Other News Source We made an offer for Jennings?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jennings is looking for security and money at his old age now, while we're looking to build and make players prove themselves with small length contracts. We were never going to get Jennings.

The same was put to DWZ and he took it, as hes a fighter and up to proving himself.

Am happy as most are here with Jenings is staying at the Eels.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Haha happy we missed him but sad that no-one want's to play with us :(

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's the thing lol, no one is arguing that he knocked us back but it's fucked how it seems like no one wants to come here

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t believe any rumours or media saying we’ve signed someone .. they have been full of shit for years .. all the signings lately we never heard about have been chn and dwz.. the know nothing

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Have you posted your membership back to the club, like you said a few months ago?
I think someone else said they where doing that. I did say that I was cancelling my auto renewal for the first time since I left home at 17! I’m 33 now.

I also did cancel auto renewal though can already feel me renewing.

Not sure why just a gluten for punishment.

The club did give me some ass effort not too.

The issue is I’m not fooled that Dwz was some amazing job by our powers to be.

He has been amazing and I’m thrilled with the addition.

Though I also am realistic and honest to see that he picked us due to not being able to get to the tigers this year and that cowboys are not suitable with a young family in his life.

That said I don’t care if a few guys do for lack of options if they put in like he has. He’s been outstanding. A few of these signings and we can at least compete to scrape into the 8.

I just can’t help but feel disappointed when we miss anyone semi decent and now Fucking target Jennings who was a great option 5 years ago. Ffs still miss him to. No point denying it he’s quoted himself saying “doggies where close” we clearly made a play for next year.

It’s a concern and if we don’t have some magic or some players have rather regular fall outs at current clubs we are facing yet another year of no finals.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s a good player. Bit small like Cogger but when he got his chance you could see he had natural ability just needs game time and good service from no9.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
the contract offer was only for 1 year.. obviously he was only going to be a fill gap for 2020.. 2021 is the target for marque players

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meh, glad it didn’t happen.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not that no one wants to play with us.

Parra offered a larger 2 year contract, compared to the 1 year contract the Bulldogs offered.

Same with Api, he took a larger contract at Panthers.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
the contract offer was only for 1 year.. obviously he was only going to be a fill gap for 2020.. 2021 is the target for marque players
Or the club wanted him to earn a spot in that 2021 line up and like most players they aren't going to do that.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think someone else said they where doing that. I did say that I was cancelling my auto renewal for the first time since I left home at 17! I’m 33 now.

I also did cancel auto renewal though can already feel me renewing.

Not sure why just a gluten for punishment.

The club did give me some ass effort not too.

The issue is I’m not fooled that Dwz was some amazing job by our powers to be.

He has been amazing and I’m thrilled with the addition.

Though I also am realistic and honest to see that he picked us due to not being able to get to the tigers this year and that cowboys are not suitable with a young family in his life.

That said I don’t care if a few guys do for lack of options if they put in like he has. He’s been outstanding. A few of these signings and we can at least compete to scrape into the 8.

I just can’t help but feel disappointed when we miss anyone semi decent and now Fucking target Jennings who was a great option 5 years ago. Ffs still miss him to. No point denying it he’s quoted himself saying “doggies where close” we clearly made a play for next year.

It’s a concern and if we don’t have some magic or some players have rather regular fall outs at current clubs we are facing yet another year of no finals.
As per the bolded bit above, I'm happy that you got some anal action from the club. Not my thing, but each to their own. If that's the lengths they're going to in order to get reticent members to re-sign they're fucking dedicated. Judging by your negative stance towards the club, I'm guessing Brad Pitt etc didn't call you back and the club was the only one willing to give you a stuffing. Please note that this is a joke based on your words.

On a serious note. I'm guessing the club is still limited in their available funds under the cap. In my opinion they'll still pick up a touch of quality before next season. But it's pointless to overspend on very short term solutions. The board know that even if you and a portion of the posters here don't. As much as some people think they're useless, they've done more than run supercoach rosters.

At some point in time you have to concede that the board deserves a little bit of credit for the moves they've made. The DWZ signing wasn't a Steven Bradbury effort from the club. He had other options that he discussed with people he trusts. And the fact that he had to weigh up the options tells me we didn't just throw a massive bundle of money more than other clubs to bring him in. I have this little bit of faith in the club that they're going to assemble a great team that we can keep together for long enough to enjoy. They're going to manage that by being astute with player recruitment.

I'm not just a massive fan of this board. I'll reserve judgement on them based on the results they achieve over time. But it's getting ridiculous to see people refusing to give credit where it's due. You don't have to sing their praises, but it's a bit unfair to assume that every rumoured signing that doesn't eventuate is a fuck up.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find this story bullshit.

Player managers shop their players around and currently are going straight to the Dogs because they have the fattest cheque book (hence why we are linked to every player) to increase their contract price or create so called interest from us or other clubs to put pressure on their current club.

There's no way the Dogs would have signed him for one year let alone two. This is all just part of the contract game to use us as pawns in what I consider is in the player managers interest more so than the players themselves.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
As per the bolded bit above, I'm happy that you got some anal action from the club. Not my thing, but each to their own. If that's the lengths they're going to in order to get reticent members to re-sign they're fucking dedicated. Judging by your negative stance towards the club, I'm guessing Brad Pitt etc didn't call you back and the club was the only one willing to give you a stuffing. Please note that this is a joke based on your words.

On a serious note. I'm guessing the club is still limited in their available funds under the cap. In my opinion they'll still pick up a touch of quality before next season. But it's pointless to overspend on very short term solutions. The board know that even if you and a portion of the posters here don't. As much as some people think they're useless, they've done more than run supercoach rosters.

At some point in time you have to concede that the board deserves a little bit of credit for the moves they've made. The DWZ signing wasn't a Steven Bradbury effort from the club. He had other options that he discussed with people he trusts. And the fact that he had to weigh up the options tells me we didn't just throw a massive bundle of money more than other clubs to bring him in. I have this little bit of faith in the club that they're going to assemble a great team that we can keep together for long enough to enjoy. They're going to manage that by being astute with player recruitment.

I'm not just a massive fan of this board. I'll reserve judgement on them based on the results they achieve over time. But it's getting ridiculous to see people refusing to give credit where it's due. You don't have to sing their praises, but it's a bit unfair to assume that every rumoured signing that doesn't eventuate is a fuck up.
Sorry missed a word. The club gave me a half ass effort to not cancel my renewal.

That said I will clear up your opinion. I’m not shit bagging them saying they can’t do anything, I also praised Dwz addition.

Though I’m not delusional or blindly following the fact he is here means we are ran well.

As others have said it’s a mid season signing (meaning minimal options other than reserve grade and a few clubs)

Tigers where his preference it’s not a debate that’s a fact. Due to Madge.

Though they couldn’t fuck anyone off (word is they wanted to offload any of mbye, packer, matilkno, Reynolds)

Eels have gutho so not getting fullback there.

Again, thrilled he’s there. Just not believing it’s all some master stroke when everyone else hasn’t gone that way.

I will too remain to make a firm
Opinion once the cap opens In November though right now my confidence is very low in them!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jennings is looking for security and money at his old age now, while we're looking to build and make players prove themselves with small length contracts. We were never going to get Jennings.

The same was put to DWZ and he took it, as hes a fighter and up to proving himself.

Am happy as most are here with Jenings is staying at the Eels.
I'd 100% believe that we were looking at Jennings for 1 year as a stop gap for Latrell.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the board must have agreed that jennings ticked all the bulldogs dna boxes, but jennings himself didnt want to come to the dogs