• Broncos 13 +

Votes: 17 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to admit, that was probably the best coached game all year.

There were some specific tactics involved in tonight. Something that a coach drills in training. I hope he comes good, but I still doubt it.

We will revisit this topic come June next year.
As far as I'm concerned Dean Pay has worked with what he had available, and has produced a pretty good and competitive outfit. The results can't be dismissed.
Well done coach and team.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some good touches from Lewis tonight and mostly good defence as usual (could've done better in Milfords try). He showed nice vision in Meaney's first try and had a decent kicking game too. But there were still times in the game where his passing was basically cringe-worthy. I can't work out how someone who always looks so composed, lacks composure when choosing the right option.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Some good touches from Lewis tonight and mostly good defence as usual (could've done better in Milfords try). He showed nice vision in Meaney's first try and had a decent kicking game too. But there were still times in the game where his passing was basically cringe-worthy. I can't work out how someone who always looks so composed, lacks composure when choosing the right option.
He's just poorly skilled. He competes and so many people lap that shit up.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that’s another season gone,my last trip out to the stadium
A big shout out to our passionate supporters who again turned up in good numbers and sat there in freezing conditions cheering on the team.
Everybody stayed until the final whistle which was outstanding,the mood in the Kennel was so positive and upbeat
We are definitely the most dedicated bunch around.
I hope things are on the up for the sake of the faithful who fork out money year in year out.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great effort without dwz. The last 15 of first half was not good, and I thought, 'oh well, here we go again'. But happily, they proved me wrong and for for the first time in quite a while, they powered on in the 2nd half. Sure, Broncos were a bit out of sorts, but fuck it, we had something to do with that. Quite frankly, it was a bit of an old school belting. Broncos now limping into the finals.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone see okunbor run with smith when he ran away for that disallowed try. He wasn’t even trying as hard as smith to sprint but was easily keeping up with him. If you missed it check out the highlights. I reckon okunbor is actually faster than reimis smith. What do you guys think?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol it was clearly a defensive decision. Lewis ran out and ran towards the attacker, the decoy fooled him and that's the entire point.
Hec if a dogs forward did the same the Broncos dude it. We would have been penalised for obstruction instantly.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have to agree with the video ref on that one. Lewis clearly went for the decoy runner.... you can see him shift towards the runner...
Dude, if it was the other way round, it would have been an instant penalty.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hec if a dogs forward did the same the Broncos dude it. We would have been penalised for obstruction instantly.
We literally scored off and illegal play this game.. Hoppa ran behind CHN for Meaneys try.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We literally scored off and illegal play this game.. Hoppa ran behind CHN for Meaneys try.
Yeah but chn ran thru the line and didn’t obstruct defenders
Used to be automatctic no try
But now they use there brains and realise with hoppa catching ball etc it doesn’t impede defenders
Been like this for a while

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah but chn ran thru the line and didn’t obstruct defenders
Used to be automatctic no try
But now they use there brains and realise with hoppa catching ball etc it doesn’t impede defenders
Been like this for a while
They still rule on it, Bunker just didn't check it for whatever reason.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some players just need time to mould their game... Really all the kid needs to do is get those stupid moments of his game like just holding the ball when nothing is on instead of throwing it away.

Mate said it last night and anybody who doesn't agree is off their head, his vision and ability to pull a rabbit out of a hat based on leaving structure and playing what's in front of him is Thurston like.... The kid definitely deserves all the time he can get.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Makes up for all three of their tries that came off the back of bullshit calls. It was a dead set illegal play, would not have made a difference where Hoppa caught it and what CHN did as Meaney was always going to be untouched in the corner though. Fcuk em All!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's just poorly skilled. He competes and so many people lap that shit up.
His poorly skilled....lol Kids not Joey Johns Braaaaaahhh.

And what's the point of being Ash Taylor if you don't have the balls to compete.?

As far as I'm concerned his footy is well rounded, needs work but very well rounded for this footy team.

Last edited:

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reggie’s today Televised on GEM at 1.00pm against St George
Good luck to the boys.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
what happened to JMK? did he get injured?