Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New Stuff....

Rings of Saturn with "oooeheerrrhoooeeehhhrrrrrr Technical Grind Correeeeeeeee!"

For the Prog peeps, new Leprous

And don't forget the Drunken Dwarf Metal. 'cause who doesn't love Drunken Dwarf Metal

New Fit for an Autopsy is pretty friggin good

I like that Leprous song.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Listening now for the third time. It is their best album in a very long time, definitely since Portnoy. Some of the intros are so damn infectious.

PS listen carefully during S2N, specifically 4:02.
Sorry, I saw a comment about DT here a while back and noted it for future investigation :grinning: Did a search and this post popped up. I'm a huge fan and love the last album. I've been living in the US the past few years and have pretty much seen all their tours for the past decade, but back in Oz now. Fuck I want to see this current tour so bad. New album stuff + Scenes from a Memory in full.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New Cattle Decapitation. Pre order bundles available on indiemerchstore

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry, I saw a comment about DT here a while back and noted it for future investigation :grinning: Did a search and this post popped up. I'm a huge fan and love the last album. I've been living in the US the past few years and have pretty much seen all their tours for the past decade, but back in Oz now. Fuck I want to see this current tour so bad. New album stuff + Scenes from a Memory in full.
ha. I need to give the album another listen, I forgot all about it by now.

I haven't gone to a DT tour for many years now, but I would be keen to go if another tour was announced. TBH seeing Mike Portnoys Shattered Fortress quenched my thirst for DT for a while.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New Korn album is actually pretty decent. Very similar to original Korn but slightly less crazy

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
New Korn album is actually pretty decent. Very similar to original Korn but slightly less crazy
Grabbed it the other night. Leaked 2 weeks early which will hurt them.

Korn were my favourite band growing up. I will always have some bias.

New album from the 3-4 listens I've given it is exactly what you'd come to expect from a Korn album. Sonically huge, JD is still a woeful lyricist lol, formulaic song writing. The heavy parts are heavy. The quirky parts are quirky. The cringe parts are cringe.

There is a blatant Pantera rip on one of the songs which I'm all about also haha.

It's probably not going to be in my top 3 Korn records but it is far from the worst. Good solid pass mark for mine.

Will probably give more detailed opinion on it after more spins.

Way too many big bands putting out new music atm. I'm still frothing the new Slipknot record too. New Tool was a snooze fest for me though.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I haven't gone to a DT tour for many years now, but I would be keen to go if another tour was announced. TBH seeing Mike Portnoys Shattered Fortress quenched my thirst for DT for a while.
The new album is fucking great. I think it’s their best since Octavarium. It has a mix of everything on their. I’ll definitely be going when they come out. I’ve been to all their tours out here

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That was a very fun night. I went to the Brisbane show at the Tivoli. Me and about 100 others :hearteyecat:

Mike.jpg

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Not sure if/where this is/was posted on here but quite frankly i dont care coz it needs to be posted again....

Ladies and gentlman i present to you - G.O.A.T

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some more new shit...

New Agonist track. Their new album is coming out in about a week and a half. And apparently Alyssa White-Gluz is still trying to get the bank shut down

New Despised Icon album will be out next month for the Grindcore kids

And for a bit of classic Brutal Death Metal, Hideous Divinity have a new album out next month as well. Seriously, check out this track. If you're not into Death Metal already, this will get you there

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I got around to listening to the album today. I guess I was somewhat underwhelmed. Maybe it will grow it me. Actually, it was quite a chore to even get through to the end of the album.
Honestly I have to agree. Tool are probably my favourite band but this album just felt like it was full of filler and had no real power behind it.

It'll probably grow on me but right now I feel like it's their worst album to date.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
New Amity Affliction and they sound like they are going back to their heavier style unlike the Misery album of last.