Disappointed

Malla

Reaction score
I’m really proud of the way we ended the year but still feel a sense of disappointment.

The Storm, Raiders and Cowboys games spring to mind as games we could have easily won and put us in the 8. I don’t know what it was that shifted our season around but I feel like the whole team bought into what Pay wanted us to do hence the winning.

I’m moreso a tad disappointed we aren’t in the finals because I truly believe that this team could have made it deep into September.

I just hope we don’t lose the identity of this side. Who ever we bring next year needs to fit into the culture. If that means losing out on players like Ramien and Mitchell then so be it. Onwards and upwards from here

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It doesn't work like that, but I understand what you mean. We did have some disappointing losses. When you're finally favourites to win a game against the Cowboys and lose it's very frustrating. That's the next thing we have to overcome.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm happy that other teams are respecting us as a tough gritty team and not pushovers. Typical of the Bulldogs of old..

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Nothing to be disappointed about. Young team with hardly any experience punched well above their weight all season long. Will be better for the run and come back better next year, and even better the season after.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not disappointed, it is what it is. We didn't deserve it but Im proud of the effort weve shown the back half of the season. Id be prouder earning making the 8 then scraping it in like the fucking Bronco's. Heres to next season, hopefully we come out firing.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m really proud of the way we ended the year but still feel a sense of disappointment.

The Storm, Raiders and Cowboys games spring to mind as games we could have easily won and put us in the 8. I don’t know what it was that shifted our season around but I feel like the whole team bought into what Pay wanted us to do hence the winning.

I’m moreso a tad disappointed we aren’t in the finals because I truly believe that this team could have made it deep into September.

I just hope we don’t lose the identity of this side. Who ever we bring next year needs to fit into the culture. If that means losing out on players like Ramien and Mitchell then so be it. Onwards and upwards from here

I wouldn't cry over spilt milk. We have resurrected our Bulldog spirit and our desire to win for our club and all who belongs and supports it. Like you, I'm very proud of the way we have finished the season and look forward to next year. Take a bow - Bulldogs and take a bow to our supporters who hung in during a difficult year.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't work like that, but I understand what you mean. We did have some disappointing losses. When you're finally favourites to win a game against the Cowboys and lose it's very frustrating. That's the next thing we have to overcome.
We need to bring in a few players on overs to overcome those lapses in games

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm also alittle disappointed as there were games we could've won that were tight then on the other hand there were games we shouldn't have lost either

Hopefully we recruit well and things continue to develop for us

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The heat seemed to zap us in Townsville last week. Shouldn’t have come down to that anyway to even be a mathematical shot for the 8. The Manly game also comes to mind - we should’ve won that. Anyways, onwards and upwards - a positive finish, some more experience for the young fellas and hopefully the momentum can continue into 2020 and not start half way into the season.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I take consolation from the fact that we finished up beating some teams that are bound for the finals. Bit annoying to know that a few games were lost on the back of refereeing decisions. I know we're not the only team that lost due to refereeing, but it still doesn't sit well with me.

Our backline and spine are far better for the experience they've gained. And we've narrowed down a roster laden heavily with forwards that hadn't improved a lot with plenty of chances.

With a bit of luck we'll pick up a couple more quality signings when other clubs do roster clean ups over the offseason. But we have a number of youngsters who should be closer to stepping up if needed as well as some good prospects who are hopefully going to promote competition in the lower grades.

Overall I was hoping to see 4-5 players stake claims for NRL games in the future. Meaney, Cogger, Wakeham, Ogden, JMK, Too'omaga and Lewis have all done that. Even Okunbor and Montoya have shown glimpses of talent. Hopefully by the end of next season we'll have a clear picture of the positions that need big money signings and where we can just chase promising depth.

It took a long while to see some light at the end of the tunnel, but the way we finished up should give even the worst naysayers some hope.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not disappointed at all, if anything im sort of glad we didnt make it after our whole seasons effort and not just last 7 weeks...
If we made it, i believe we would have over achieved and got the club into a false sense of security going into next season.
By going so close and not making it, it should rev the boys up next year to go that 1 step further especially if we can shore up our squad with some decent players in the off season.
Having this young team play consistent footy over 25 rounds will be a massive challenge .

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Plenty of games we shouldn’t of won also
Put shoe on the other foot
Very proud of the boys, very young inexperienced squad

Malla

Reaction score
The heat seemed to zap us in Townsville last week. Shouldn’t have come down to that anyway to even be a mathematical shot for the 8. The Manly game also comes to mind - we should’ve won that. Anyways, onwards and upwards - a positive finish, some more experience for the young fellas and hopefully the momentum can continue into 2020 and not start half way into the season.
Yes forgot that Manly game. There were just a handful of games I thought we should have won and could have been there.
Hindsight is a beautiful thing. I hope the boys learn from this year and continue to play the same way next year and onwards.

Malla

Reaction score
Not disappointed at all, if anything im sort of glad we didnt make it after our whole seasons effort and not just last 7 weeks...
If we made it, i believe we would have over achieved and got the club into a false sense of security going into next season.
By going so close and not making it, it should rev the boys up next year to go that 1 step further especially if we can shore up our squad with some decent players in the off season.
Having this young team play consistent footy over 25 rounds will be a massive challenge .
Yeah that’s a fair point

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Like getting the woman’s panties off and realising it’s a mannequin

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
we need to start bribing referees to judge the games fairly, its not illegal