Great ending to the year

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I love it. We are going into next season not worrying about:
1) salary cap problems (in fact, we know that we have money to buy some players nor next year);
2) who the coach will be or whether the players have faith in deano;
3) whether our defence is capable and whether we can compete.
4) whether michael lichaa will be around.
5) speed and muscle (although can be better)
6) whether foran can prove his worth

Bring on the dogs in 2020
Less "?"s then last year.
Recruitment is still a "?" tho.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You should only post a thread called "great end to year" if it's in late September!

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should only post a thread called "great end to year" if it's in late September!
We have grown accustomed to mediocre seasons, that much that we celebrate a win at end of season. True story

But I did enjoy tonight’s game, can’t deny that

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have grown accustomed to mediocre seasons, that much that we celebrate a win at end of season. True story

But I did enjoy tonight’s game, can’t deny that
Come on mate, that's such a load of shit! I cant stand people saying this shit. We haven't accepted mediocrity at all. That's just bullshit.
The last few years have been tough for many reasons, I need not explain. But suggesting we are accepting mediocrity after the end to this season, and after all of the hard work and tough decisions that have been made is just completely false.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont think we can afford to waste the first six rounds next year on gambling if lewis can put back to back games together

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Less "?"s then last year.
Recruitment is still a "?" tho.
Not really. I don’t know why this doesn’t bother me as much as it worries others on this forum. I don’t think recruitment is a problem at all.

1. We’re one win out of the top 8 so I don’t see how players don’t want to come to our club. It’s not like we are wooden spooners or a team finishing in the bottom four. And for all the whining bitches on this forum and you know who you are who kept playing the same tune all season that players don’t want to come to a wooden spoon club...well that theory is now squashed!!

2. Players like DWZ, CHN and Stimpson are all quality players who signed with our club when we were at our lowest.

3.Just because we missed out on a few more signings is a good thing IMO. It shows that proper cap management is in place and that we are not going to pay overs for anyone nor be dictated by player managers anymore. We are proving that we can promote within and develop young players who want to play FG. This is the definition of an attractive club!

4. Some comments are made on this forum without a single idea of the inner workings of our club.

5. Steven Price is going to be the best administrator the club has ever had since Bullfrog

Last edited:

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) salary cap problems (in fact, we know that we have money to buy some players nor next year);

Didn't Much as have a farewell last year or the year before...beware..lol

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The only problem, next season seems so far away. It’s like mothballing an engine once it’s finely fully primed.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really. I don’t know why this doesn’t bother me as much as it worries others on this forum. I don’t think recruitment is a problem at all.

1. We’re one win out of the top 8 so I don’t see how players don’t want to come to our club. It’s not like we are wooden spooners or a team finishing in the bottom for. And for all the whining bitches on this forum and you know who you are who kept playing the same tune all season that players don’t want to come to a wooden spoon club...well that theory is now squashed!!

2. Players like DWZ, CHN and Stimpson are all quality players who signed with our club when we were at our lowest.

3.Just because we missed out on a few more signings is a good thing IMO. It shows that proper cap management is in place and that we are not going to pay overs for anyone nor be dictated by player managers anymore. We are proving that we can promote within and develop young players who want to play FG. This is the definition of an attractive club!

4. Some comments are made on this forum without a single idea of the inner workings of our club.

5. Steven Price is going to be the best administrator the club has ever had since Bullfrog
I like your comment regarding Steven Price,that’s a big call
My knowledge of our management staff or inner workings is limited but you have instilled confidence in saying that.
We should be very grateful that this great club is in good hands and moving forward
Hope the rest of the board are also on the same page,looking forward to voting

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was a great finish to the season and the pride and effort for the past few months has been amazing. Unfortunately though the same thing happened the year before and look how we started in 2018 and this year..

All of this will mean nothing if we start off 3-8 again next season and dig ourselves an insurmountable hole. Playing like this when the pressure is on is the key part.

Hopefully we have a huge offseason and build on these performances this time. The attack needs to keep improving and moving forward Ogden, Renouf, RFM, Wakeham and Harper need to play more than they did this season for us to take the next step.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score

1. We’re one win out of the top 8 so I don’t see how players don’t want to come to our club. It’s not like we are wooden spooners or a team finishing in the bottom four. And for all the whining bitches on this forum and you know who you are who kept playing the same tune all season that players don’t want to come to a wooden spoon club...well that theory is now squashed!!

Yeah but surely we gotta pay overs to bring in some top name players?

Only way we can do it is by paying overs

Im telling ya

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Im telling ya
Anyone know how much DWZ, CHN and Stimson are on?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t post very often but I thought I’d share this thought...

I know it’s disappointing that we didn’t make the 8, but that finish to the year was amazing.

BUT. You know the Dogs are back and the fans know that other teams are fearing us again when the Bulldogs Chant went around the whole stadium in the last minute.... I hadn’t heard that for years and years. Gave me goosebumps!
Yes i was the same with the Bulldogs chant its been a while . Last night was special. We are coming back and cant wait till next year. Congrats to all at the dogs.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Im telling ya
Lol, I wonder what people mean by “paying overs”

The term paying overs is used too loosely these days.

When people say we need to pay overs to recruit players, which players are we actually talking about?

Paying Foran $1m a season when he would of come for $500k is what you call “paying overs”

But paying $800k for a gun hooker when their market value is $700k or maybe paying an extra $100k for another gun player in a spin position to complete our line up is not paying overs. Two spine players for an extra $200k of a $9.5m salary cap is chump change.

Yes it is overs, for keys positions to beat other clubs to the punch which all clubs do IMO. But if your definition of overs means the Foran type purchase, well yeh that’s what you call paying overs which this club will not do, nor be fooled by player managers anymore!

Also when people say we need to pay overs because we’re not an attracting club, well that’s just bullshit! The tightness we have around the playing group at the moment would make any player want to come play for a club on the rise!

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

When people say we need to pay overs to recruit players, which players are we actually talking about?

Paying Foran $1m a season when he would of come for $500k is what you call “paying overs”

But paying $800k for a gun hooker when their market value is $700k or maybe paying an extra $100k for another gun player in a spin position to complete our line up is not paying overs. Two spine players for an extra $200k of a $9.5m salary cap is chump change.

Yes it is overs, for keys positions to beat other clubs to the punch which all clubs do IMO. But if your definition of overs means the Foran type purchase, well yeh that’s what you call paying overs which this club will not do, nor be fooled by player managers anymore!

Also when people say we need to pay overs because where not an attracting club, well that’s just bullshit! The tightness we have around the playing group at the moment would make any player want to come play for a club on the rise!
Paying overs = 200-300k Bulldog tax. It's what I read on TK...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Also when people say we need to pay overs because where not an attracting club, well that’s just bullshit! The tightness we have around the playing group at the moment would make any player want to come play for a club on the rise!
Overs = paying a large enough sum to attract a player from a rival. IMO it's 200-300k for marquee players. 100-200k for average to decent players.
So if we wanted Koroisau (I'm not 100% what he signed at the Panthers for, but lets say 500k) 600-700k. If we wanted Ramien also 600-700k.
I believe we're the last Sydney club a player will sign for.
I'm not sure why Foran and other back ended deals are brought up.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paying "overs" examples would be;

Ash Taylor
Corey Norman
Ben Hunt
Mitchell Moses
Matt Moylan
Shaun Johnson