Mad Monday or Not?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How the fuck can you “cancel” mad Monday ?
What are the club going to do, send chaperones with all the players for the entire off season ?
If the players want to get together, they’ll get together.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck I’m all for it who gives a shit what the media reports on our club honestly it never changes and never will. Might as well deserve the bad boy image and have some fun.
how about the dogs go the full Monty for a deserving charity call it "Hot Dogs"

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What are the club going to do, send chaperones with all the players for the entire off season ?
They probably will have beers but remember Greenturd saying last year was so bad because it was a organised by the club. I don’t agree with it but this is the smart play. They can have beers in a few weeks without the media prowling for a story.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can almost guarantee the media will be wherever the BBQ lunch/dinner is being held to re-visit last year's story but to say how well behaved they are this year.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We should have mad Tuesday.
The media will be too busy reporting on the other clubs that fuck up on mad Monday.

That’s a joke, the media will be all over us regardless and with what happened last year with our “private balcony” and Jayne Azzopardi sticking her bird beak through the fence in the past it’s not worth it and the club made the right call

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mad Monday has been cancelled and replaced with an end of season lunch/dinner.
Yeah just have one of those luncheons buzz had with some ladies serving the goods and sitting on your lap lol

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And they've all just brought brand new state of the art Drones and long range listening equipment, what are they to do now....

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What I don’t get is there is a leagues club walking distance from training. They have atleast 3-4 function rooms if not more.

Fair enough maybe you don’t want drunk player on the premise. But wouldn’t it be better? Atleast everything stays in house and the media can’t whore it for all its worth.

And if any player goes out of line or is violent or abusive. Or effects the club branding. Instant dismissal.

In effect, let your hair down, have a good time. But don’t cross the line or else.

Funny that a manly player is photographed with a suspicious white powder. Yet 2 players stripping off gets the criminal conviction and the media attention for weeks.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
True
I think all the club can do is not hold an offical club event

If players want to get together they can

The club can outline to players conditions of behaviour under their company policy

It’s about all they can do

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What I don’t get is there is a leagues club walking distance from training. They have atleast 3-4 function rooms if not more.

Fair enough maybe you don’t want drunk player on the premise. But wouldn’t it be better? Atleast everything stays in house and the media can’t whore it for all its worth.

And if any player goes out of line or is violent or abusive. Or effects the club branding. Instant dismissal.

In effect, let your hair down, have a good time. But don’t cross the line or else.

Funny that a manly player is photographed with a suspicious white powder. Yet 2 players stripping off gets the criminal conviction and the media attention for weeks.
All depends on how much Telecrap sensationalise it and how much front page they give it....Bulldogs ...the muslim area team ....go hard, do/say whatever to criminalise them.

Anyone else... just report.

Xander

Waterboy
Reaction score
Do we deserve a mad Monday?
Do we axe it?
Do we persist with it?
Where would we hold it?

I say we carry on with tradition. The squad deserves it. However i dont like our chances of staying out of the headlines for the wrong reasons.
The Daily Terrorgraph has already set up some long range cameras and audio recording devices at 5km to see if the boys say the F word or fall off a chair.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
they have cancelled mad Monday in order to avoid media attention, my theory is they will have mad Tuesday instead

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I think that's the point. It's not a club sanctioned event, so the club can't be fined (it ended up costing the Dogs $125k, and the players all up got fined $40k). Players will be taking there own gamble. And I'm sure the club will still chuck in to ensure the players aren't out of pocket. Just in a more private venue.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Private or not the media will be on the prowl. They use all avenues to try and get a bad news story out of us, especially this time of year.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mad Monday doesn't start until we sign Mitch Rein to play backup hooker to JMK

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's worthwhile reading the exact wording released from the club, which seems to be carefully worded to say that there are no 'club organised celebrations'.

That means the players are free to organise celebrations on their own.

And I'm sure the club have quietly reminded the players that if they do anything that brings the clubs name into the media, then that player will be having a short career with the dogs.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And they've all just brought brand new state of the art Drones and long range listening equipment, what are they to do now....
They already hired this of the us army ,they be in debt now so they will do a story anyway and try whatever way to make it into something
59ef5453fc7e93cd7c8b4567.JPG.jpg

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club had better screen all the waiters and waitresses that will be serving and scan for hidden cameras and microphones on the day/night.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
upload_2019-9-4_23-8-28.jpeg
Some of india dogs relos gearing up for masala Monday