Yokohama
Hiroshima
Kure
Himeji
Kobe
Osaka
Kyoto
Nara
I haven't even gone on this trip yet and I'm already booking another for april lol[/QUOTE]
10 major centres, nice. How long are you planning on going for?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm doing
Tokyo
Edegowa
Yokohama
Hiroshima
Kure
Himeji
Kobe
Osaka
Kyoto
Nara
I haven't even gone on this trip yet and I'm already booking another for april lol
10 major centres, nice. How long are you planning on going for?[/QUOTE]
Few weeks ,the joy of japanese public transport can get to places quickly the j rail pass is around $500 for 2 weeks that covers all bullet train, and a fair few local services, also covers the ferry out to miyajima island

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well thanks for the heads-up. I've always wanted to go to Japan in the winter I dare say. Not only because I hate exploring places in heat, but because I want to visit the Japanese natural hot springs - like the picture below.

I'm not sure if these things work well in winter, but it's something Id like to try.

I am also absolutely amused by Japanese culture... the way they like things all bright and LED lite-up in the night sky. Apparently there's no litter on the streets in Tokyo (it's a cultural thing), and just everything else about it that I'd like to see is really really fascinating to me. I reckon I'll be like a kid in a lolly store if I went there lol.

I'm doing
Tokyo
Edegowa
Yokohama
Hiroshima
Kure
Himeji
Kobe
Osaka
Kyoto
Nara
I haven't even gone on this trip yet and I'm already booking another for april lol[/QUOTE]

EPIC! When is this trip, SoH?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm doing
Tokyo
Edegowa
Yokohama
Hiroshima
Kure
Himeji
Kobe
Osaka
Kyoto
Nara
I haven't even gone on this trip yet and I'm already booking another for april lol

EPIC! When is this trip, SoH?[/QUOTE]
Going next month jumping out of my skin lol,my grandfather severed after the bomb for 2 years so going to retrace his footsteps and also see other things

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a great view - is that Mount Fuji? Looks awesome close up. The clouds almost make it look like that's smoke coming from the top.

Country Japan is something I'd like to visit because it's hard to imagine that in such a tiny, over-populated, urbanised country, there are quiet places that are absolutely serene.

I know this is going to sound a little westernised but after watching Kill Bill 1 & 2, it only fueled me desire to see Japan. Other things are my strong like of JDM cars particularly 90s models, and also being obsessed with Nostalgia, some things that no longer exist here. For example, a mate of mine went to Tokyo last year and said that the video rental stores (DVD) are still good businesses to the point where they sometimes have people lining up outside to get in - that's how busy they are. In fact there are some VHS rental stores still in business (probably equivalent to the amount of DVD rental stores still around here).

Also I'm really into manga art and animation... that stuff is something else.
Yep it is Mt Fuji, in summertime. Hence the iconic snow top being absent. This photo was at like 430am. The best time to see it, as clouds roll in later in the morning.

You will love Japan man. If you like getting out of the cities then Hokkaido is great, hire a car and drive all around. Good in summer or winter. Kyoto is great too, and Nara. I haven't been to too many rural places on Honshu though.

I'm doing
Tokyo
Edegowa
Yokohama
Hiroshima
Kure
Himeji
Kobe
Osaka
Kyoto
Nara
Nice mix. I have only been to about half of those. Kyoto and Nara being absolute favs of mine.

the ferry out to miyajima island
Miyajima was great. We spent most of a day there and I hiked up Mt Misen. Was sooo hot and absolutely wrecked me because I was hurrying as my very pregnant wife was waiting at the top of the sky lift. Would be much nicer in the cold lol.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep it is Mt Fuji, in summertime. Hence the iconic snow top being absent. This photo was at like 430am. The best time to see it, as clouds roll in later in the morning.

You will love Japan man. If you like getting out of the cities then Hokkaido is great, hire a car and drive all around. Good in summer or winter. Kyoto is great too, and Nara. I haven't been to too many rural places on Honshu though.

Nice mix. I have only been to about half of those. Kyoto and Nara being absolute favs of mine.

Miyajima was great. We spent most of a day there and I hiked up Mt Misen. Was sooo hot and absolutely wrecked me because I was hurrying as my very pregnant wife was waiting at the top of the sky lift. Would be much nicer in the cold lol.
I'm staying on miyajima for 2 nights decided with so much traveling sight seeing ect ,it would be nice to have 2 days just on the relax

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I once spent a night in a phone booth near Blacktown RSL after 14 schooners. That was kinda nice.
Woke up surrounded by beer bottles on a seat on Pendle Hill station with all the people going to work looking at the hungover bloke looking a bit dishevald.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paris is pretty bad too. My daughter went there for a Holiday and ended up kidnapped, drugged and sold as a slave. Fortunately I'm a man with a specific set of skills so I was able to get her back.
I was the guy who sold you the karaoke machine, your check bounced.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best: Save your money and go to Las Vegas. So many pockets of things to do, pool parties (including topless) are insane insane fun, nightclubs go berserk, food choices are brilliant, downtown is crazy, people watching is hilarious, so many things to do and see. Alcohol is cheap and unlimited, drugs everywhere, girls are super flirty (Latina). Gents start saving your money and I'll host a trip myself for the brave. (Must sign a confidentiality agreement and disclaimer). Last time I hosted a trip one guy came back a changed man :grinning: some guys just can't handle Vegas.

Phuket: amazing place, no rules, do what you want. $7 for an hour massage, drinks that will knock your block off, weapons at every street corner , Thai boxing "tomorrow night tomorrow night tomorrow night tomorrow night best service you will ever get"

Worst :. Hong Kong is a waste of time, they seriously see people from Australia as someone to rip off. The only place that doesn't try rip you off is McDonald's and a place called fortress. Everyone else trys to sell used goods as new, every box is open, those blokes that make suits never leave you alone. I almost put a guys head through a glass cabinet.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fiji is a mixed bag. Last time I stayed at Shangri la on corral coast. Amazing.. beautiful stay. But I had a driver from the airport to Coral coast (about 50 mins drive).. it was 6am and drizzling rain, he took a shortcut through back roads, saw on a deserted road in middle of nowhere, two bloke standing 30 metres away from a dead body. Dead bloke was slumped over the boot of a car, bent backwards lifeless. the way his limbs were so unnaturally positioned and that face I saw.. deceased 100% .. the driver sort of didn't know what to say and just said he was just asleep. 6am drizzling rain, slumped over a car boot bent backwards? Middle of nowhere, 2 blokes standing away from him... Okay then.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Best: Save your money and go to Las Vegas. So many pockets of things to do, pool parties (including topless) are insane insane fun, nightclubs go berserk, food choices are brilliant, downtown is crazy, people watching is hilarious, so many things to do and see. Alcohol is cheap and unlimited, drugs everywhere, girls are super flirty (Latina). Gents start saving your money and I'll host a trip myself for the brave. (Must sign a confidentiality agreement and disclaimer). Last time I hosted a trip one guy came back a changed man :grinning: some guys just can't handle Vegas.

Phuket: amazing place, no rules, do what you want. $7 for an hour massage, drinks that will knock your block off, weapons at every street corner , Thai boxing "tomorrow night tomorrow night tomorrow night tomorrow night best service you will ever get"

Worst :. Hong Kong is a waste of time, they seriously see people from Australia as someone to rip off. The only place that doesn't try rip you off is McDonald's and a place called fortress. Everyone else trys to sell used goods as new, every box is open, those blokes that make suits never leave you alone. I almost put a guys head through a glass cabinet.
You sold me on the part which says in brackets Latina.

I've been told personally by a Mexican that men like myself are highly desired by many women of the Latin American world!