Apparently bulldogs are in talk with semi radradra?

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
great player but 18 months until he is available dont see us signing him any time soon to much could happen in between.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be for next year, plays in the world cup next month so couldn't see him going back to Europe after that

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They will hang on to our war chest and hopefully spend it wisely. So many players we are looking at lol according to reports. In saying that so many players not happy at clubs proves money isn't everything. I would not rush into anything. No reason why we cant get our own fijian winger who hasn't played nrl.
Leaves us money for a couple of nice signings

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
They will hang on to our war chest and hopefully spend it wisely. So many players we are looking at lol according to reports. In saying that so many players not happy at clubs proves money isn't everything. I would not rush into anything. No reason why we cant get our own fijian winger who hasn't played nrl.
Leaves us money for a couple of nice signings
Hang on until November. If we fail signing Latrell, Fifita and Arrow then Radradra could be a decent option. I think we're talking to everyone, so we're going to be linked to everyone too. We should be aiming high and just reassessing when it's confirmed we can't sign a target (e.g. they resign with their club or a different club).

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hang on until November. If we fail signing Latrell, Fifita and Arrow then Radradra could be a decent option. I think we're talking to everyone, so we're going to be linked to everyone too. We should be aiming high and just reassessing when it's confirmed we can't sign a target (e.g. they resign with their club or a different club).
True I am not saying don’t sign till nov, just feel that their are heaps more players to come on to the market from now and November and most clubs haven’t bitten the bullet like we have so for other clubs to compete with us they will have to release players. I feel the dogs are planning for the next two years and if a good player comes along go for it nothing wrong with talking to players like their doing. Very confident with what they are doing.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I dare say Semi is just trying to push his price up a bit with the Eels (like trying to pressure them to axe someone to pay him or some crap) but wow, what a coup if we get him. I would love it.

Reactions: DT

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd take him if he came next year, but its a no if the deal is for 2021.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd take him if he came next year, but its a no if the deal is for 2021.
Why?

He is contracted to Rugby next year, and wants to play in the Olympics and World Cup which makes sense... He will still be a weapon in 2021. Also we do not have fk all money until then.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why?

He is contracted to Rugby next year, and wants to play in the Olympics and World Cup which makes sense... He will still be a weapon in 2021. Also we do not have fk all money until then.
Signing a 29 year old winger on close to a million? no thanks.

Atleast if he came next year we would get another year of his prime.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We're sitting on about 1m for next year. I think we'll just bring in a burnt Hooker (worth 200-300k) for 1 year and hold onto the rest (we have to spend it, so either front loading contracts or bringing in another 1-2 mercenary signings for 1 year) tho for 2021 signings.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True I am not saying don’t sign till nov, just feel that their are heaps more players to come on to the market from now and November and most clubs haven’t bitten the bullet like we have so for other clubs to compete with us they will have to release players. I feel the dogs are planning for the next two years and if a good player comes along go for it nothing wrong with talking to players like their doing. Very confident with what they are doing.
Radradra will be for 2020 if we get him, and so will SBW and a Qld hooker.
For 2021 hopefully Mitchell & Fifita.
But our ultimate fullback should be Papenhuyzen The next Slater

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds good, like all if We can them. If we had all those players would be a coup for sure

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That'd probably mean the end for DWZ, unless there isn't an opportunity for him to play Fullback somewhere else. Storm are going to stick with Papenhuyzen, Munster, Hughes and Smith for next year and possibly after. Grant and possibly Croft are who we should be going for. Also whatever Storm offer Papenhuyzen we'll have to add 200-300k to that amount to get him.

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is that confirmed that we’re chasing him for 2020?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Paps grew up a dogs fan, basically a confirmed signing at this point tbh.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully the QLD hooker is Grant. I’d even take McCullough for a year

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We should've taken a punt on Papenhuyzen 3 years ago when he was looking to leave the Tigers, I remember mentioning him in a thread back then, a few people shot me down saying he was too small to ever make it but surely if I could see his obvious talent then someone at the club ("paid professionals") could've as well. We need to start being more proactive when it comes to young players.