Josh Jackson apparently to sign with Souths.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone created a fake Brent Read Twitter account and tweeted that Jacko signed with Souths. It’s 100% bullshit.
Think that someone was a guy by the name of Phil Rothfield.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not too worried if Jackson leaves... He's a workhouse these days... I'd be happy to replace him with a young gun backrower..
I think where the club is currently we can't afford to lose our experienced players, at least for another few years after 2021 (Hopoate, Tolman and Jackson). If that "young gun backrower" is Fifita then I wouldn't mind moving Jackson to Lock (he's possibly already moving there next year).

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone also hear that Sam Burgess wants out of South's. After his last suspension he copped a barrage from Bennett which he didn't take well. Apparently a player swap deal happening with a Sydney Club.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not too worried if Jackson leaves... He's a workhouse these days... I'd be happy to replace him with a young gun backrower..
It would fee up funds to get seriously in the market for Arrow or Fifita. JJ as our forward leader though has been inspirational.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It would fee up funds to get seriously in the market for Arrow or Fifita. JJ as our forward leader though has been inspirational.
We don't need to move him on for funds tho... we can sign Latrell and Fifita without that. I'm confident we could add Latrell, Fifita and Grant to our current 17 and be salary cap compliant. The only player I think that could make way is Foran, which will be dependent on next year. Remember we're still paying player wages at other clubs and current players are still on back ended deals (I know Foran is 100%, Hopoate, Tolman and Jackson probably too). The salary cap will also increase by 300k for 2021.

My team would look something like this:
1. DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Latrell
4. Hopoate
5. Reimis
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. Grant
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Fifita
13. Jackson

14. JMK
15. Toomaga
16. RFM
17. Elliott

Foran and RFM have been rumoured to have been shopped around. So they could possibly be replaced with other players for their positions.

Also a lot of people are still going to be questioning the Halves. If we wanted a different Five-eighth and Halfback then I think the next best option is CHT (Harris-Tavita) and Croft. I don't think we can Keep Foran and bring in Croft tho (to expensive). With what's available I'd rather just stick with what we have in the Halves, but that's also dependent if we can keep Foran for half of what he's on now, which would be about 600k.

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nah, he’s white and from the country, apparently that’s all Dean Pay picks

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not saying its true.. but FMD too many of our captains in recent history have be allowed to go to play at other clubs..

Ennis Pritchard Graham Price
And we publicly killed the only one who stayed in Ryan

Malla

Reaction score
Hope this isn't true but if it is I can't really blame him. He's wasting his prime years with a losing team. Look at the bloke who came into the league with him.. Dale Finucane. Won a comp, played in another 2 grand finals. Represented his state this year in a winning series.

Jackson should have achieved more by now.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hope this isn't true but if it is I can't really blame him. He's wasting his prime years with a losing team. Look at the bloke who came into the league with him.. Dale Finucane. Won a comp, played in another 2 grand finals. Represented his state this year in a winning series.

Modern Hindmarsh lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldn’t blame him if he is searching for a premiership, and it wouldn’t surprise me... will just have to wait n see what happens.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Who cares anymore, players come and go it’s the club that you follow.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He sticks around here for another few years he'll get a Premiership
I agree. Providing the rebuild isn't fuked up we should see a premiership within 4 years otherwise the window will be closed again.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree. Providing the rebuild isn't fuked up we should see a premiership within 4 years otherwise the window will be closed again.
Optimistic, I'd just be happy to cement we're a top 8 team each and every year within 4 years. Maybe top 4 1 season, maybe reach the GF another.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Optimistic, I'd just be happy to cement we're a top 8 team each and every year within 4 years. Maybe top 4 1 season, maybe reach the GF another.
I dunno, that gives us 3 years after pretty much having an entire salary cap at our disposal. I concede that maybe I should have said in a GF as winning takes a few other variables.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Josh has recieved many more accolades and achievements than finucane except the gf win that may still happen.including a bigger paycheck so its a pretty shit reference.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
4 years?.. I hope your right but I think we are so far off having a premiership winning squad its not funny..

Signing a great halfback and hooker will be difficult and I think thats exactly what we need as well as several other positions..