The "R U OK ?" Thread

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gents, as someone who lost a child recently, I have learned it's not a contest :grinning:

I hope everyone is doing ok.
I doubt words can make a difference so I hope your strength as a family remains as you get through this. All the best.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
@CroydonDog breaks my heart to hear that mate. I truly hope you and your family are doing as well as can be. I really dont know what else to say....?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brand new grandad
Team in the finals
Celebrating 32nd anniversary next week
Mother in law dead
Retiring in 4 years
Yeah all pretty good.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Been pretty good of late. Had a couple of triggers over the last week or 2 but no where near as bad as before. Im quite proud of myself (never thought id hear myself saying that lol).

I hope everyone is doing well? If not then there's nothing wrong with that. Vent away here if it helps. Not everyone is the same, so if you'd rather talk to someone you know then make sure you do that. Fuck this stigma bravado bullshit.

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been putting up with un needed threats and abuse from my older brother.
Think I might just disown the waste of space prick?

My girlfriend recently told me she has to move back to Brazil because she can't afford to stay here.

So it looks like I'm going to have to meet another South American and start all over?

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been putting up with un needed threats and abuse from my older brother.
Think I might just disown the waste of space prick?

My girlfriend recently told me she has to move back to Brazil because she can't afford to stay here.

So it looks like I'm going to have to meet another South American and start all over?

Reading your posts you seem pretty depressed etc.

Just wondering have you ever tried antidepressants?

If not, Id suggest you speak to your doctor about them, they certainly helped me.

If you are on them I aware that certain people respond better to certain brands than others, so you could consider switching.

Just trying to help.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Reading your posts you seem pretty depressed etc.

Just wondering have you ever tried antidepressants?

If not, Id suggest you speak to your doctor about them, they certainly helped me.

If you are on them I aware that certain people respond better to certain brands than others, so you could consider switching.

Just trying to help.
No I don't use antidepressants.

I'm one of those guys who smiles a lot even though I'm not really happy.

Only one woman I've met in the last year has pointed that out.

Only problem she is just as fucked up as me.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Well I’m about to get turfed tomorrow (lose my job), so it goes without saying I’ve been better. The fact of the matter is I’ve done nothing wrong, rather this company has as they recruited me incorrectly by falsely advertising what the job is all about.

Well... on the plus side I don’t have to worry about my micro-managing boss, and I’ve got some documents to prove to the HR manager that they were in the wrong, not me.
Ok so I thought I might you guys a bit of an update on my situation. It's been 3 weeks now and we've had a meeting in between, and they actually rejected my request to get a transfer, so I'm certain I'll be told next week that I'm gone.

However...

Just now, the ED sent an email update advising everyone to attend a meeting on Tuesday afternoon at 4:00pm (one of the worst times to call a meeting), to update everyone on a review that is being undertaken on our structure. In other words... RESTRUCTURE.

Well looks like I'm about to walk the plank of a sinking ship... I've never felt so indifferent in my life!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok so I thought I might you guys a bit of an update on my situation. It's been 3 weeks now and we've had a meeting in between, and they actually rejected my request to get a transfer, so I'm certain I'll be told next week that I'm gone.

However...

Just now, the ED sent an email update advising everyone to attend a meeting on Tuesday afternoon at 4:00pm (one of the worst times to call a meeting), to update everyone on a review that is being undertaken on our structure. In other words... RESTRUCTURE.

Well looks like I'm about to walk the plank of a sinking ship... I've never felt so indifferent in my life!
Don't worry.

I'm sure you will make things work out?
You're in your mid 30s and level headed.

You won't need a cv for your next job!

The last 4 jobs I've got the person interviewing me tossed my resume in the bin in front of me without looking at it and I got the job.

Just go work for Iraqis, they don't give a shit about resumes and they always pay cash on bank day!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Don't worry.

I'm sure you will make things work out?
You're in your mid 30s and level headed.

You won't need a cv for your next job!

The last 4 jobs I've got the person interviewing me tossed my resume in the bin in front of me without looking at it and I got the job.

Just go work for Iraqis, they don't give a shit about resumes and they always pay cash on bank day!
Cheers bro.

About working with Iraqi's... I think I'll need to hear @ASSASSIN's take on that though :D

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

However...

Hope you fall on your feet and pick up another job you want and enjoy very soon.

Unfortunately long gone are the days of job security even in the Public Service.

There wouldn't many people in the workforce today who haven't been made redundant in a "Restructure" by a "Change Manager" who have been employed to handle the sacking process .

With the advent of outsourcing "to India" in particular in the clerical / administrative / accounting fields, the reduction of manufacturing industry in Australia as a whole with outsourcing to "China" or due to automation and the downturn in work in the construction industry with the worst still to come and the mining boom coming to an end you're not on your lonesome.

The only area booming seems to be the bedpan industry with the continuing ageing population and the National Disability Scheme in place.

If I and many others are right and we are on the verge a a severe recession or even depression thinks look grim.

The future to me looks like most people being on multiple casual low paying contracts with the lucky minority on permanent decent paying jobs.

Don't mean to be so negative and I hope I'm proved wrong.

Australia really needs to move away from its reliance on the resources sector and get some national income producing sectors like manufacturing or solar energy innovation etc moving and this can only happen if all levels of government work together and invest or give tax incentives to the private industry to invest in these sectors before we start to realise the benefits.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Hope you fall on your feet and pick up another job you want and enjoy very soon.

Unfortunately long gone are the days of job security even in the Public Service.

There wouldn't many people in the workforce today who haven't been made redundant in a "Restructure" by a "Change Manager" who have been employed to handle the sacking process .

With the advent of outsourcing "to India" in particular in the clerical / administrative / accounting fields, the reduction of manufacturing industry in Australia as a whole with outsourcing to "China" or due to automation and the downturn in work in the construction industry with the worst still to come and the mining boom coming to an end you're not on your lonesome.

The only area booming seems to be the bedpan industry with the continuing ageing population and the National Disability Scheme in place.

If I and many others are right and we are on the verge a a severe recession or even depression thinks look grim.

The future to me looks like most people being on multiple casual low paying contracts with the lucky minority on permanent decent paying jobs.

Don't mean to be so negative and I hope I'm proved wrong.

Australia really needs to move away from its reliance on the resources sector and get some national income producing sectors like manufacturing or solar energy innovation etc moving and this can only happen if all levels of government work together and invest or give tax incentives to the private industry to invest in these sectors before we start to realise the benefits.
I know mate, I'm feeling it.

The bust of the housing market recently has helped potential first home buyers though - that's a plus.

The public service will never again have job security. I mean this one just announced will be the 6th restructure in 6 years. I see a mass exodus on the cards and people looking for new jobs before the restructure hits their area.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm sure he will have good things to say?
Can't be any worse than working for Lebs?
Lebs, Iraqis all the fkn same, it's a Middle Eastern thing lol

Iranians are known to be the worst of the worst lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

If you ever go on a date with an Iranian woman just wait for the moment she accuses you of being married and then throw the accusation back at her!
Thats what I did and turns out I was half right.
Bitch was engaged to be married!

You can't trust married women, lol sly bitches of the highest order!

Wahesh

Reaction score

I’ve never dealt with Iranis, but I’ve heard Egyptians are the worst... apparently they’re like Jews.

Wahesh

Reaction score
If you ever go on a date with an Iranian woman just wait for the moment she accuses you of being married and then throw the accusation back at her!
Thats what I did and turns out I was half right.
Bitch was engaged to be married!

You can't trust married women, lol sly bitches of the highest order!
Not surprised there. Mind you Middle Eastern girls born here are ok, because we share the same mentality... but the ones born overseas... AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!