Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Broncos 13 +

Votes: 17 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Perhaps Pay is using it as a trial. If Smith plays better in the centres, it could be a permanent switch.

Hopoate is still a better fullback than Meaney IMO.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meaneys proper position is wing now. At least it will be if he wants to stay at our club. So why would they play him at FB unless they had to, he needs more practice on the wing. Hopoate doesnt need centre practice.
Meaney at fullback and Hoppa at centre gives us the best chance of winning.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Preparing our players for their future roles is more important than winning a game that means nothing

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Clearly DWZ is our fullback moving forward. Meaney is trying to get as much experience as possible in the wing position so why would you move him for one game when we can’t make the finals? Every game on the wing is valuable experience for Nick that you can’t get at training
If DWZ improves his ball playing then yh, if not then I wouldn't be so quick to lock him in. Parts of his game are well suited to FB but ball playing is just so crucial, especially with our lack of genuine ball players throughout the spine as it is. Has a full offseason to work on it, maybe even send him to Melbourne to work with Johns it even Slater?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Perhaps Pay is using it as a trial. If Smith plays better in the centres, it could be a permanent switch.

Hopoate is still a better fullback than Meaney IMO.
Don't think Smith is a centre, much better suited to the wing but I have no problem giving him another run there.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If DWZ improves his ball playing then yh, if not then I wouldn't be so quick to lock him in. Parts of his game are well suited to FB but ball playing is just so crucial, especially with our lack of genuine ball players throughout the spine as it is. Has a full offseason to work on it, maybe even send him to Melbourne to work with Johns it even Slater?
I’m always happy to see our players improve their skill sets but he’s definitely our best option for now

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just woke up from a nightmare.

JMK tries to score from dummy half just short of the Broncos tryline, George Peponis style and was forced back in goal and the Dogs need to take a drop out.

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just woke up from a nightmare.

JMK tries to score from dummy half just short of the Broncos tryline, George Peponis style and was forced back in goal and the Dogs need to take a drop out.
You would hope the ref would call “held let him go”.

Smartseal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You guys have one job to finish the season, beat the donkeys

DogDayAfternoon

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm keen to see Harper debut. Too bad it happened in the last game. That backline has everyone playing out of position which doesn't make sense.

I would have loved for Wakeham to come in to the team and at the very least Cogger should start for Lewis.
Cogger on the bench again. ... his best game was last time he was on the field. 3 weeks now getting splinters in his butt... and looks like 4.
What’s he done wrong?

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't get enough of the place ehh?
View attachment 11248
I have cut down on my obsession and decided, one post each week and have stuck to that for last 3 weeks, but you have now made it 2 this week! Thanks for that.

Plus I missed your movie reviews, Assassins game day posts and the where is Mr I posts (I want to be around for his long awaited return, I have missed him) and Kaz I'm glad all went well.

Finally Wolfmother I didn't go to war unlike Australia will soon in the Persian Gulf as part of the coalition willing to suck USA ass, but I tried to go cold turkey on my Kennel obsession.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wholey fuck Pay made changes, not that good but he's going for broke, its going to win us the game or be a massive fail.
Lets finish the year with a bang after all that effort?

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This would be my backline for this week
1. Meaney
2. Holland
3. Lewis
4. Hopoate
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Cogger
Defence can be much better
Attack can be smoother with Cogger there
Lewis will be good as a makeshift centre to give fafitia and Haas a run for their money

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hoppa is dangerous close to the line at centre, whats the point of switcharoo in the last game?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I have cut down on my obsession and decided, one post each week and have stuck to that for last 3 weeks, but you have now made it 2 this week! Thanks for that.

Plus I missed your movie reviews, Assassins game day posts and the where is Mr I posts (I want to be around for his long awaited return, I have missed him) and Kaz I'm glad all went well.

Finally Wolfmother I didn't go to war unlike Australia will soon in the Persian Gulf as part of the coalition willing to suck USA ass, but I tried to go cold turkey on my Kennel obsession.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
broncos training today they working on attacking our left hand side, short pass short pass short pass, then katoni back on the inside