Movie Discussion

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't watch most modern movies for this reason.

What about that new predator movie?

The lead scientist is a black guy with a weave.
Yeah cause all the worlds top scientists are originally from the hood! Lol
Didn’t you know if it wasn’t for the oppression of the white man, every black person in the hood would show their true potential and become the smartest people in the world?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Joker movie is getting extremely good reviews with one exception. For example, Total Film, Empire, IGN and The Guardian all gave it 10/10. Time Magazine gave it 2/10.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Probs coz JP is a shit actor.
Oddly enough, even Time Magazine praised his acting.

They gave it a bad review because they thought the movie praised his bad deeds too much, and they thought this may encourage more violence in the world.

This is why no one takes Time magazine seriously. They review movies based on how it affects their own view of the world rather than the content of the movie itself.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oddly enough, even Time Magazine praised his acting.

They gave it a bad review because they thought the movie praised his bad deeds too much, and they thought this may encourage more violence in the world.

This is why no one takes Time magazine seriously. They review movies based on how it affects their own view of the world rather than the content of the movie itself.
Lol “affects their view of the world rather than the content of the movie itself”
That definitely sounds like polygon, rotten tomatoes, ign (they had a male review content finally), guardian way of life culture thingy. Does Robert de niro
Have a meltdown over trump in the movie? Lol

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Joker movie is getting extremely good reviews with one exception. For example, Total Film, Empire, IGN and The Guardian all gave it 10/10. Time Magazine gave it 2/10.
Ehh, I gave up reading reviews a long time ago (besides from imbd user reviews which are purely for a laugh)

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Saw Hobbs and Shaw last night. Of course there was a female back ops person of gender smashing everyone lol.
Anyways, the actual movie got pretty boring especially with the rock white knighting a lot of the time lol. His daughter was pissing me off, the whole family thing was annoying as shit, the culturally correct pronounciation of Samoa was cringey, having Samoa in it was just not needed and like only there for the rock to represent his people lol. Statham was just being statham although to me seemed tired and they’ve killed the brutality of statham. CGI was bad in a lot of scenes. Had they kept the forced family crap out of it especially Samoa and left it action and adventure would have been much better. I don’t care about the rocks native language or his gods he calls upon lol. I mean the best part was when the villains controlled the media to produce fake news it was shown on a huge screen with cnn lol it was probably the most factual part of the
Movie but that still couldn’t save it.
To me it was a 6/10 it came down to too much family crap killing the whole mood.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

Legendary assassin John Wick (Keanu Reeves) retired from his violent career after marrying the love of his life. Her sudden death leaves John in deep mourning. When sadistic mobster Iosef Tarasov (Alfie Allen) and his thugs steal John's prized car and kill the puppy that was a last gift from his wife, John unleashes the remorseless killing machine within and seeks vengeance. Meanwhile, Iosef's father (Michael Nyqvist) -- John's former colleague -- puts a huge bounty on John's head.

A return to form for wooden man keanu (I love the guy but let's face it he only does one thing well and that's action)

Anyone else in the tole I wouldn't bother, but keanu is made for these types of stylish brainless flicks

Here he delivers in spades. Cartoonist villains, great choreography, and non stop killing plus a great support cast from lance reddick and Ian mcshane make this one of the few escapist action franchises I enjoy.

4/5

images.jpeg

Retired super-assassin John Wick's plans to resume a quiet civilian life are cut short when Italian gangster Santino D'Antonio shows up on his doorstep with a gold marker, compelling him to repay past favours. Ordered by Winston, the kingpin of secret assassin society The Continental, to respect the organisation's ancient code, Wick reluctantly accepts the assignment to travel to Rome to take out D'Antonio's sister, the ruthless capo atop the Italian Camorra crime syndicate.

Has less of a plot than its predecessor, but who cares. Better sequences and a bigger budget, everyone seems to fear John Wick but it doesn't stop them from making ridiculous choices to get to the killing and signature headshots. Still enjoyable though, plus the addition of laurence Fishburn is always great to see

4/5

images (1).jpeg

After gunning down a member of the High Table -- the shadowy international assassin's guild -- legendary hit man John Wick finds himself stripped of the organization's protective services. Now stuck with a $14 million bounty on his head, Wick must fight his way through the streets of New York as he becomes the target of the world's most ruthless killers.

Outstanding fight scenes and inventive killings that up the ante in every way, felt like I was watching an ultra violent video game on speed mode. Some unbelievabley bad dialogue that left me in stitches, but these films aren't known for good writing, or plot setting it's all about the brutal killings, and watching Wick get smashed through glass walls, run over by cars, shot, stabbed, and falls off off buildings and yet comes back stronger than ever, just proves you just can't keep a good super assassin down.

3.5/5

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
View attachment 11221
Legendary assassin John Wick (Keanu Reeves) retired from his violent career after marrying the love of his life. Her sudden death leaves John in deep mourning. When sadistic mobster Iosef Tarasov (Alfie Allen) and his thugs steal John's prized car and kill the puppy that was a last gift from his wife, John unleashes the remorseless killing machine within and seeks vengeance. Meanwhile, Iosef's father (Michael Nyqvist) -- John's former colleague -- puts a huge bounty on John's head.

A return to form for wooden man keanu (I love the guy but let's face it he only does one thing well and that's action)

Anyone else in the tole I wouldn't bother, but keanu is made for these types of stylish brainless flicks

Here he delivers in spades. Cartoonist villains, great choreography, and non stop killing plus a great support cast from lance reddick and Ian mcshane make this one of the few escapist action franchises I enjoy.

4/5

View attachment 11222
Retired super-assassin John Wick's plans to resume a quiet civilian life are cut short when Italian gangster Santino D'Antonio shows up on his doorstep with a gold marker, compelling him to repay past favours. Ordered by Winston, the kingpin of secret assassin society The Continental, to respect the organisation's ancient code, Wick reluctantly accepts the assignment to travel to Rome to take out D'Antonio's sister, the ruthless capo atop the Italian Camorra crime syndicate.

Has less of a plot than its predecessor, but who cares. Better sequences and a bigger budget, everyone seems to fear John Wick but it doesn't stop them from making ridiculous choices to get to the killing and signature headshots. Still enjoyable though, plus the addition of laurence Fishburn is always great to see

4/5

View attachment 11223

After gunning down a member of the High Table -- the shadowy international assassin's guild -- legendary hit man John Wick finds himself stripped of the organization's protective services. Now stuck with a $14 million bounty on his head, Wick must fight his way through the streets of New York as he becomes the target of the world's most ruthless killers.

Outstanding fight scenes and inventive killings that up the ante in every way, felt like I was watching an ultra violent video game on speed mode. Some unbelievabley bad dialogue that left me in stitches, but these films aren't known for good writing, or plot setting it's all about the brutal killings, and watching Wick get smashed through glass walls, run over by cars, shot, stabbed, and falls off off buildings and yet comes back stronger than ever, just proves you just can't keep a good super assassin down.

3.5/5
The first one was very good - I lost count of the amount of killings done around 100 lol. The movie series is great, and you can only imagine the amount of times they had to re-shoot certain sequences.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 11221

4/5

View attachment 11222

4/5

View attachment 11223

3.5/5
This is still the best John Wick movie

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
images.jpeg

With the help of his defense lawyer (Kelly Lynch), who is madly in love with him, psychotic killer Michael Bosworth (Mickey Rourke) escapes prison and goes on the run with his brother (Elias Koteas) and his partner in crime (David Morse). Killing time before his lawyer can meet up with them, the three invade the home of Tim (Anthony Hopkins) and Nora Cornell (Mimi Rogers), a bickering couple on the brink of divorce. Now the couple must fight to save their marriage, and their lives.

Where to start with this one. Directed by Michael cimino (of the outstanding deer hunter and underrated year of the dragon)
Comes this mess of a noir type movie that should have been left on the studio shelf. The acting is over the top and totally unbelievable, mickey rourke tries to work with the material he's given but due to the one dimensional character and poor writing the performance comes off as flat. Sir Anthony Hopkins delivers an over the top performance as well as an accent that changes from scene to scene, and seems to be trying to devour every moment he's on screen, I put that down to shitty direction as he's a hell of a lot better than that. This "review" is long enough, Ultimately this movie premise really could have worked if it was handled better.

1.5/5

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 11257

With the help of his defense lawyer (Kelly Lynch), who is madly in love with him, psychotic killer Michael Bosworth (Mickey Rourke) escapes prison and goes on the run with his brother (Elias Koteas) and his partner in crime (David Morse). Killing time before his lawyer can meet up with them, the three invade the home of Tim (Anthony Hopkins) and Nora Cornell (Mimi Rogers), a bickering couple on the brink of divorce. Now the couple must fight to save their marriage, and their lives.

Where to start with this one. Directed by Michael cimino (of the outstanding deer hunter and underrated year of the dragon)
Comes this mess of a noir type movie that should have been left on the studio shelf. The acting is over the top and totally unbelievable, mickey rourke tries to work with the material he's given but due to the one dimensional character and poor writing the performance comes off as flat. Sir Anthony Hopkins delivers an over the top performance as well as an accent that changes from scene to scene, and seems to be trying to devour every moment he's on screen, I put that down to shitty direction as he's a hell of a lot better than that. This "review" is long enough, Ultimately this movie premise really could have worked if it was handled better.

1.5/5
Mickey Rourke has done 3 good films:

9 1/2 Weeks
Sin City
The Wrestler

An honorable mention to Wild Orchid from my horny 13 year old self.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mickey Rourke has done 3 good films:

9 1/2 Weeks
Sin City
The Wrestler

An honorable mention to Wild Orchid from my horny 13 year old self.
Add

Angel heart
Year of the dragon
Johnny handsome
Spun
Once upon a time in mexico
The pledge
And 13

To the list and I agree with you

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
View attachment 11257

1.5/5
Glad you're back reviewing movies my brother. Shit I haven't watched a movie in a relatively long time because of all the shows I've been catching up on via Netflix lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Martin Lawrence is really getting into his Big Mama role. He sounds like he's trying to talk without swollowing his food

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Martin Lawrence is really getting into his Big Mama role. He sounds like he's trying to talk without swollowing his food

This has been "in development" for years, with numerous directors coming and going and a lot of script re-writes (plus will Smith apparently not wanting to do it)

Safe to assume this is gonna tank.

If that trailers anything to go by, I couldn't make it past the 50 second mark

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
MV5BMWFiNGJhN2UtNWY0My00ZWFlLTk2NzMtZTg5OTI5ZThjYWVhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI4MjA5MzA@._V1_.jpg southern comfort 1981- pre predator same sort of story line,awesome