No Source Russell packer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Jennings, Packer, Levi, Luke, Josh Reynolds... Does the club think its 2011 or something?

Why would they sign Packer for any amount considering the positive signs Ogden, To'omaga and RFM have shown as props? All are better than Packer and would cost a fraction of what he would, even with half his salary paid by the Tigers.

I hope these rumours are all complete bullshit. If not, things are more concerning than even the most pessimistic fan thought...
It would appear that Pay doesn't rate any of them. Even when Ogden was the only one bending the line he dropped him and hasn't really been seen since....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jennings, Packer, Levi, Luke, Josh Reynolds... Does the club think its 2011 or something?

Why would they sign Packer for any amount considering the positive signs Ogden, To'omaga and RFM have shown as props? All are better than Packer and would cost a fraction of what he would, even with half his salary paid by the Tigers.

I hope these rumours are all complete bullshit. If not, things are more concerning than even the most pessimistic fan thought...
8. Tolman
10. Napa
13. Jackson/Stimson/Elliott

14. To'omaga
15. RFM
16. Stimson/Elliott

18. Ogden
19. Sue
20. Britt

That's what we have with NRL experience for the time being, Kalache will also have another pre season under him with a few for the Flegg boys being promoted to reserves. Pay probably doesn't like a few options though..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It would appear that Pay doesn't rate any of them. Even when Ogden was the only one bending the line he dropped him and hasn't really been seen since....
And then they'll get frustrated and all leave and flourish elsewhere. Just exactly what's happened for the last decade plus.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ogden was topping the metres per carry for us, good post contact and had one of the quicker play the ball speeds. He was also a genuine threat too the defensive line. He got smashed for his defence even though plenty of others in the team were no better or infact worse.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
8. Tolman
10. Napa
13. Jackson/Stimson/Elliott

14. To'omaga
15. RFM
16. Stimson/Elliott

18. Ogden
19. Sue
20. Britt

That's what we have with NRL experience for the time being, Kalache will also have another pre season under him with a few for the Flegg boys being promoted to reserves. Pay probably doesn't like a few options though..
That's enough to get us by til 2021. Signing Packer or Ese Ese when they're not even better than our young bench props would just waste cap space, stifle their development and mean that we'll lose another good batch of promising young forwards that plenty of other clubs would be keen to snap up in an instant.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are in talks with packer... our offer is for tigers to pay 50% of his contract... tigers aren’t accepting it.. he’s on roughly 800k, so if it’s agreed we get him for close to 400k. Much better option then ese ese..

I do know saints want him back too, they’re also in discussions, there a much smaller club so they might cave to the tigers demands..

Madge wants him gone at all costs but tigers board aren’t really helping him out at the moment
Well well well here we go again.. What will your excuse be this time? Blowy!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Saw this guy in Leichhardt the other day... Legs are skinny as fck!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Ogden was topping the metres per carry for us, good post contact and had one of the quicker play the ball speeds. He was also a genuine threat too the defensive line. He got smashed for his defence even though plenty of others in the team were no better or infact worse.
Yep I had Ogden easily over Napa mid season. Napa is the dud player moving forward and I would be shopping him around this off season. Obviously that won't happen but he certainly isn't or deserves to be the run on prop.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's enough to get us by til 2021. Signing Packer or Ese Ese when they're not even better than our young bench props would just waste cap space, stifle their development and mean that we'll lose another good batch of promising young forwards that plenty of other clubs would be keen to snap up in an instant.
We have plenty!! Rather just re-sign Fualalo and have him and Ogden as backups.

The only forward we should buy is TOP SHELF PROP FARK!! Go enquire about Ryan James or test the dragons for Paul Vaughan.... plenty out there and we are fishing in muddy waters fark me this is annoying.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hahahah this is up there with the stupidity of Radradra's $800k offer

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Packer for 400k is worse then Radradra for 1m (even if there was no other competition for Radradra).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You just have to look at RFM and To'omaga, those two through the middle have the potential to be crucial for us moving forward. Footwork, speed, strength, offloads...everything we need.

Last week they played a combined 50 odd minutes and ran over a combined 200m with two of the quickest play the ball speeds. Need to get more minutes out of them with the idea of potentially pushing them into the starting side.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep I had Ogden easily over Napa mid season. Napa is the dud player moving forward and I would be shopping him around this off season. Obviously that won't happen but he certainly isn't or deserves to be the run on prop.
Napa is just a pillow. Will play consistently average with undisciplined defence with the odd strong game here and there. Needs to drop some weight imo, would make him better player.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We are in talks with packer... our offer is for tigers to pay 50% of his contract... tigers aren’t accepting it.. he’s on roughly 800k, so if it’s agreed we get him for close to 400k. Much better option then ese ese..

I do know saints want him back too, they’re also in discussions, there a much smaller club so they might cave to the tigers demands..

Madge wants him gone at all costs but tigers board aren’t really helping him out at the moment
I hope it doesn’t happen he has played eff all first grade the last 2 years and it’s debatable that he’s better then Ese Ese who is much younger and as prop could still improve. From what I understand Packer is happy to stay in Reggie’s cause of the money he’s on so it says a bit about his motivation. Him coming to us would mean potentially less game time for RT or RFM and I’m not sure why a coach would do that the way they are playing now.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hope it doesn’t happen he has played eff all first grade the last 2 years and it’s debatable that he’s better then Ese Ese who is much younger and as prop could still improve. From what I understand Packer is happy to stay in Reggie’s cause of the money he’s on so it says a bit about his motivation. Him coming to us would mean potentially less game time for RT or RFM and I’m not sure why a coach would do that the way they are playing now.
He'd be playing reserve grade for us too. We signed CHN and he was playing reserve grade. Unless Packer shows something from reserve grade he won't come into our 17, so it's just a waste of money/salary cap.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s got a right to dig his heels in, he went there to be coached by cleary... got offered big money to come only for a year later to be told to be look somewhere else after he done what the current coach has asked him to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.