SBW secret hand shake to play for bulldogs in 2020

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No way should we give him the chance to try and have some sort of farewell redemption story. He burned the bridges and then pissed on the ashes.

The SBW story is history for the Dogs, and it should stay there.

We need to look after our future.
I would still have him.his experience on the field would help take out young squad to another level.as long as he is fit and has the hunger still.
He will always be a bulldog.i know he walked out but so did mason,Hamono
And let’s not forget the dick head manager he had at the time.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I just can't see the sense in any player coming to the Bulldogs without receiving more $. I'd love to be wrong and I guess we have until next year to see what actually does happen.
Compare us to most clubs and I don’t see the difference.
Yes, we are based and train in an undesirable area but most players commute. We have great facilities, backed well financially, actually look after our players and their families. Some players also want to prove themselves, play their desired position etc.
Sorry but I do think you get carried away with the paying overs things mate

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So you don't want to hear the truth? Apparently 90% of people on these forums don't understand how recruitment works in the situation we're in :tearsofjoy:

"Put your money where your mouth is and fork out the extra 200-300k per player outta ya own purse", how is this relevant? I don't run the club. The club is going to have to do this tho (going into 2021). Unless you want the same squad? Not sure what you're after bro.

How about this. You tell me why players want to come to the Bulldogs if money isn't the only incentive. The more people that understand this and stop replying to me with bullshit, the less I'd post about it. To me, you're the annoying one.
Thank fuck you're not on the Canterbury board

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Compare us to most clubs and I don’t see the difference.
Yes, we are based and train in an undesirable area but most players commute. We have great facilities, backed well financially, actually look after our players and their families. Some players also want to prove themselves, play their desired position etc.
Sorry but I do think you get carried away with the paying overs things mate
In our current situation we're the last Sydney club a player would want to sign for, therefor unless the player we're after isn't being looked at by other clubs he isn't going to pick us over them. It's that simple. There have already been 3-4 examples of this. Everything you said would give us an advantage if we were on an even playing field with the other clubs, which currently we aren't. Every signing we make is going to come down to money at the end of the day. If you think I'm getting carried away, I think marquee players (Latrell and Fifita) could even reject bids from us in the 900k-1m region and we're going to be forced to by someone if you like it or not, we're not going to have the same team forever. Do you really think the signings we've made so far (besides DWZ - stars aligning situation, will explain if you have no clue) over the last 2 years are going to get us out of the bottom 4? We also overpaid for Napa, 650k...

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thank fuck you're not on the Canterbury board
You're clueless and are just mad we have to pay overs. Yeah, I want the club I support to pay overs... it's just how it's going to be.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
In our current situation we're the last Sydney club a player would want to sign for, therefor unless the player we're after isn't being looked at by other clubs he isn't going to pick us over them. It's that simple. There have already been 3-4 examples of this. Everything you said would give us an advantage if we were on an even playing field with the other clubs, which currently we aren't. Every signing we make is going to come down to money at the end of the day. If you think I'm getting carried away, I think marquee players (Latrell and Fifita) could even reject bids from us in the 900k-1m region and we're going to be forced to by someone if you like it or not, we're not going to have the same team forever. Do you really think the signings we've made so far (besides DWZ - stars aligning situation, will explain if you have no clue) over the last 2 years are going to get us out of the bottom 4? We also overpaid for Napa, 650k...
You need to understand that we do not have the money to buy marquee players yet. Our previous board and coach really fucked us. Like Nick who just called talkin sport people need to understand it’s not SuperCoach. Cronulla just played massive overs for Ramien. We said no

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You need to understand that we do not have the money to buy marquee players yet. Our previous board and coach really fucked us. Like Nick who just called talkin sport people need to understand it’s not SuperCoach. Cronulla just played massive overs for Ramien. We said no
I know that... for next year we'll sign mercenary players, e.g. Segeyaro, Luke (maybe Morris, SBW, who knows... but these type of players) for 1 season and then going into 2021 with our "war chest", which is going to be about 3m, overpaying on 2 marquee signings and a young gun. I don't see any other alternative (or at least, a better one), I'd like to be wrong tho. Sharks already have a top 8 side and they would have only paid overs if Storm or Roosters were in for him... I'm not even sure you're accurate on that. I think Ramien is worth 500k btw (overs would be 700-800k, really anything over 500k). Hopefully that enlightens you why we didn't sign Ramien a perfect e.g. of what I'm saying...

Last edited:

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So you don't want to hear the truth? Apparently 90% of people on these forums don't understand how recruitment works in the situation we're in :tearsofjoy:

"Put your money where your mouth is and fork out the extra 200-300k per player outta ya own purse", how is this relevant? I don't run the club. The club is going to have to do this tho (going into 2021). Unless you want the same squad? Not sure what you're after bro.

How about this. You tell me why players want to come to the Bulldogs if money isn't the only incentive. The more people that understand this and stop replying to me with bullshit, the less I'd post about it. To me, you're the annoying one.
Mate I can't agree enough.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know that... for next year we'll sign mercenary players, e.g. Segeyaro, Luke (maybe Morris, SBW, who knows... but these type of players) for 1 season and then going into 2021 with our "war chest", which is going to be about 3m, overpaying on 2 marquee signings and a young gun. I don't see any other alternative (or at least, a better one), I'd like to be wrong tho. Sharks already have a top 8 side and they would have only paid overs if Storm or Roosters were in for him... I'm not even sure you're accurate on that. I think Ramien is worth 500k btw (overs would be 700-800k, really anything over 500k). Hopefully that enlightens you why we didn't sign Ramien a perfect e.g. of what I'm saying...
It’s been reported Ramien will be on 800k a year with Cronulla. I’m glad we dropped off

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s been reported Ramien will be on 800k a year with Cronulla. I’m glad we dropped off
Everything I’ve seen says 500k
Who reported 800k, I rkn 800 too much for him
Who knows what his on

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My point is he still has a contract, and the sharks can’t just move him without paying some of his contract which means they will still be over the cap.
I know that as does dugan thats what im getting at is james hooper saying they r cap compliant but have to move players on that doesn’t make sense

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I know that as does dugan thats what im getting at is james hooper saying they r cap compliant but have to move players on that doesn’t make sense
Hooper talks shit sometimes , not sure if Dugan is still contracted till next year but they are over the cap even after Gallen retires.
I think they are over by 500k, they want to offload 2 players to sign one.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hooper talks shit sometimes , not sure if Dugan is still contracted till next year but they are over the cap even after Gallen retires.
I think they are over by 500k, they want to offload 2 players to sign one.
Dugan's last year contracted is 2021. He'll be off their salary cap going into 2022. Morris would be a massive pick up for 1 year and he'd be able to finish his career with us. Also would mean we're not playing Holland :P