Apparently bulldogs are in talk with semi radradra?

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs open door for Semi
Brent ReadSeptember 2, 2019

Bordeaux winger Semi Radradra leaves a trail of Montpellier defenders in his wake during a Top 14 match in France. Picture: Getty Images
Canterbury have held initial talks with former Parramatta winger Semi Radradra over a return to the NRL in 2021.

Chief executive Andrew Hill confirmed club representatives met Radradra and his agent George Christodoulou as they attempted to gauge whether the Fijian rugby union international was realistic about returning to the code.

It is understood the discussions were purely about 2021, Radradra having outlined his desire to play for Fiji in the Rugby World Cup, which starts later this month, and the Olympics in Japan next year. He is also under contract with French club Bordeaux, with that deal running until the end of 2020.

It means any NRL club looking to sign Radradra will have to play a waiting game as he finishes his commitments in rugby union.

The Bulldogs are one of a number of clubs with money to spend in 2021 and Radradra shapes as an attractive proposition, although his price tag as a winger may cause some NRL clubs to think long and hard about signing him.

It is understood Radradra’s deal with Bordeaux is worth in excess of $1 million a year and there has been talk that he would want upwards of $800,000 a year to play in the NRL.

Clubs have traditionally been reluctant to spend that sort of money on wingers, although Radradra was one of the most devastating players in the game before his decision to switch codes at the end of 2017.

“There was an opportunity offered to us to meet with Semi while he is in Australia,” Hill said.

“We took that opportunity to introduce ourselves and let him know that at the right time should he wish to come back to the NRL, we would be interested in talking to him.

“But at this stage it was purely an introduction to our club.”

The Bulldogs are poised to be one of the most active clubs in the game over the next year given they have money to spend from 2021, when they clear some space in their salary cap

They have been linked with Gold Coast forward Jai Arrow and are likely to take a look at Brisbane backrower David Fifita, both of whole come off contract at the end of next season.

Arrow has already started gauging interest for 2021 after being given permission by the Titans to go to market before the November 1 deadline for players entering the final year of their deal.

It is understood Wests Tigers could meet with Arrow as early as this week. Fifita is arguably hotter property than his Queensland State of Origin counterpart and although Brisbane are confident of retaining him, there has been widespread interest from Sydney clubs after they were given an indication that he would genuinely consider a move from the Broncos.

Both players would likely command upwards of $800,000 a season on the open market, making it hard for the Gold Coast and Brisbane to compete with offers from Sydney.

Cronulla are also expected to take a look at Arrow given their cap pressure eases in 2021.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dude was a fucking freak. I’d love is to sign him.

Smith semi and Dwz give us 3 high quality backs. If we managed to snag latrell wow

even if we can’t get latrell a Curtis Scott or similar quality centre would still be amazing for our backline which is something we haven’t had in fucking forever.

I mean I’d say 0 chance but imagine if we managed to use the “war chest” and land something like semi, latrell and some good half and a few forwards with game breaking ball playing ability and size/mongrel. Even sbw a year or 2 would be entertaining.

Dwz
Semi
Latrell
Hoppa
Smith

Fuck me. If hoppa goes try smith at centre and play Meaney or okunbor on wing.

Dreams are free lol. We will likely continue to miss out on anyone good or even above average and bring back Warburton and Montoya and holland ffs. Maybe lichaa too.

Fuck I need to see some good signings. Depressing as fuck. Our third straight year no finals and our best recruit for next season so far is britt?

Not trying to be negative. We have been in a shit space but fuck me can we pleaseeeee recruit and improve in positions we so badly need too, it can’t be that hard. It’s virtually every single position....
The war chest is big enough to sign 2 marquee players and a young gun on his first big contract. The club has shown it isn't going to pay overs for players like Ramien and Koroisau, Scott is also in that category. Unless no one else in the NRL was to go for him then don't expect him to be here.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dude was a fucking freak. I’d love is to sign him.

Smith semi and Dwz give us 3 high quality backs. If we managed to snag latrell wow

even if we can’t get latrell a Curtis Scott or similar quality centre would still be amazing for our backline which is something we haven’t had in fucking forever.

I mean I’d say 0 chance but imagine if we managed to use the “war chest” and land something like semi, latrell and some good half and a few forwards with game breaking ball playing ability and size/mongrel. Even sbw a year or 2 would be entertaining.

Dwz
Semi
Latrell
Hoppa
Smith

Fuck me. If hoppa goes try smith at centre and play Meaney or okunbor on wing.

Dreams are free lol. We will likely continue to miss out on anyone good or even above average and bring back Warburton and Montoya and holland ffs. Maybe lichaa too.

Fuck I need to see some good signings. Depressing as fuck. Our third straight year no finals and our best recruit for next season so far is britt?

Not trying to be negative. We have been in a shit space but fuck me can we pleaseeeee recruit and improve in positions we so badly need too, it can’t be that hard. It’s virtually every single position....
You think Britt is a better signing than Stimson?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He will be 29 by 2021 and had been out of league for 2-3 seasons at least and have a huge price tag.....no thanks.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He will be 29 by 2021 and had been out of league for a 2-3 seasons at least and have a huge price tag.....no thanks.
My exact thoughts, especially for 800k. I'd rather just sign Oates for cheaper.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You think Britt is a better signing than Stimson?
Forgot Stimson signed. Still point stands.

3 years missed the 8. Best recruit is Stimson...

We lack badly. If Stimson remains our best recruit we won’t make the 8. Again. Don’t really enjoy spending half a decade fighting off the spoon.

I love our club and accept ups and downs but fuck me this has been rough run and the only hope we have is the cap space coming. No good if we miss anyone decent.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
800k for 2021? Fuck that.

I'd rather Papenhuyzen for 600k to make him leave Melbourne. Or Fifita for $1 million.. Or Latrell for 800k plus...

Parra would have bought Sivo, who looks as good as Semi at the same age, for 150-200k. If our club did the same with him or in the future, then they wouldn't have to even contemplate blowing 800k on a 29 year old winger who hasn't played in the NRL for three years.

I hope this is all fluff and tabloid fabrication and not a desperate attempt by the club to nab a star at literally any cost.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
800k , conversation should end there .I hate we are currently linked to every player looking for a pay rise.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Forgot Stimson signed. Still point stands.

3 years missed the 8. Best recruit is Stimson...

We lack badly. If Stimson remains our best recruit we won’t make the 8. Again. Don’t really enjoy spending half a decade fighting off the spoon.

I love our club and accept ups and downs but fuck me this has been rough run and the only hope we have is the cap space coming. No good if we miss anyone decent.
I think next year will be very similar to this year (I think we might sign 1-2 players past it, e.g. Luke, just because we need some stop gap players for next season and we don't want to pay overs for average to decent players). Our current players this year have gotten more experience (more for the younger players) and they've had more time playing together. We're also not losing any big players going into next season like we did this season (Morris brothers and Klemmer). We'll sign some big names for 2021, trust me. We will be paying overs tho, but it's the only way to attract players. I think it will be similar to when the Knights signed Ponga, Pearce and Klemmer (the recruitment method).

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think next year will be very similar to this year (I think we might sign 1-2 players past it, e.g. Luke, just because we need some stop gap players for next season and we don't want to pay overs for average to decent players). Our current players this year have gotten more experience (more for the younger players) and they've had more time playing together. We're also not losing any big players going into next season like we did this season (Morris brothers and Klemmer). We'll sign some big names for 2021, trust me. We will be paying overs tho, but it's the only way to attract players.
This is sadly what I think too. Which means another year no finals and likely our bright light at the end of the tunnel quickly turning to shit to ensure a decade of shit

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is sadly what I think too. Which means another year no finals and likely our bright light at the end of the tunnel quickly turning to shit to ensure a decade of shit
We have a good base, just no talent (we're also iffy in a few positions, Centre and left Wing are probably the biggest 2... and Hooker, how could I forget). We bring that in and I think we can crack the 8 and stay there season to season. I think it's going to be a few years after that tho until we're a top 4 team, etc. It's also very possible that we bring these marquee players in, but we still don't preform (like the Knights now, but I think we have a better starting base then they did and a good culture/leadership group). If that happens it's going to be very worrying and I don't see a way of getting out of it. Then it would probably come down to the players we're developing in reserves and lower, as well as waiting to move other players on.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This information wasn't supposed to come out to make sure the deal isn't derailed.
This could mean two things...
1. He has already agreed
2. We have missed out again
In any case the deal would have been for 2020 !

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
800k and 2021 lol.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This information wasn't supposed to come out to make sure the deal isn't derailed.
1. He has already agreed
There are quotes from our CEO

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. He has already agreed
Typical work of a player manager just using the dog's as a bargaining chip because we will have an open cheque book in 2021 then tip off the media to create further interest from other clubs