WWOS MOLE Esan Marsters wants out of Wests Tigers

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He would be a good addition. Hasn't been great this season but is a quality centre who wouldn't ruin the cap.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think he has. McGuire has really blunted his potential if you ask me. He is a shadow of the player he was a season ago.

His offloads are significantly down as well - it's only been towards the back end of the season when they had to find points that he had more reign to throw that pass if needed.

Plus - he is a VERY handy GKer. I would take him tbh
I think he has. McGuire has really blunted his potential if you ask me. He is a shadow of the player he was a season ago.

His offloads are significantly down as well - it's only been towards the back end of the season when they had to find points that he had more reign to throw that pass if needed.

he is not a handy GKer don’t kid yourself

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think marsters would be a great signing good age can kick goals.....along with big semi we would have a very solid back 5

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOVE RFM firing lately, one had to question his desire to depart the team with his recent dedication, shows character.
Well done RFM!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d be happy if we signed him. Good player and wouldn’t want Latrell money.
Cue the negative posts
Yeah I think he would be a decent pick up. He is definitely a better option then Holland, that's for sure. And I think he would enjoy being at our club with DWZ, RFM, CHN and other NZ/islander rep players.

Great news RFM wants to stick around too. If he can build on what he has achieved at the back end of this year, then I'm confident he will have a bright future.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like there will a lot of opportunity for player movement this offseason, hope we stay smart and we could pick up some really handy players at the right price. So many clubs looking to trade contracted players .

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Seems like there will a lot of opportunity for player movement this offseason, hope we stay smart and we could pick up some really handy players at the right price. So many clubs looking to trade contracted players .
I agree. It's looking like there will be a bunch of players who are ready for the next level or are being held back from that level by established players ahead of them. Players around that 23-25 year old mark who will feature for the next 10 years. These guys will be great value and quickly prove themselves. We would be paying 300-600k for them instead of the 800-1mil mark, could be the very smart path to take.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only issue I have with this news is that it was written by the mole. So the story is more likely that has is in the verge of re-signing with the tigers. Lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Only issue I have with Marsters is that he is fairly similar to CHN, will he continue to stay in the centres or need to be moved to the backrow? Defensively be is sus at times with poor reads.

If we got him he would definitely gives us some strike in the centres but we still have the problem of actually using that strike power. CHN is one of the best offloaders in the game yet how often do we actually have someone running off his shoulder?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Would take masters seeinf we missed Raimen. Not mich of a difference in quality between them to me.

Both very high ability just how far and committed they are.

Make it happen ffs. Sick of missing anything decent.

Marsters and a fucking good hooker please

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
bit over these precious players wanting out because its not all about them.. cry me a river FFS
I don't see an issue with it, happens in football a lot so it's nothing new. Players despite earning good money also want to enjoy what they're doing while some need to feel "important" to get the best out of them.

Marsters has received a noticeable drop in quality early ball this season compared to last, he could easily be unhappy because of that and is losing a part of his game that he most enjoyed. The story could also be complete bs..

He was one of if not the best centres last season, breaking tackles and offloading at will setting up his teammates. I don't know if he will get that same opportunity with is that he's looking for, but we have a few Kiwis and the test captain so that could count for something?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't see an issue with it, happens in football a lot so it's nothing new. Players despite earning good money also want to enjoy what they're doing while some need to feel "important" to get the best out of them.

Marsters has received a noticeable drop in quality early ball this season compared to last, he could easily be unhappy because of that and is losing a part of his game that he most enjoyed. The story could also be complete bs..

He was one of if not the best centres last season, breaking tackles and offloading at will setting up his teammates. I don't know if he will get that same opportunity with is that he's looking for, but we have a few Kiwis and the test captain so that could count for something?
I will agree if it is not related to money.. unfortunately most of the time it is...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I will agree if it is not related to money.. unfortunately most of the time it is...
They will almost always ask for more money no matter the reason, new contract and managers will try to suck every cent possible. Napa left the Roosters for more playing time with us...still managed to get a bigger contract.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Only issue I have with Marsters is that he is fairly similar to CHN, will he continue to stay in the centres or need to be moved to the backrow? Defensively be is sus at times with poor reads.

If we got him he would definitely gives us some strike in the centres but we still have the problem of actually using that strike power. CHN is one of the best offloaders in the game yet how often do we actually have someone running off his shoulder?
Agreed and it’s frustrating no one quick is backing up apart from Tolman haha.
The explosive speed and size of Masters would definitely offer more than Holland

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm probably in the minority but Marsters has never really excited me that much.
I've always seen him as a backrower not a centre... but if we play him at right centre, his offloads and play close to the line would see us get more value out of Remis

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They will almost always ask for more money no matter the reason, new contract and managers will try to suck every cent possible. Napa left the Roosters for more playing time with us...still managed to get a bigger contract.
the manager is often a driving force in these situation..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

His goal kicking is shit tbh

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marsters would be a good pick up. Kiwi international. Likes to get involved in the game. Looks competitive, is young and has some raw ability. I’d have him ahead of Ramian. Fingers and toes crossed as always.