The I’m sorry Adam Elliott thread

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Disagree. RFM’s form was just as bad before pay started posting him in the middle, tbh... Elliott holds his own with both those guys. At his best, he’s probably better.
No actually , rfm was dropped for bad form and Elliott was rewarded.. that's why people dislike Elliott , because other more skillful players are dropped for less.. rfm has more skill in his left toe compared to Elliott whole body..

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have nothing to apologise for, I know quality when I see it. Those of you who incessantly bag him can leave your apologies below.
Fair enough. I've never really bagged him, definitely not incessantly, but you have to admit, he was a machine for mistakes and silly plays for a long time. Has definitely improved recently, but needs to keep improving I reckon for a long term future at the Dogs. More of an edge forward IMO and would be interesting to see him back there now that his running is better and the silly stuff is mostly gone. Still, I expect CHN and Stimson to start on the edges next year, with JJ at lock and RFM getting more minutes in the middle from the bench (Elliott to compete for an edge spot I reckon).

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He is still a very very very avge player who once in a blue moon plays above his own expectations. One day when we win a premiership, you will look at the team list and see he will never be on it..
But, good on him for getting a chance that most of us will never get... to wear that Dogs jersey..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He is still a very very very avge player who once in a blue moon plays above his own expectations. One day when we win a premiership, you will look at the team list and see he will never be on it..
But, good on him for getting a chance that most of us will never get... to wear that Dogs jersey..
Lol ok.... go tell Pay.... or the large number of experts who rate him and think he adds value to our team.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fair enough. I've never really bagged him, definitely not incessantly, but you have to admit, he was a machine for mistakes and silly plays for a long time. Has definitely improved recently, but needs to keep improving I reckon for a long term future at the Dogs. More of an edge forward IMO and would be interesting to see him back there now that his running is better and the silly stuff is mostly gone. Still, I expect CHN and Stimson to start on the edges next year, with JJ at lock and RFM getting more minutes in the middle from the bench (Elliott to compete for an edge spot I reckon).
Stimson's no certainty (I think he's been a little over hyped). As it stands I'm expecting the same as this year regarding our 11, 12 and 13 (not including future recruitment, if any). Stimson would have to really impress in training otherwise I see him having to wait for his opportunity due to injury or poor form at the start of the season from CHN or Elliott. Also unless we run no utility on the interchange I don't see him making it there either. Elliott and Smith are still the best Lock rotation we have. Toomaga and RFM are our Prop's.

Captain_Karisma

Waterboy
Reaction score
His form early on was indicative of the whole team. Even Jackson was well below standards

But I like his energy and ability to use the ball
Yes prone to the odd ball handling errors but hoping he will have a big off season and be more selective moving forward

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Elliott will slot in somewhere. He is well liked and highly valued at the club.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He has his good games when our props provide go forward and quick play the balls.

Otherwise he gets completely dominated in his hit ups. He needs a back pedalling defence to have any kind of "impact".

Just look at tonight's game Napa went in and stopped hayne pass dead in his tracks and Elliot went flying backwards.

Hes a nothing player and i cant believe he still gets picked ahead of other playera

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The only thing that is useless is irrational hate for players who ain’t goin’ Anywhere. :p
Chn
Jackson
Rfm
Renouf

Are all better than him. And we have Stimson and kalache to come in too.

By 2021 he won't even be first choice for the bench. Mark my words

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lol ok.... go tell Pay.... or the large number of experts who rate him and think he adds value to our team.
Thank you for your contribution to the we love mediocrity bulldogs supporters club...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Thank you for your contribution to the we love mediocrity bulldogs supporters club...
You’re projecting your own mediocrity on to players you don’t like.... sad :(

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Yeah he's improved his game in the last month or so but hardly an apology is needed lol. He still wouldn't walk into any other side except maybe the Titans.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No actually , rfm was dropped for bad form and Elliott was rewarded.. that's why people dislike Elliott , because other more skillful players are dropped for less.. rfm has more skill in his left toe compared to Elliott whole body..
I’d have Elliott in my team over rfm everyday of the week mate.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d have Elliott in my team over rfm everyday of the week mate.
That's your your opinion.. but you can't tell me Elliott has better attributes than rfm..

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's your your opinion.. but you can't tell me Elliott has better attributes than rfm..
It’s only my opinion, but I just think Adam offers more value to the team.

Both have way too many errors for my liking

But I think Elliot has a better attitude.