who would be team players, not Klemmer-like de-stabalisers, are more likely to become available.

Don't want flashy big names on $1.2M a season, want to see a team who can win tough, scares the crap out of the opposition, and clearly enjoys being out on the paddock together. The rest will look after itself.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can’t be any more happier that we have moved past Klemmer. Now that we have seen how the season has panned I am also kind of glad the club moved on mbye and the Morris brothers. For me, mbye was a nothing player and is still highly overrated. The Morris brothers are way past it as well. I haven’t seen anything in their game at the sharks or roosters that has made me say I wish they were still here.
I think we suffered losing the Morris bros at the beginning of the year defensively. Not the only reason but there experience in defense was missed. But as you said, Im glad there all gone and were moving into a different era leaving the past behind.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Newcastle is a train wreck thats currently happening in slow motion, coach gone, playing group a shambles, miss finals, klemmer in trouble,

Hristofas

Waterboy
Reaction score
News.com.au-

Newcastle star David Klemmer has been fined $1150 by the NRL following an accusation he swore at an NRL sideline official during the Knights’ miserable loss to Penrith.

The former Bulldog was investigated by the NRL after claims TV footage showed the star forward turning around towards the sideline and saying the words ““f***ing idiot”.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/d...l/news-story/37277049754106514afa60c7a5df49f4

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
News.com.au-

Newcastle star David Klemmer has been fined $1150 by the NRL following an accusation he swore at an NRL sideline official during the Knights’ miserable loss to Penrith.

The former Bulldog was investigated by the NRL after claims TV footage showed the star forward turning around towards the sideline and saying the words ““f***ing idiot”.
Haha, of course they have to chuck in the "former Bulldog" part. Fuck the media.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did they seriously write the former bulldog?

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
100 x this. I've not been inclined to be excited about talk coming out of the club about signing a "marquee" player. Kinda hoping that it is just a ploy to make nervous clubs overspend on their big name players, so that lesser known players who would be team players, not Klemmer-like de-stabalisers, are more likely to become available.

Don't want flashy big names on $1.2M a season, want to see a team who can win tough, scares the crap out of the opposition, and clearly enjoys being out on the paddock together. The rest will look after itself.
Exactly. We have a mostly reserve grade side that has scared a good few (and beat half of) the current top 4.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

It'd be shades of the past if we manage to assemble a great team without splashing huge money on established stars. A team of champions doesn't always make a champion team. Most of our biggest stars were either here as juniors or recruited between 21-23 having tasted NRL games, but not quite forcing their way into permanent spots. Guys like Vagana, Ryan, Patten, O'Meley all came here at a young age and having played in the top grade. But form slumps pushed them back down the pecking order.

I often think that bringing in a player earning massive money will cause others on low wages who give their all to become dispirited and drop off their effort level.

I know that the current situation of greedy players, supported by even greedier managers makes it harder to operate like we used to. But it's nice to dream that we could pick up overlooked talent and assemble a star team again.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
News.com.au-

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/d...l/news-story/37277049754106514afa60c7a5df49f4
Klemmer has more hair than brains
upload_2019-9-10_3-26-17.jpeg

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only one I regret is maybe Josh Morris and that’s because he was with us so long. It was only Holland in his position so we could of done with him. Bret sat his standard 1/2 year out injured, and Klemmer hasn’t upset me as much as I thought. He’s a massive bell end and I’m glad he’s gone now.