Tolman

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I would like to bump this thread and acknowledge Tolman's turn of form that has coincided with the team's turning point too.

He still annoys me when he sticks his nose into our attacking plays in their 20 m zone, but overall, the guy hits the lines with great timing, good positioning to consistently gain great post-contact metres and quick play the balls.

He was always a great defender, but he has played a very important role in our go forward in the last 10 weeks and it's great to see a good man play with more intensity and clock up more run metres week in, week out.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im not going to bag Tolman.. he puts in every game all the time whether its hitting up or make tackles..

I have alot respect for him and I think all our fans should.. Theres many other players in the NRL with alot more talent that dont perform anywhere near as consistently as Tolman..

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When selections are made, Tolman is always the first selected. And with good reason.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We keep him until his contract finishes and then make a decision . If we can't get any better he stays

By the way on the wkend I saw jmk and cogger fake pumping to him and passing past tolman to foran.

So I think the hookers have worked out not to pass to him in the 20

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say he is just playing the way he is told to. It's a no brainer that he should be no where near the ball after tackle 3 but surely it was Hasler and now Pay telling him to do it. I doubt they would ever get rid of him and will probably retire with us.
Agree I think he’s now the heart of our team

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree I think he’s now the heart of our team

Oh no

Now he is the heart lol

Can’t we ever have a superstar as our heart?

First renoylds now tolman?

I can think of plenty of other players that can be the heart of our team

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh no

Now he is the heart lol

Like that dud Lichaa?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is least of our problem atm but this guy has been a massive problem for many years now, he may be a workhorse but the game is way past his type now, I cant believe that this hasn't been addressed yet, so slow has no impact, and constantly gets in the way and kills momentum
Was so glad it seemed Dean Pay changed our strategy and they kept using Tolman as a decoy only in the opposition 20 against the Broncos. Our halves purposely (it seemed) to get a lot more ball in the opposition 20 in that game also which you would think helped us score a lot more points than usual.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
We keep him until his contract finishes and then make a decision . If we can't get any better he stays

By the way on the wkend I saw jmk and cogger fake pumping to him and passing past tolman to foran.

So I think the hookers have worked out not to pass to him in the 20
Finally! LOL

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tolman reads the game, he has a footy brain. He does so many little things in each game. Just in the last few games of the season he was the bloke making the tackle that concluded an opposition line break on several occasions. He is a smart operator when taking hitups too, personally I prefer him to Klemmer in that role. He gets rolled on his back less, gets quicker play the balls, and even though he seems to have less of that much talked about "bending the line" capability of someone like Klemmer, he makes a surprising amount of run metres and post contact metres. Good engine too, he can be relied on to do 60-70 quality minutes which is a big deal if another forward is out of the match in early stages due to injury or HIA.

Who was it that gave Nathan Brown an earful a second or two after the final whistle went in the game against Parra?

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is least of our problem atm but this guy has been a massive problem for many years now, he may be a workhorse but the game is way past his type now, I cant believe that this hasn't been addressed yet, so slow has no impact, and constantly gets in the way and kills momentum
I think a lot of people would agreed with u ,including myself,but u have to remember his forte is his defence he averages over 40 a game,as for his attack it's up to the coach to devise,alternatives,I don't like the idea of him in the attacking 20,that's up to the coach not him,

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman's a great toiler and is probably giving some great leadership to the younger forwards, but I would't re-sign him. We need forwards with impact.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh no

Now he is the heart lol

No disrespect to you dogs since 81 I see heart I know heart broncs hooker makes a break who was there cleaning up Tolman that’s heart

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No disrespect to you dogs since 81 I see heart I know heart broncs hooker makes a break who was there cleaning up Tolman that’s heart

Dwz running back at the defense a million miles an hour now that’s fricken heart

James graham now he had heart

Josh Jackson he has heart

Plenty of players with heart

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The criticism leveled at Tolman used to annoy the crap out of me. It doesn't really matter because he's won the respect of every coach he's played under. He's been an NRL regular every week that he's fit to play for many years. So in spite of the people that think he is a dud because he doesn't break the line or put on big hits regularly, he's still getting selected every week.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope he isn't re-signed because I guarantee he's on way too much money
How much is too much money?
Has the most meter in the team by a mile.
Also line speed when he doesn't play is terrible.