News Loyal Bulldog Jackson would love to be one-club man

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"I'd love to finish my career here. I love the club and I'd love to win a premiership with this club. That'd be the ideal situation, so we'll wait till the end of the season and sort it out then."

That says it all to me. Clubman..

Last edited:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just can't help but think that any player who wants to talk about it after the season ends is interested about what else is out there. As I've said before it's not like we are in the finals so the season ended months ago for us and it's not going to distract the team. Anyways, could be legit if he has no intentions of leaving but I guess time will reveal the truth.
100% spot on but it's a business at end of day and his last 3 or 4 yr contract. Hope he stays for the right price but am sure he will see what's out there. Loyalty is demonstrated at decision time.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100% spot on but it's a business at end of day and his last 3 or 4 yr contract. Hope he stays for the right price but am sure he will see what's out there. Loyalty is demonstrated at decision time.
I am a betting man and I will bet he stays for less than he might get elsewhere.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Will most likely be 4 years at 700k per year. Hopefully we can get him a premiership before he retires.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im in real estate and a very good closer and this sort of tells me how shit the club is at closing deals with players,if you had half a brain youd have him locked away before the season finishes in particular nov 1 leaving the door open for others to pounce and at best pay more is just amateur by our club

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
a lot of people on here really seem to not like Josh Jackson.

This guy is a terrific player, and don't take his defensive work for granted (like Tolman).

if our team were better, he would also be better (he won dally m last year, and state of origin the year before)

And let's not forget about him being captain, and a good one as well.
Don’t forget a lot of people on here are morons

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Im in real estate and a very good closer and this sort of tells me how shit the club is at closing deals with players,if you had half a brain youd have him locked away before the season finishes in particular nov 1 leaving the door open for others to pounce and at best pay more is just amateur by our club
I can understand waiting for the season to finish. If it isn't done before the end of the month i'd start worrying.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in 2 minds early-mid season but the game he had against the Eels and the way he confronted that coward thug Nathan Brown IN FRONT OF the ref put him, as far as I'm concerned, up there with Baa, Folkes, Peponis and Mortimer. You don't die wondering with Jacko. He means it when he says he'd take a bullet for you! The best Dogs skippers have always had their hearts on their sleeve and bled blue n white. Jacko is no exception

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will most likely be 4 years at 700k per year. Hopefully we can get him a premiership before he retires.
Glad your not ceo
Fcuk that 700k lol
That’s reserved for atleast origin players or stars of the future
If the dogs pay jacko anymore than 400-450 then it’s totally lost the plot
His best days are behind him

Ps
Napa is not on 700k ffs
He’s on 450k
Whoever tells u otherwise is full of shit

I’d keep jacko
Not for more than 450

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Glad your not ceo
Fcuk that 700k lol

Ps
Napa is not on 700k ffs
He’s on 450k

I’d keep jacko
Not for more than 450
Napa's on 650k.
After this post I literally have lost all integrity in what you say on these forums... (it was getting close without this anyways).
Jackson 450k... you're off your head.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Napa's on 650k.
After this post I literally have lost all integrity in what you say on these forums...
Your decision
Couldn’t care less
It was reported everywhere that the dogs saved min 150k from releasing klemmer and gaining Napa
Hence having some money still left for this year and mid year signings

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Your decision
Couldn’t care less
It was reported everywhere that the dogs saved min 150k from releasing klemmer and gaining Napa
Hence having some money still left for this year and mid year signings
KLEMMER'S ON 850K
NAPA'S ON 650K
Assuming we're not paying a part of Klemmer's contract, we're actually saving 200k. You have that right, but your figures are way way off.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Glad your not ceo
Fcuk that 700k lol

Ps
Napa is not on 700k ffs
He’s on 450k

I’d keep jacko
Not for more than 450
Yes cause offering your club captain a salary thats about 40% less than his current contract is smart business? Fucken lmao ive heard it all.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just can't help but think that any player who wants to talk about it after the season ends is interested about what else is out there. As I've said before it's not like we are in the finals so the season ended months ago for us and it's not going to distract the team. Anyways, could be legit if he has no intentions of leaving but I guess time will reveal the truth.
It's not like he's asked to wait til Nov 1st. I think what you say then applies in that case. Waiting til the end of the season is fair and I'm confident he actually means what he says in the article. Genuine bloke, even responded when I praised him for his performance against the Eels via Instagram. He's everything Klemmer isn't.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be frank I love jackson, heart, and soul for a long time but I believe he isn't gonna resign. His indicating that he wants to finish of his career with a Premiership and the way are retention is at the moment we'll forget about it not gonna happen anytime soon, it seems Joshua is just waiting till preseason to smoothen the news that his signed somewhere else. I hope not but what it sounds like.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
a lot of people on here really seem to not like Josh Jackson.

This guy is a terrific player, and don't take his defensive work for granted (like Tolman).

if our team were better, he would also be better (he won dally m last year, and state of origin the year before)

And let's not forget about him being captain, and a good one as well.
I don't think, a lot of people here, don't like Jacko( I hope not anyway), I love him to be one club man and stay here to retirement

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It's not like he's asked to wait til Nov 1st. I think what you say then applies in that case. Waiting til the end of the season is fair and I'm confident he actually means what he says in the article. Genuine bloke, even responded when I praised him for his performance against the Eels via Instagram. He's everything Klemmer isn't.
Yep totally get what your saying and agree he seems like a great bloke. That said, footy is a business and waiting until the end of season also is after Nov 1 which would be a non-alarming way of saying it. He may not leave and it's not so much loyalty as the clubs are no longer loyal themselves. This along with rumours of him going elsewhere combined with watching player after player after player leave clubs makes me more wise to expect the unexpected with stuff now. Remember up until Flemm left he was all, one club player, my donor cover was bulldogs etc etc. It's never going to happen until it does! We will see what he does and go from there.