Players being released at seasons end

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Renouf Toomanga is better then Fualolo already imo

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't seen enough of Kalache but Fualalo must go. He's had enough time and only improved marginally. He's never gonna start and we only need forwards on the bench who can make an impact.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Renouf Toomanga is better then Fualolo already imo
I think Fualalo's a good option for the bench or at least just to cover if there are injuries (squad player?). I'd want us to have Toomaga and RFM on the bench before him tho.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be honest..... it will be sad to see Danny go because he has been around for ages and had his health battles over the years. But with stimpson coming, Ogden waiting in the wings and tooamanga stepping up this season, he will just be a bench player.

Unless there are injuries doubt he will get more then 20-30 mins a game. And we have a few players that can fill that role. Hopefully he does get picked up, but with smith, Ogden, rfm, tooamanga. They are all more or less like for like players. Finding mins for stimpson and Elliot and the rest.

No one off contract is really vital moving forward (they wouldn’t still be off contract if they were).

Happy to see Lichaa finally depart. I stuck by him and defended him for so long but he really isn’t first grade standards at the club.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why? He wasn’t even starting hooker at the Knights reserve grade for a lot of the year. If he couldn’t get a NRL with the rubbish hookers Newcastle has there’s not much point taking him back.
I'd rather him than lichaa as a back up.i watched him a fair bit in new cup over the last few years and he's not that bad a player.
Had a blinder in the gf last year

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I think Fualalo's a good option for the bench or at least just to cover if there are injuries (squad player?). I'd want us to have Toomaga and RFM on the bench before him tho.
Fualalo would be great for depth.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not fussed on any really, but we still need to have a top 30 so i'm sure Faulolo and/or Kalache might get a nod??

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't mind if Fualalo isn't re-signed. He was a good prospect 3 or 4 seasons ago, but since then hasn't shown enough. His spot in the squad needs to go to a younger forward who hopefully WILL step it up in next 2 or 3 seasons. Danny is a strong player, but for his size and strength he doesn't deliver enough in his hitups or defense, he plays short minutes, has no offload to speak of, and lacks game awareness. Really needed to see more from him this season.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
See, you totally agree with me!

He takes a hit up and that is it.

Doesnt have an offload, doesnt have a step, is absolutely shit in defence, small engine and last but not least, has a fucken putrid sense of hairstylze
Sounds like all of the other islander jizz train players we have here

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
If Fualalo goes Chris Smith and Elliot should go as they are far worse than Fualalo