Movie Discussion

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When it comes to Dave Chappelle, I think Ricky Gervais said it best

Lmfao what a load of shit. Kevin Hart is a perfect example he has been fkd for a joke he said years ago. If you can joke about anything that wouldn’t have happened. Chappelle is only getting away with this coz of his minority status lol. Ricky is a known lefty of course he gonna say something like that. It’s the typical tactic of lefties, play the “objective” card whilst being complete subjective and bias lol. Only works on fellow lefties though

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lmfao what a load of shit. Kevin Hart is a perfect example he has been fkd for a joke he said years ago. If you can joke about anything that wouldn’t have happened. Chappelle is only getting away with this coz of his minority status lol. Ricky is a known lefty of course he gonna say something like that. It’s the typical tactic of lefties, play the “objective” card whilst being complete subjective and bias lol. Only works on fellow lefties though
Man you get triggered easily.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol. I’m not offended by the content of the source we’re talking about. We can’t keep changing definitions of words especially made up ones for left lol
Sure thing, Snowflake

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The Cabin in the Woods

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1259521/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

So when I started this movie, I thought to myself that it's Saturday night, and I... actually... no, no... I'm not going to review this movie. I'll leave it to my brother @The_Chimpster to review because I know he'll be able to find the words best used to describe it.

Chippy... this one's on Netflix. Let us know your thoughts brother :grinning:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Cabin in the Woods

So when I started this movie, I thought to myself that it's Saturday night, and I... actually... no, no... I'm not going to review this movie. I'll leave it to my brother @The_Chimpster to review because I know he'll be able to find the words best used to describe it.

Saw this years ago but I must give it another watch seeing it was one of the most refreshing, imaginative horrors I've seen. With a great set up, solid acting and a premise that was executed very well.

Fun fact, Drew Goddard and Joss wheadon locked themselves in a hotel room over the course of a weekend and wrote the entire script, of course the studio had no faith in the movie seeing it was shelved for years after filming, only seeing release after Hemsworth became a "star"

Hollywood really need to take more risks, and this end product is the perfect example.

4/5

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Cabin in the Woods

I love this movie. Seen it twice, need to watch it again.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Saw this years ago but I must give it another watch seeing it was one of the most refreshing, imaginative horrors I've seen. With a great set up, solid acting and a premise that was executed very well.

Fun fact, Drew Goddard and Joss wheadon locked themselves in a hotel room over the course of a weekend and wrote the entire script, of course the studio had no faith in the movie seeing it was shelved for years after filming, only seeing release after Hemsworth became a "star"

Hollywood really need to take more risks, and this end product is the perfect example.

4/5
I love this movie. Seen it twice, need to watch it again.
The one thing about this movie that gets me is why do they always take that elevator down? Surely they know that it's not going to lead to an escape. I love it though when all the monsters come out of the elevator and kill the soldiers :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Hadley getting killed by the Merman was like the ultimate Karma lol.

I also found this movie has a lot of similarities to the Belko Experiment... a secret organisation that has a primary purpose to kill people. Hmmm...

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The one thing about this movie that gets me is why do they always take that elevator down? Surely they know that it's not going to lead to an escape. I love it though when all the monsters come out of the elevator and kill the soldiers :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Hadley getting killed by the Merman was like the ultimate Karma lol.

I also found this movie has a lot of similarities to the Belko Experiment... a secret organisation that has a primary purpose to kill people. Hmmm...
I honestly don't remember much about it, I watched it about 7 years ago (hence why I plan on revisiting it)

parts I recall were what happened to hemsworth and me nearly pissing from laughing so hard, the ending, sigourney weaver and the stoner character who had that awesome bong/coffee thermos (apparently the prototype was designed specifically for this movie and cost $5000)

I'm a wealth for useless info like that thanks to imdb trivia :sweatsmile:

Wahesh

Reaction score
I honestly don't remember much about it, I watched it about 7 years ago (hence why I plan on revisiting it)

parts I recall were what happened to hemsworth and me nearly pissing from laughing so hard, the ending, sigourney weaver and the stoner character who had that awesome bong/coffee thermos (apparently the prototype was designed specifically for this movie and cost $5000)

I'm a wealth for useless info like that thanks to imdb trivia :sweatsmile:
Do you remember the two-way mirror scene? That was pretty funny too lol. And the one-armed freak girl who axed Sigourney Weaver then wouldn't let go of the axe and fell into the pitt as a result lol.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do you remember the two-way mirror scene? That was pretty funny too lol. And the one-armed freak girl who axed Sigourney Weaver then wouldn't let go of the axe and fell into the pitt as a result lol.
I can't say I do.

Will watch it later this week and refresh my memory ;)

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
This has got to be the worst looking movie to come out this year. Based on true events, which is ironic as Cardi B is in the movie and looks like it should be a bio pic. Love how they are glorifying her actions of drugging men and robbing them but somehow empowering the women at the same time. Thanks Hollywood for more of your bullshit! Hey @Realist90 one for you mate.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This has got to be the worst looking movie to come out this year. Based on true events, which is ironic as Cardi B is in the movie and looks like it should be a bio pic. Love how they are glorifying her actions of drugging men and robbing them but somehow empowering the women at the same time. Thanks Hollywood for more of your bullshit! Hey @Realist90 one for you mate.

That does look terrible but I still think this wins as worst looking movie of the year... or next year... or decade... whatever

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The house that Jack built ,it got hammered in reviews so that's why I watched it ,I'm glad I did enjoyed it.i can see it not it being every ones cup of tea but shit happens .
A few scenes in it actually shocked me lol

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Hollywood: we really want to show we support women due to men getting away with crimes they allegedly committed.
Also Hollywood: how would you (cardi) like to share your brave empowerment story of robbing and drugging men.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The house that Jack built ,it got hammered in reviews so that's why I watched it ,I'm glad I did enjoyed it.i can see it not it being every ones cup of tea but shit happens .
A few scenes in it actually shocked me lol
Yeah, lars von trier movies are an acquired taste (anti christ was fucking mental and I'm still yet to watch nymphomaniac 1&2 despite having them for two years) but I liked this one. Matt dillon made a very convincing serial killer

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hollywood: we really want to show we support women due to men getting away with crimes they allegedly committed.
Also Hollywood: how would you (cardi) like to share your brave empowerment story of robbing and drugging men.
Haha that's why I tagged you I knew you would understand the bullshittery of it all.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha that's why I tagged you I knew you would understand the bullshittery of it all.
Bro honestly will this ever stop? I mean it’s gotten to the point where uneducated people like cardi who can’t even pronounce word properly get political air time and people follow their words lol. Like she’s a legit slut by definition and by “social constructs” lol yet she’s held with some sort of social justice respect