Mad Monday

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck the fun police. Journalists have ruined Mad Monday for everyone. As long as they aren't hurting anyone why care what the boys are up to. Let them let their hair down after a long season. There are worse things going on within the game, let alone the world that they should focus on.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hopefully they have learnt from past mistakes and have an event entirely away from prying eyes.
They should be aloud to do what everyone else does THEY HAVENT DONE IT ALL YEAR GIVE THEM A BREAK THE FUCKING MEADIA NEED TO FUCK OFF

Malla

Reaction score
I actually think the media will be stalking the knights bigtime they are bound to cut loose and fuck up
I was thinking the same thing lol they’ll all be on the gear off their chops

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No such place.
We’ve had helicopters, telephoto lenses and high powered microphones at our events in the past.
FFS the media harangued the players as the were hidden away in a facility under BSG after one of the Grand Final losses. And still they played up some bullshit claim of misogynistic chants or some other bullshit

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
FFS the media harangued the players as the were hidden away in a facility under BSG after one of the Grand Final losses. And still they played up some bullshit claim of misogynistic chants or some other bullshit
Yep, that’s when Jayne Azzopardi put her bird beak through the fence with a long range microphone

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Has there been ANY Mad Monday skylarking reported. Haven't so much as seen a Superman or player dressed as a woman on the news from any team :grinning: I guess Murdoch has The Block or Love Island to focus his gossip hounds on lol.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Has there been ANY Mad Monday skylarking reported. Haven't so much as seen a Superman or player dressed as a woman on the news from any team :grinning: I guess Murdoch has The Block or Love Island to focus his gossip hounds on lol.
I’ve seen none at all. It looks like we scared everyone into secret mad Monday celebrations. Manly still need to have theirs next week though and with half a squad of scum who knows what they’ll get up to haha

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury have scrapped Mad Monday to ensure there is no repeat of last year’s scandal as NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg warned club’s there will be a "zero-tolerance" approach to player misbehaviour in the off-season.

The silly season will officially begin next weekend for the eight teams that don’t qualify for the finals, with the majority of them indulging in the traditional Monday celebrations.

"We’re playing our [final] game, we’ll then have a family dinner back at the club," Canterbury chief executive Andrew Hill told The Sun-Herald. "That’s the only thing we’ve organised, there’s no other organised celebration."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/en...t-of-last-year-s-scandal-20190831-p52mp0.html
The Murdoch fabricators will be hunting out our players in hotels, and staking out Belmore with high powered lenses and directional microphones. They will find something for a sensational headline if any player says so much as "leave me alone". What these gutter types need is a great scandal ridden headline, with a follow up story from League HQ about points deducted or players stood down for 2020.

If there's no story, they'll invent one. We can only hope that some other club drops their guard in the belief that the Bulldogs will be the distraction.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
They should do something very sensible like have a high tea, help some little old ladies across the street and then visit some sick kids at the hospital.

That will fuck 'em.
Example of Murdoch journalism - Josh Jackson visits a sick child in hospital and says to him :" Sorry you're in a tough spot stuck in bed and unable to do the things you'd love to do. Makes me realise how lucky I am to have my mobility. If there's anything the club can do to help, we'll be there for you".
Headline - BULLDOGS CAPTAIN MOCKS SICK CHILD - Glad it's you and not me laughs Jackson.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A reputable security firm to find a suitable venue that's easy to secure ,and repel gutter media folks, would have been worth a look into. No players should be denied their Mad Monday celebrations. They've earned it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A reputable security firm to find a suitable venue that's easy to secure ,and repel gutter media folks, would have been worth a look into. No players should be denied their Mad Monday celebrations. They've earned it.
Leagues club function room