The I’m sorry Adam Elliott thread

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He comes into his prime around now doesn't he ......
I bagged him. Thought the guy was useless.

He's been going good. I even like that he ball plays a bit. He just needs to know when and where to pass. He forced the pass a bit too much.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mates got a job going as a kitchen hand at a yeeros shop, if he goes well he might make it into the green room and spend his days playing manila..jokes

Why don’t you start a protest outside of Belmore?

He’s going nowhere.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
He does this every year, woeful at the start when we need to win but ok when we have nothing to play for. Elliot should be a depth player for us heading into the future

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the thing about Elliot is that he is an effort player that has a lot of heart, not skill.
He comes on with a lot of energy and tries to lift the squad.
I a similar way to Josh Reynolds (Albeit in different positions), it's rocks or diamonds because that energy and excitement can either lead to an error or it can be brilliant.

He's a great clubman and squad player but might find it hard to keep his spot next year.
Him and/or C Smith might make way.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i use to hate him because of his ridiculous hair, now i like him a lot more since

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Even the sun shines out of a dogs arse occasionally

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
the thing about Elliot is that he is an effort player that has a lot of heart, not skill.
I a similar way to Josh Reynolds (Albeit in different positions), it's rocks or diamonds because that energy and excitement can either lead to an error or it can be brilliant.

He's a great clubman and squad player but might find it hard to keep his spot next year.
No way.... unlike the average kennel “expert” Pay sees the value Elliott brings to the team. There are other forwards who are more likely to make way. RFM and CHN both spent time in reggies this year.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He grew up a Dogs fan .. and he punches above his weight..

Cant bag the guy out.. actually the opposite he deserves praise for his form & effort..

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way.... unlike the average kennel “expert” Pay sees the value Elliott brings to the team. There are other forwards who are more likely to make way. RFM and CHN both spent time in reggies this year.
Easy tiger, no need to get condescending because you're an Elliott fan.

I like him too for his passion and effort, but you can't deny, he isn't the skillful, ball playing lock like Jurbo or Radley or similar.

CHN and RFM got put in reggies because he didnt know how to use them correctly; he figured it out in the back end of the year and it worked very well.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I disagree. Elliot actually has a lot of skill. He played in the halves as a junior, and when he picks his moments he can be a very good ball player. He just needs to become better at choosing the right moments to do so.
He definitely improved as the year went on, as did the whole team. But this improvement coincided with the team effort in lifting considerably in defense, which, across the team, allowed each and every player a little bit more time and energy to get the little things right, as everyone was sharing the workload. Players like Napa, and Elliot for that matter, were not rushing out of the line to put on big hits etc, so we defended as a unit, which gave every player that little bit more time and energy. So I also disagree with a previous comment suggesting Elliot only plays well towards the end of season.
If we can continue with our defensive unity, I think all of our forwards will improve their output in both attack and defense, and players like Elliot will finally start to show their worth.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Easy tiger, no need to get condescending because you're an Elliott fan.

I like him too for his passion and effort, but you can't deny, he isn't the skillful, ball playing lock like Jurbo or Radley or similar.

CHN and RFM got put in reggies because he didnt know how to use them correctly; he figured it out in the back end of the year and it worked very well.
Well I'm still waiting for some apologies, tbh....making me a bit cranky :P

Seriously, where is this assumption Elliott isn't skillful coming from? He has demonstrated more ball playing ability than most back rowers.....just needs to learn to use his skills more selectively....and recently there has been improvement in that area. I think Pay rates him highly and would be very surprised if he's not part of our 17 for some time. If he ever does find himself on the open market, I'm sure a number of clubs will express interest. He is just a scapegoat on here.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well I'm still waiting for some apologies, tbh....making me a bit cranky :P

Seriously, where is this assumption Elliott isn't skillful coming from? He has demonstrated more ball playing ability than most back rowers.....just needs to learn to use his skills more selectively....and recently there has been improvement in that area. I think Pay rates him highly and would be very surprised if he's not part of our 17 for some time. If he ever does find himself on the open market, I'm sure a number of clubs will express interest. He is just a scapegoat on here.
Just like Tolman is shit too.