Josh Jackson apparently to sign with Souths.

Malla

Reaction score
Josh has recieved many more accolades and achievements than finucane except the gf win that may still happen.including a bigger paycheck so its a pretty shit reference.
What accolades? lol

Josh Jackson has 0 premierships and 0 Origin wins

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
4 years?.. I hope your right but I think we are so far off having a premiership winning squad its not funny..

Signing a great halfback and hooker will be difficult and I think thats exactly what we need as well as several other positions..
Well don't we have about 8 million reasons why we can have that in 2021? Even if we pay some overs then we should be able to assemble a great team. At this stage we should be around the 8 next year and then it's 2021. From that point with 8 mil paid on talent then we should be aiming top 4. That gives us 3 years of aiming top 4 and we all know if you ain't top 4 then you aren't winning shite! I think it's realistic.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well don't we have about 8 million reasons why we can have that in 2021? Even if we pay some overs then we should be able to assemble a great team. At this stage we should be around the 8 next year and then it's 2021. From that point with 8 mil paid on talent then we should be aiming top 4. That gives us 3 years of aiming top 4 and we all know if you ain't top 4 then you aren't winning shite! I think it's realistic.
Lets see.. I just dont think having salary cap money will guarentee us making great signings.. Weve recently thrown cash at Ramien & Api and missed out on both..

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Lets see.. I just dont think having salary cap money will guarentee us making great signings.. Weve recently thrown cash at Ramien & Api and missed out on both..
I think we offered their value and they didn't want it. I don't think Ramien was ever going to come here shy of some ridiculous pay day. When a player comes around that is truly worth it then I'm sure/hope we would chuck a little extra in to tempt them aboard. All we need is those first few and then other will join us. "If you sign them, they will come!"

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jackson talk is off the wall

There has been speculation linking Josh Jackson with moves away from Belmore in recent weeks, with the Sharks touted as one potential destination.

Jackson has been a mainstay in a Canterbury side that has gone through thin times in the last few years.

Free to talk to rival clubs from November 1, the no-nonsense two-cap Kangaroo could potentially earn a handsome deal that would set him up for the back end of his career.

Nathan Brown of the Eels scuffles with Josh Jackson of the BulldogsSource: AAP

But now, with Dean Pay’s side rising out of the doldrums, he wants to stick around and help return the Bulldogs to their powerhouse days.

It’s why it makes talk of Jackson’s exit all the more baffling to the player’s manager, Andrew Purcell.

“The intention is for Josh to be a Bulldog for life,” Purcell told foxsports.com.au. “We’ll sit down to discuss a deal beyond 2020.”
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...a/news-story/ccbea102d1f2461de4d89325ea94fde2

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They knew their destinations before even talking to us and tried to use us to drive their prices up

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So they were never interested in coming to the Bulldogs??...
Ramien had sounded out Cronulla months ago and Api made his mind up as soon as Barrett signed on with Penrith