Official Chris Anderson to stand down effective immediately

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
CHRIS ANDERSON TO STEP DOWN FROM THE BULLDOGS BOARD TO FOCUS ON BUSINESS INTERESTS
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Football Club Board Member, Chris Anderson has decided to step down from his position with immediate effect to focus on his business interests.

Anderson has been a member of the current Board since February 2018, following on from a distinguished playing and coaching career in the game.

In citing his reasons for stepping down, Anderson felt that the club was currently in a really good place and one that allowed him to make this decision with confidence:

“I just feel as though the time is now right for me to step down from the Board and focus all my energies on my business. With the appointment of Steve Price, working in conjunction with Andrew Hill and Dean Pay, I feel as though the club is in a great place regarding both football experience and senior leadership. We have made some important changes that will support the coach and the team to get us back to where the Bulldogs belong.”

Anderson will step down having been the Chair of a Football Committee that has overseen in the past 18 months:

- A successful salary cap review resulting in the club being able to secure players of the calibre of Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Joe Stimson and Dean Britt
- The development of a Strategic Plan aimed at returning the Bulldogs to being a flagship club in the NRL
- The securing of a strategic agreement with Country Rugby League to form a partnership with the Mid North Coast and Greater Northern Region aimed at providing development opportunities and resources in those areas
- The internal re-structure of the Bulldogs Football Department, including the appointment of several key personnel

Deputy Chairman John Ballesty paid tribute to Anderson’s input at the club:

"Chris has brought tremendous knowledge and football nous to our Board discussions and has been a vital part of the transition the Board went through since taking over. He has played an enormously valuable role in the re-building of this football club. He has now chosen to stand down to focus on other interests and we respect that.”

“The Board has chosen to respect Members feedback and not replace either Steve Price or Chris Anderson in the lead-in to the next elections which are only five months away. We will allow our members to voice their opinion on the people to step in at that time.”

“What we know is that since the announcement of Steve Price stepping down, we have had several enquiries from interested parties in regard to joining the Board. We are thrilled that such high calibre candidates want to be a part of what we are building here in regards to the future of the club. While this year has not been easy, it will prove to be vital in laying a foundation to help achieve success in the future. Our players and coaching staff have shown true character and the traditional Bulldogs spirit to fight back from a slow start this season and with the guidance of an outstanding off-field leadership team, we are extremely excited about creating the next chapter in this proud club’s history.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Elections are going to be very interesting now! There will be three spots up for grabs. Anything could happen now!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Massive news

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So Turvey was staying on till the election wasn’t he? So that leaves us with two spots to fill ASAP. Would love a couple of big hitters from the big end of town to get on there.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think his done his job, got us moving forward again
Very rare for someone to do this tho, usually hang around past used by date for cash
Credit to him
Yeah, amazing to think how many people said the Andersons were only there to line their pockets....

Last edited:

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So Turvey was staying on till the election wasn’t he? So that leaves us with two spots to fill ASAP. Would love a couple of big hitters from the big end of town to get on there.
“Big Hitter” = Baseball Furies - match made in heaven - thanks for the advocacy...

I’ll do my best mate...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did what he had to and moving on, allgood ..!!

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Where are all the Anderson just wants to collect money and get his son to be head coach dickheads now? He has pulled us out of the crap cap wise , we should all be grateful.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If only Mark Bouris never jumped ship to the Chooks all those years ago we could have had a good one there! He was a big Bulldogs fan growing up before dropping interest during Super League. James Packer got in his ear and got him on the Roosters board and that was the end of that.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What are the business interests? Didn't the company he was a director of wind up recently.

There's still a hell of alot of work to be done, I think there's more to this story that what's mentioned.

I hope the new board members are high calibre people who can draw in sponsors and the like, by all accounts Kia is gone next year and we need someone capable of finding a replacement plus third party deals etc.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought the club was going in the right direction under him. It's gonna take someone with on-field and off-field footy success to come in and fill his position for me to remain confident.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think his done his job, got us moving forward again
Very rare for someone to do this tho, usually hang around past used by date for cash
Credit to him
Lol..trust me, if he could stay on he would, he had to stand down, he had no other option. I said weeks ago on another thread that he was going to find it hard to stay on

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If only Mark Bouris never jumped ship to the Chooks all those years ago we could have had a good one there! He was a big Bulldogs fan growing up before dropping interest during Super League. James Packer got in his ear and got him on the Roosters board and that was the end of that.
Yep, He also grew up in the Canterbury area .

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol..trust me, if he could stay on he would, he had to stand down, he had no other option. I said weeks ago on another thread that he was going to find it hard to stay on
So what’s the real reason?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whatever the reasons are, from the outside the club is making the right noises and saying the right things.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus on board?
Whatever the reason it appears he did a great job speeding up the salary cap mess cleanup!