Opinion Nick Meaney

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Outstanding tonight, just imagine he had size on him, he would be even better, hopefully he can bulk up a bit
I still think he is a better fullback than DWZ in time, all he is missing is some size... in saying that though I'm happy for Nick to try emulate Addo-Carrs game

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I believe if he can put on 10-15kg max of muscle with his current body

Height: 1.87 m
Weight: 90 kg

he would have the same build/height as the Eels Sivo and I'd love see that with his speed just charge at the line like he does lol, I always get worried when players start to man handle him but he should get stronger with the new training load and real world power training he is getting atm

Captain_Karisma

Waterboy
Reaction score
Has been absolutely brilliant last few mths and growing into his position

It’s a tough pill to swallow losing your favoured position but in this day and age players need to learn to adapt.

He has done extremely well

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question is will he make the starting side next season? Either way he is a solid depth player to have.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im eating humble pie. I didn't like the way he got rag dolled at the start of the year but he is growing into it every week and has been outstanding the last month or two. Pay was right again.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I believe if he can put on 10-15kg max of muscle with his current body

Height: 1.87 m
Weight: 90 kg

he would have the same build/height as the Eels Sivo and I'd love see that with his speed just charge at the line like he does lol, I always get worried when players start to man handle him but he should get stronger with the new training load and real world power training he is getting atm
Unfortunately thats not just not how it works, this is coming from a 1.87m / 85kg guy with a lot of that being muscle, Meaney isn't built like someone how could just put on 10kg of muscle and not lose speed and agility.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The question is will he make the starting side next season? Either way he is a solid depth player to have.
I am sure he will man. I doubt Pay would drop him considering his performances in the past few rounds.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A little bit of confidence in himself has done him the world of good. Probably doesn't hurt that he's not having to run at forwards as often. I'm glad Pay kept him in the side.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I actually thought he has gotten better since DWZ signing.He instantly started to run with more aggression and purpose just the same as DWZ .For that you have to praise his attitude as could of thrown in towel after being moved to wing.Good players make others better around them and this is perfect case in point .Full credit to the kid.

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Credit to the young fella. He has been great for us. Stick with him

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s been great the last month but I still don’t think he’s big enough to be consistent as an Nrl winger time Wil tell I guess

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I really do like the kid, especially now playing in a position his not use too especially in the nrl.
His actually bulked up some since he joined us could do with some more. Was his best game for us last night I thought wing would not suit him but he is improving. He still seems a bit hesitant in defence and attack sure that will improve. Just goes to show when you have patience and give it your all you can do it. Well done Meaney

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Turning into a top class winger with 5kg of muscle in the off season dont want him losing his speed he could be the top point scorer next year

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's a great kid and a good buy for our future. I'd be happy if he plays in the vein of Patten or Michael Gordon. Both solid

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What I like about him is that he's been very safe under the high ball this season, even when others are contesting against him.

Think he's found a permanent spot for us on the wing