Reaction score
You watch....

"Bulldogs linked to Phil Gould"

Then at the 11th hour Phil joins the board at netball Australia

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
FFS Anderson recruiment & training was placed into liquidation.
The proof of debt was sent out to the creditors by the liquidator and closed on 9th July.
The liquidator advised "if any" distribution is made etc etc.
"If any" means close to zero cents in the dollar to the companies unsecured creditors.

Clubs NSW would have made Chris Anderson stand down anyway if there are unpaid creditors from the liquidation process.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I highly doubt Anderson stepped down voluntarily with no other factors coming into play. There's definitely more to this story.

Whatever the reason, Anderson did some good things but I also don't think he's been the saviour some have made him out to be.

We've finished 12th and 13th with the worst attack the last two seasons and aside from CHN and DWZ haven't signed anyone worth bragging about during that time.

We still have gaping holes in key positions and keep missing out on numerous targets. Let's not forget the panic Napa signing on a horrible long term deal.

So Opes did a decent job in clearing up the cap, I'm not slandering him at all but it's not the end of the world if we get more fresh blood on the board. Hopefully some people with serious business connections for TPA's.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I highly doubt Anderson stepped down voluntarily with no other factors coming into play. There's definitely more to this story.

Whatever the reason, Anderson did some good things but I also don't think he's been the saviour some have made him out to be.

We've finished 12th and 13th with the worst attack the last two seasons and aside from CHN and DWZ haven't signed anyone worth bragging about during that time.

We still have gaping holes in key positions and keep missing out on numerous targets. Let's not forget the panic Napa signing on a horrible long term deal.

So Opes did a decent job in clearing up the cap, I'm not slandering him at all but it's not the end of the world of we get more fresh blood on the board. Hopefully some people with serious business connections for TPA's.
Agree. Opes has his well known reputation of getting involved in every facet of running the club (Farrar). A good thing in many ways but also has a down side to it.

Anderson also probably had it pointed out to him that he would be a liability due to his business failure, that any new ticket for the elections would use against him.

Price wouldn't be wanting stale ideas carrying over to his new job or any interference from a leader now seen as a dead man walking.There has been bad blood from all these non-signings and procrastinating about who, and what is needed to turn the club around and support for Pay's selections and communication skills.

Once the key building blocks of getting the junior pathways re-establised, and partnerships with country areas sewn up, then I guess the scrutiny of signings and first grade success becomes the issue to capture our full attention.

The recent full on constant media hoopla highlighting the club not signing any players in the key areas, where we are critically lacking, publicly says big fat failure and not instilling any confidence in the current Board. I guess someone had to go for a re-set of the agenda and Anderson is it as the obvious choice.

He did his difficult job up till this point so we owe a debt of gratitude.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Directly related to ability to remain a director, but there is no law preventing his employment in some capacity..

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
First and foremost...I truly hope his exit is not health related !!!
But seriously some people on here needs to wake up, they thinks he is the MESSIAH,
The same people who still think it was fine for him to dump us when the grass was greener on the side of the fence
Tell me, What do you make of the fact that People at the club revealing to sponsors the plans to replace Pay with Ben Anderson, sending Pay nuts they decided to extend his contract by a year, shortly after.
What Could his exit reason be
CONTROL FREAK he is, This vibe has been filtering through for a while now,
Has it started to go down badly with everyone else involved ?
His business failure...Is it the case of (( Jump before get Pushed )) by clubs NSW.
In any case...
Us supporters are the loyal ones who fork out our hard earned supporting our club and team !!!
Everyone else involved at the our club are PAID (( with our money )) by our club to do a job !!!
Ultimately I am supporting my club and team not individuals and without agendas...ARE YOU ?

Malla

Reaction score
Good on him. Did his job and moved on at the right time. Hopefully Price can be successful in his new position

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was bad governance having a husband and wife on the board.

Let's hope Lynn can be a matriacle figure that can bring some talented people with real business acclaime together to drive the club forward.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Someone raised that you can't run for the board if you have been a director of a business that has been wound-up, the situation is a little different to winding up and restarting business in general.
That’s not true.
I posted the clubs NSW by laws on here when this myth first started.
Nowhere in them does it say that a director of a failed business can’t be on a board.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could the lurker be referring to Anderson
Sad situation if him

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...cgregor-contract/12dqnf3hhkp6s1udsbpibfe0yo/4

Which former international and premiership-winning coach lost a fortune recently after his company was embezzled by a crooked manager?

The ex-Kangaroo star ran a successful hire labour company but when he was asked to help out at his former club, he hired the manager to run the business.

Unknown to the former star, the unscrupulous manager started skimming money out of the company - and ended up taking so much that the firm recently went belly up.

I won’t name the ex-star because he was not at fault and has been left embarrassed by the situation, but he is a big name in league circles.

Banned
Reaction score
What are the business interests? Didn't the company he was a director of wind up recently.

There's still a hell of alot of work to be done, I think there's more to this story that what's mentioned.

I hope the new board members are high calibre people who can draw in sponsors and the like, by all accounts Kia is gone next year and we need someone capable of finding a replacement plus third party deals etc.
Pretty much word for word what I was planning to post.