Hooker rotation 2020

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I really hope they're not going after Reynolds or Levi. I'd settle for Isaac Luke for one year on a cheap deal.

What's frustrating is that for three or four years now, the club still can't sign a legit FG hooker to solve the problem long term.

The curse of Cook still haunts us.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I really hope they're not going after Reynolds or Levi. I'd settle for Isaac Luke for one year on a cheap deal.

What's frustrating is that for three or four years now, the club still can't sign a legit FG hooker to solve the problem long term.

The curse of Cook still haunts us.
Bingo

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep the Cook decision is one that will burn for a long time.

Cook!!!
How did we screw that one up?
That was a combination of the great talent judges Noel Cleall and Desmond Hasler...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yup Luke would be the best option, 1 year. Cheap deal with the option of a second year, based on performance and if he’s up to it..!!

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jake Friend?

With the rise and rise of Sam Verills, Friend could be the next one tapped on the shoulder.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jake Friend?

With the rise and rise of Sam Verills, Friend could be the next one tapped on the shoulder.
Provided he could stay on the park, and the Chooks kicked in, yup. Doubt he'd go for it though, he's got the Rorters golden egg retirement portfolio to look forward to...

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude seriously. If you are going to post this you better give details on how you heard it so everyone can assess the validity. Too many rumors going around.

With that said, I would definitely welcome back Josh Reynolds at this stage.

Why?

Because the top 30 definitely needs to have 2 hookers. Every team does this. One of them is JMK, the other will be Lichaa if we don't get anybody - as far as I am aware no one in CCup is worthy of promotion.

Reynolds will bring some attitude and experience and would be great marketing tool for the club officials.

Besides, West Tigers will pay a big chunk of his salary.
He still has the energy. He was running around everywhere last game. I would welcome him back at the right price as well. Way better utility than cogger

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds ain’t a hookers arsehole. I’d rather pepper pig at 9.
Looks like we might end up with Dani

Reactions: CCC

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The problem with Reynolds is we'd have to sign him for 2 seasons. Which either means we don't resign Foran and play Reynolds 6 in 2021 or we move on JMK (which I don't want to do) and keep using Reynolds as a Utility when we sign a proper Hooker. I think we need to sign a Hooker for 1 season. Segeyaro or Luke.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign BenJi Marshall would be good to see him player with his brother..we are the family club
The problem with Reynolds is we'd have to sign him for 2 seasons. Which either means we don't resign Foran and play Reynolds 6 in 2021 or we move on JMK (which I don't want to do) and keep using Reynolds as a Utility when we sign a proper Hooker. I think we need to sign a Hooker for 1 season. Segeyaro or Luke.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That was a combination of the great talent judges Noel Cleall and Desmond Hasler...
Actually it was Castle (or more likely Dib).
Cook wanted to stay but Soufs offered him $50k more which we were asked to meet and we wouldn’t, so he took the money and ran. Sigh.

Granted, Des probably still believed that Liccha was going to play Origin at the time...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I personally don’t want Reynolds back - despite his pedigree he’s 30 and broken and I wasn’t dark when he left the first time. There’s better shorter term solutions until a class signing can be made for 9.