Social Media Jesse Ramien to sign with $harks

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d take Jmoz back for a year, better than what we have, great defense and no drama. Especially if the Sharks chip in a small amount too.
His been the Sharks best all yr... If he brings that to the dogs to finish up the last yr of his current deal and were not stuck with him for another then its a no brainer in opinion. And if the Sharks pay some freight then happy days.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If 800k a season is true, I'd really like to know what competition they had (e.g. Roosters or Storm) to have to pay that much... I think it's more likely Hooper just stuffed up the numbers tho, surely.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If 800k a season is true, I'd really like to know what competition they had (e.g. Roosters or Storm) to have to pay that much... I think it's more likely Hooper just stuffed up the numbers tho, surely.
It’s not all about competition either. Managers will give a starting figure and not drop below that. Cronulla were very keen to get him back and did lose a lot of strike with Holmes leaving too. I know they are losing players like Gallen but surely have to shed some more big names, especially with their cap penalty

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It’s not all about competition either. Managers will give a starting figure and not drop below that. Cronulla were very keen to get him back and did lose a lot of strike with Holmes leaving too. I know they are losing players like Gallen but surely have to shed some more big names, especially with their cap penalty
So if Sharks don't pay the 800k he just plays nowhere? Latrell's not even worth 800k... (maybe just... i'd say more like 700k tho). Every other report I've seen is 500k a season.

I just watched NRL 360 and I think some of you guys need hearing aids. Hooper said 500k a season and a 4 year deal (around what our offer would of been).

Last edited:

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Dugan is also going back to the Dragons with Morris, Dragons also looking at recruiting a half from England with Hunt potentially being released. Club is keeping an eye on the situation but view him as hooking option rather than halfback. Think a few more players will shuffle around over the offseason
No way dragons looking at hooker options, McInnes is one of the best in the Competition.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No way dragons looking at hooker options, McInnes is one of the best in the Competition.
They lost Robson to the Cowboys. I'm not sure who else they have there. If they're looking for Hookers it'd be back up.
Hunt is also on 1.2m so they'd have to contribute 400-600k for another club to take him. Doubt it. Doing something like that is possibly worse then paying Hunt 1.2m to start with.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old mate didn't mention the Dragons looking for a hooker.

Ben Hunt at 9 is nice. Def his best position full time.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So if Sharks don't pay the 800k he just plays nowhere? Latrell's not even worth 800k... (maybe just... i'd say more like 700k tho). Every other report I've seen is 500k a season.

I just watched NRL 360 and I think some of you guys need hearing aids. Hooper said 500k a season and a 4 year deal (around what our offer would of been).
I didn’t watch it and don’t be rude mate. No, if they don’t agree to the price he is shopped around more. They were desperate to sign him. With the way he sooked and wanted a release even 500k is a risk for someone that really hasn’t lived up to potential, especially when he wanted to go to Newcastle to be closer to his daughter and Cronulla are 2 more hours away. He’s full of it.

Players are worth whatever they are paid and you’re dreaming if you think anyone would get Latrell for 700k next contract. Maybe with a few hundred thousand in TPA’s

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I didn’t watch it and don’t be rude mate. No, if they don’t agree to the price he is shopped around more. They were desperate to sign him. With the way he sooked and wanted a release even 500k is a risk for someone that really hasn’t lived up to potential, especially when he wanted to go to Newcastle to be closer to his daughter and Cronulla are 2 more hours away. He’s full of it.

Players are worth whatever they are paid and you’re dreaming if you think anyone would get Latrell for 700k next contract. Maybe with a few hundred thousand in TPA’s
I don't know what you're saying. Latrell is worth 700k as a Centre and that's what the Roosters will be offering him. I think a club like us would have to offer at least 900k-1m.

I think it's more likely Ramien doesn't have a contract for next season if he's asking for 600-700k (even if you want to go with the 800k, which is bullshit). If we ain't going to pay that then no other club in the NRL is :smirk:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So glad he's not at the dogs.. That name always makes me think about noodles

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not true, someone on here was spreading a false rumour. He's on 500k, what I believe he's worth.
That's what I heard.. sounds like somebody head it wrong.

Malla

Reaction score
NRL is such a shit storm. How can they let Sharks sign Ramien when they are already over the cap?

Now Ramien signing on means Sharks have to move a couple players to fit him in which isn't fair on them.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL is such a shit storm. How can they let Sharks sign Ramien when they are already over the cap?

Now Ramien signing on means Sharks have to move a couple players to fit him in which isn't fair on them.
Every other team should not take any of their players, wouldn't happen but would be a delight to see them get penalised again.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Every other team should not take any of their players, wouldn't happen but would be a delight to see them get penalised again.
It usually helps out both clubs, as Sharks could be forced (depending on the player) to contribute to them playing elsewhere.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Been stuff in the media of Peptides trying to move on Dugan, who's apparently (acc. to zero tackle) on $750k/yr with 2yrs left to go.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Morris was to return, it would have to be considerably less than he was on previously.
We let him go mainly because of his exaggerated salary.