Opinion Lewis

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
michael lichaa could also play welll in rubbish games but the season can be lost in first 10 rounds

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You should open up a law firm ..
Lewis makes a decision early to take the decoy runner, broncos don't hit the decoy and Lewis realises his mistake but has no time to react. Doesn't matter that there's contact, Lewis put himself in that position with his original read. Decoy done its job.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lewis makes a decision early to take the decoy runner, broncos don't hit the decoy and Lewis realises his mistake but has no time to react. Doesn't matter that there's contact, Lewis put himself in that position with his original read. Decoy done its job.
upload_2019-9-7_22-36-30.png

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gees its sad that people who know nothing about the rules of rugby league then use their bias against certain players to influence their judgment.It was not a defensive read by Lewis to initiate contact with the runner...Lewis's eyes are following the ball...he is looking to slide and the runner becomes a decoy and prevents Lewis from sliding by knocking him off his feet. The decoy by removing Lewis punctures the defensive line creating the space for the receiver to go through....with sliding defence the men outside Lewis are sliding to their outside man thinking Lewis can slide to cover HIS man. Trouble was he was prevented from sliding by contact intimated by the decoy. QED. This is as obvious an obstruction as you want. I see this generally called correctly as an obstruction every week. This was an error by the officials. It was not a try.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was all for Lewis at the start but am on the fence now he has 6 months to work on his attack and those passes.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems like he had a bit of second season syndrome. I still rate Cogger better in attack. But games are more often won through committed defence and he's got that aspect of his game well in hand. He's going to face some competition from Cogger and Wakeham over the next couple of years, so it's up to him to either improve or push for a different role in the team.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lewis committed, what is so fucking hard to understand? You can look at the rules as much as you want, still looking at it incorrectly.
if he committed why was he thrown to the ground like a ragdoll? You don't need to know the law of physics to know he was being gunned down by an attacking player with committed force and he braced himself...

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little bit of Shifty in that kick for Meaney.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where’s all the Lewis haters tonight??
Here i am..... hate is very strong word and quite often used poorly.
No good only playing a few good games. Where not playing semis are we.
The lewis and pay haters u refer too, dont actually hate them, something u morons have trouble processing.
We just dont like mediocracy.
The team and pay just got there pass mark from me. But finishing strongly in a season already lost, means very little to me.
This happened last year....whoopdy doo dah.