Great ending to the year

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been a harsh critic at times during the year but it's been a very good end to the year, much better than last year.

Are we going to be a top 4 team next year, probably not but top 8 is within reach. You only need to win half your games to be there.

For the moment enough with the negative threads about how shit next year will be, let's hope the boys have a great off season, come back fit and firing and there's an addition or two to the squad.

Well done to all those who made their debuts for us and hopefully they're better for it next year.

Go Dogs!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t believe the season is over for us already, but the last couple of months or so I have been nothing but proud to be a dog and for me to think I would be saying that earlier this year is a true testament to pay and the playing group.

Well done to all players tonight they stood up and gave it again to a top 8 team. I now have some confidence next year that it will be the beginning of our rise back to the top.

Go you almighty doggies

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Happy to finish the season with that game...still filthy that To'omaga didn't get another run in the end with an interchange in hand lol.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m happy that we cleared the bottom 4 in the table. Lots of experts would’nt have predicted that. Wish the season went on for another 4 games

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t believe the season is over for us already, but the last couple of months or so I have been nothing but proud to be a dog and for me to think I would be saying that earlier this year is a true testament to pay and the playing group.

Well done to all players tonight they stood up and gave it again to a top 8 team. I now have some confidence next year that it will be the beginning of our rise back to the top.

Go you almighty doggies
They gave it to ANOTHER top 8 team, and we gave it to that fucking idiot Jamie Sowed & all those other Dick heads who predicted we would finish Last, Well done my beloved Dogs. I'm very proud to be Bulldog, have a great off season boys see you next year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have to say, I love his runs and post-contact metres. He bends the line consistently.
Very good leg speed, footwork and offload. Really makes a difference to our side and gives us some proper punch through the middle and threatens the defence.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great win and great end to a tough season (always good to one up the father in law) i wish we started as well as we have been playing the last couple of months but it wasnt to be. Great building block into next season if we can get a good start top eight is more then achievable. Love this club

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The end to this year is different to previous years with bulk wins towards the end. Unlike previous years, we we're losing experience, with the likes of the Moz bros, Klem, Eastwood. This year we're losing a few players, but more deadwood. I heard a stat on fox saying the last time we held this many teams under 16 point in a row was in the 90s. With the likes of Stimson coming, and experience gained from young blokes, we'll be in good stead next year.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we played all.teams twice we would have made it
I’m happy that we cleared the bottom 4 in the table. Lots of experts would’nt have predicted that. Wish the season went on for another 4 games

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah really stoked we beat the Bronco's. For all the shit thats gone down this year you cant deny the team is trying there best and playing with heart. Some of the younger blokes have improved alot this year. JMK, Cogger, Meany. Dean has lifted our defense. The fact is we have improved the back half of the season. Thats all I care about. We continue to improve, buy a couple of players and who knows what will happen next year. Heres hoping to a big off season.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m so proud of the way the boys finished this year. This is the bulldogs I grew up supporting. I’ve not enjoyed watching us play as much as I have in the past 2-3 months in a very long time.
I honestly don’t think we need to be throwing around 1m contracts. A few quality players in some key positions to go with what we’ve built this year and we are a genuine threat. I’m thinking the main positions we need are another centre, hooker and maybe a front rower

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Knocked off four teams in the top eight along the way. Made some look ordinary. Finished two points out of the eight. Great finish to the year.

Captain Jack

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don’t post very often but I thought I’d share this thought...

I know it’s disappointing that we didn’t make the 8, but that finish to the year was amazing.

BUT. You know the Dogs are back and the fans know that other teams are fearing us again when the Bulldogs Chant went around the whole stadium in the last minute.... I hadn’t heard that for years and years. Gave me goosebumps!

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love it. We are going into next season not worrying about:
1) salary cap problems (in fact, we know that we have money to buy some players nor next year);
2) who the coach will be or whether the players have faith in deano;
3) whether our defence is capable and whether we can compete.
4) whether michael lichaa will be around.
5) speed and muscle (although can be better)
6) whether foran can prove his worth

Bring on the dogs in 2020

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More than happy with the doggies performances at the back end of the season. Progress aplenty. Despair at the halfway mark. But now they are competitive. Can look forward to 2020.