Andersons

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you a Kiwi as well. All the other Kiwis keep putting shit on the club.
Mate it's the truth. I'm not putting shit on the club. I don't mind the board we have to be honest, but they've made stupid decision by re-signing Dean Pay and they know that. But what is more stupid is that we had a chance to have a new coach and they stuck with Dean Pay, just to get the media off their backs at the time. In my opinion he's not ready to be a FG coach.

It's bloody simple you can't attract players to come here with a coach like Dean Pay. He needed more time as an assistant coach. We should of given Jim Dymock a go he deserved it before Dean.
They are making the same mistake the previous board did with dessie.

Simple an established coach with a good record is what we need. Let him be from England who cares as long he knows how to coach.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate it's the truth. I'm not putting shit on the club. I don't mind the board we have to be honest, but they've made stupid decision by re-signing Dean Pay and they know that. But what is more stupid is that we had a chance to have a new coach and they stuck with Dean Pay, just to get the media off their backs at the time. In my opinion he's not ready to be a FG coach.

It's bloody simple you can't attract players to come here with a coach like Dean Pay. He needed more time as an assistant coach. We should of given Jim Dymock a go he deserved it before Dean.

Simple an established coach with a good record is what we need. Let him be from England who cares as long he knows how to coach.
Spot on and it pisses me off when people say have patience and all we’ve ever been is patient with this club, it’s time to do something

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Fabulous tome. Except it comes undone with your proposal to give Dymock the job. He not only got rejected by the Dogs (Pay) but then by the Sharks (Morris) for head coach. I think that’s enough evidence to dismiss your theory, not to mention the ‘they know that’ nonsense. I think you’ll find the one year extension was far more strategic than any keyboard warrior could claim to know better.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New beginning! New coach!
Fabulous tome. Except it comes undone with your proposal to give Dymock the job. He not only got rejected by the Dogs (Pay) but then by the Sharks (Morris) for head coach. I think that’s enough evidence to dismiss your theory, not to mention the ‘they know that’ nonsense. I think you’ll find the one year extension was far more strategic than any keyboard warrior could claim to know better.
Dymock would of done a better job than the Dean Pay. The players would tell you that. But I'm not saying Dymock should be head coach now, I believe we should get a coach that players would like to play under and attract new players. Dean Pay won't last next season I'll put money on that. But at the end of the day the fans suffer the most. We won't go far with Dean Pay. I hope I'm wrong honestly but from what I've heard about him I can't see him there by end of next year.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Dymock would of done a better job than the Dean Pay. The players would tell you that. But I'm not saying Dymock should be head coach now, I believe we should get a coach that players would like to play under and attract new players. Dean Pay won't last next season I'll put money on that. But at the end of the day the fans suffer the most. We won't go far with Dean Pay. I hope I'm wrong honestly but from what I've heard about him I can't see him there by end of next year.
Easy to say without evidence that Dymock would’ve done better. Beyond the Dogs and Sharks, did he come into consideration for a head coach job at the Tits (Holbrook) or the Noughts (O’Brien)? No. He’s not a head coach - one good decision among many poor ones by Dib in his dying days as Chair. As for Pay ‘not being there end of next year’ - I’m willing to bet that’s exactly why the current board extended him by one year - to have flexibility as the cap disaster comes to an end and we have the dough and are assembling our squad (and possible new coach) for 2021. I believe there’s a plan and am willing to let it unfold - so the team, the coach and the directors have my support - until/unless it becomes obvious they’ve got it wrong, which in my view is still too early to call.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think your last sentence sums up the situation perfectly.

"I believe there’s a plan and am willing to let it unfold - so the team, the coach and the directors have my support - until/unless it becomes obvious they’ve got it wrong, which in my view is still too early to call"

Three camps on this.

Team Pay believe the above and are prepared to defend Pay against any critiscism.

Team Replace Pay have lost confidence and believe it is obvious already that Pay isn't the answer.

Team Steady as She Goes believe wait and let things work themselves out and good times hopefully will return.

It's all just a personal view of our Board's and Anderson's handling of the situation.

No one is gonna change anyone else's mind so why bother trying :grinning:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think your last sentence sums up the situation perfectly.

"I believe there’s a plan and am willing to let it unfold - so the team, the coach and the directors have my support - until/unless it becomes obvious they’ve got it wrong, which in my view is still too early to call"

Three camps on this.

Team Pay believe the above and are prepared to defend Pay against any critiscism.

Team Replace Pay have lost confidence and believe it is obvious already that Pay isn't the answer.

Team Steady as She Goes believe wait and let things work themselves out and good times hopefully will return.

It's all just a personal view of our Board's and Anderson's handling of the situation.

No one is gonna change anyone else's mind so why bother trying :grinning:
Good summary. I’m not 100% in any of those camps - I just believe in being proactive over reactive and proactive can take time.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Good summary. I’m not 100% in any of those camps - I just believe in being proactive over reactive and proactive can take time.
I understand.

I fight with my brother on this.

I'm impatient and hate how we've fallen and rile against it. Some days I can be cool with it if I see some light at the end of the tunnel..but then it seems there's another poor outcome for the Bulldogs and it feels all doom and gloom. I acknowledge it's always a rollercoaster as a Bulldogs supporter....I think that's why it's so important to us that we are successful and so we can thumb our noses at them all.

My bro is more laid back and trusting of the long term systems in place and inherent faith in the club that we will rise again. Winning isn't the be all and end all for him...just competing as the CB Bulldogs is enough.

Neither of us are wrong in the way we show our love for the club and neither of us is gonna change the way we support the club or get the other to change their emotions. It's just the way it is.

Be good if others realised that as well and accepted the different emotions and ways fans go about their support for the club.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I understand.

I fight with my brother on this.

I'm impatient and hate how we've fallen and rile against it. Some days I can be cool with it if I see some light at the end of the tunnel..but then it seems there's another poor outcome for the Bulldogs and it feels all doom and gloom. I acknowledge it's always a rollercoaster as a Bulldogs supporter....I think that's why it's so important to us that we are successful and so we can thumb our noses at them all.

My bro is more laid back and trusting of the long term systems in place and inherent faith in the club that we will rise again. Winning isn't the be all and end all for him...just competing as the CB Bulldogs is enough.

Neither of us are wrong in the way we show our love for the club and neither of us is gonna change the way we support the club or get the other to change their emotions. It's just the way it is.

Be good if others realised that as well and accepted the different emotions and ways fans go about their support for the club.
So true, I just don’t get how people lose their shit when others don’t agree with them.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we'll negotiate for a couple of decent young backline options before the offseason ends. Hookers and halves are in short supply given that great talent in these positions requires more than just athletic ability. Backline options can get by primarily on athletic ability and some instinct. So while Koroisau would have been good for the added experience, missing out on him doesn't upset me to be honest.

I'm in the wait and see category of fans really. I wasn't keen on the Pay signing when the old board made it. But as seen by the teams with salary sombrero situations, having the right talent in key positions can make poor coaches look great. Likewise lacking key players in the spine can make decent coaches look poor as shown by Bennett at the knights.

As far as I'm concerned with the current board, their focus on getting our junior development back on track has been a long overdue action which I applaud them for. We still need to get the right coaches to develop that talent into our junior ranks. But it's a matter of waiting for them to become available. Greenberg screwed us with his lack of foresight in this regard and to a large extent set the stage for our salary cap issues to develop.

Regardless of who is coaching at NRL level for us it will be a boon to the club when strong juniors are coming through the ranks. For the moment we still need to rely on recruiting key players. I have a reasonable amount of faith in the way Cogger is developing, Lewis has positives and negatives in his game, but seems like a player that is always keen to improve. JMK has been improving too. All three will be better for the experience they've taken from this year.

Overall the recruitment drive through the offseason will be interesting. It drives me nuts reading people make repetitive wishlists without much regard for the simple reality that contracts are still binding unless both player and their club agree to nullify them. It's the nature of this forum to have unrealistic expectations though.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think signing dean pay was made to show stability... everyone knows our cap situation so if we sacked him everyone would’ve laughed and said they sacked him cause he was underperforming with a young roster with cap problems.. we would’ve looked stupid, this way they’ve signed him, if it pays off it pays off if it doesn’t at least we can say we gave him a fair go...

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think signing dean pay was made to show stability... everyone knows our cap situation so if we sacked him everyone would’ve laughed and said they sacked him cause he was underperforming with a young roster with cap problems.. we would’ve looked stupid, this way they’ve signed him, if it pays off it pays off if it doesn’t at least we can say we gave him a fair go...
Sorry resigning*

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Will leave no stone unturned
When it comes to recruitment folks, there working overtime and I can tell you there talking to player managers constantly
If true that is good. I just hope they don't panic buy.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Oh that’s right.

We only got DWZ because no other club could afford him.

We only won games because the oppositions all underperformed.

Our players only played well because they were purposely ignoring Pays instructions and game plans.

How foolish of me

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would bet Pay is re-signed for another 2 seasons before the start of next season, the people running this club don't have a clue.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it was a good signing, is that your argument for everything Dwz, he most likely came cause we were the only option at the time of signing
Bullshit,he had the Tigers after him.and parramatta,when are you guys going to give the club some credit,I think we have done exceptionally well,with an above avge reserve grade team,and the best thing is a lot of the young fellas,have shown a lot of improvement,so come on how about some positivity.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bullshit,he had the Tigers after him.and parramatta,when are you guys going to give the club some credit,I think we have done exceptionally well,with an above avge reserve grade team,and the best thing is a lot of the young fellas,have shown a lot of improvement,so come on how about some positivity.
Tigers had cap problems he wanted to play with madge, kiwi connection