No Source All quiet on the Belmore front...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon they're purposely standing firm on not overpaying the current available mid tier players like Ramien and Api so they can overpay on the top tier players you mentioned thay are worth over paying for that will be available from NOV 1.

That extra 100k Api supposedly sign for at Penrith wpuld have meant 100k less we could have thrown at Latrell or Manu.

If we don't sign 1 to 2 of the top tier players come NOV 1 I'll be shocked.
I hope you're right. That's definitely the mentality they should have and hopefully their patience pays off when it comes time to recruit for 2021.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So after what appears to be a disappointing week on the signing of players front, it's seems very quiet or atleast the low morale is palpable.

Where are we at?

Api - Gone to Penrith.
Ramien - Nothing new from what I can tell. Would say that holding out for Sharks seems possibly close to the mark.
Herman - It would appear not too many people care either way, sorry to say

Is that it? Did I miss anything, it would appear we are back at square one again without anything?
November 1st it's game on again in the signing market. Patience champ.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly.
I think the fact that we need a hooker so badly has suddenly made the available hookers appear to all be top tier players.
I too am disappointed that we missed out on Api because our options are not great aside from JMK improving.

However, the November 1 date is very important as it will shake things up as usual.
If we are able to make some good signings for 2021, there is possibility that some may end up moving earlier.
For many teams, its not a good thing to have a player who knows they are going to play for another club the following year even going in to pre-season.
Lets see how things play out.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only two months to go. Can’t wait for all of the “Done deal” or “Announcement tomorrow” threads.
Actually I’m more excited about that than the nrl finals. Thankfully the NFL and NHL start soon

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only two months to go. Can’t wait for all of the “Done deal” or “Announcement tomorrow” threads.
Actually I’m more excited about that than the nrl finals. Thankfully the NFL and NHL start soon
NRL finals lol...just a lead up to having the same teams playing in the GF this year (Roosters v Storm)

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It is all quiet on the Belmore front. But that doesn't mean the Board and the Coach arn't doing thing.
Be prepared for a few big surprises.
Bugger that, I lean towards no surprises these days I don't get my hopes up and then I can be truly surprised if something does happen.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At this point I'm glad we missed out on Ese Ese and Api. Ramien would be nice but may be asking too much.

I'd rather they wait til the until the offseason when more players, especially young prospects who can't get a run, move clubs despite not being off contract. You can generally get some bargains during this period as few clubs have cap space left to compete.

Hopefully they can make some shrewd signings during that period. Either way I'd rather they don't make any more bad signings out of panic and desperation like Napa which waste cap space for years. Api at 600k would have been the same thing.

November 1st is when the real recruiting starts. I hope the club make big offers to Papenhuyzen, Fifita, Grant, Latrell, Manu, Cotric, Butcher and others like them. If we come up with nothing and all the best 2021 players stay where they are or sign elsewhere, then it really will be time to panic... Hopefully all of the waiting, rebuilding and cap space amounts to something worthwhile. Time will tell.
Wouldn't mind chasing kids like Staggs, B.Smith and Liam Martin. These kids will be of good value and not to expensive. Reckon they would all jump on 450k each max.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully we sign a decent player or two in the off season, there's always some movement.

Need a backup hooker and center for sure.
Reynolds and J'Morris are being offered to clubs. Question is would u take them for a season or 2.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One player who I consider looking at is Garner from the Tigers.
They are trying to unload a few so he might be an option.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reynolds and J'Morris are being offered to clubs. Question is would u take them for a season or 2.
Imo definitely a no on Reynolds, even if the tigers pay half that's still $350-$375k per season, too much for him.

I doubt jmoz would come back, I was hearing the dragons wanted him recently, don't know how true that is.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Bugger that, I lean towards no surprises these days I don't get my hopes up and then I can be truly surprised if something does happen.
Same here. I reckon we don’t sign anyone and then the first 5-7 rounds next year the speculation of Pay sacking surfaces again. Don’t get me wrong I’d rather win games regardless of who the coach is but I tend to agree with others we aren’t much of an attraction at the moment unless we pay overs.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imo definitely a no on Reynolds, even if the tigers pay half that's still $350-$375k per season, too much for him.

I doubt jmoz would come back, I was hearing the dragons wanted him recently, don't know how true that is.
Its a weird one because they would go ok for 1 season but the problem is they would become loose ends for 2021... Price wise 600k for both is ok but for 2 yrs maybe a waste.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly we carnt even secure these discards ...Buckleys chance of a marquee signing
Horse, come election time appears no marquee signing or major sponsor....
Maybe we should move to brisbane?
Noise doesn’t equal imminent signing. DWZ signing prime example. Wasn’t a squeak about it prior.

Low morale? We lost out on a mid-tier standard, fairly injury prone hooker to a club who were prepared to paid overs for his services. Hardly a deflating scenario.
I remember Mr I talking about management bungling signings

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Holmes does come back to the NRL, surely the Kennel will smash the pages record over the topics on Holbrook, Mitchell and Klemmer
The first 50 pages will be teamlists and people "cumming" all over tha place.

Pages 50-70 will be how the Roosters and Cowboys are in the race for his signature. Few of the kennel salary cap experts will start throwing figures around player contract values at the Roosters. Fuck Politis, NRL and the rest

Bradyk will fill up around 10 pages worth on how we have to pay overs for Holmes.

Few of the well known will splatter the usual BS of under Pay, structures, etc.

Page 80-100, D-Day is looming. Last hour Holmes signs with the Cowboys. Realist90 will splatter his usual homophobic, gender bender BS.

Kennel into meltdown - fuck the Andersons, fuck Pay, relocate to Perth, stuck in the 90's, we are a disgrace and so forth

All goes quite for a day, and on day 2 allzzbulldog starts 3 topics a day on how noone wants to come, doom n gloom, statistics on statistics, we had Holmes but Pay and so forth....

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The first 50 pages will be teamlists and people "cumming" all over tha place.

Pages 50-70 will be how the Roosters and Cowboys are in the race for his signature. Few of the kennel salary cap experts will start throwing figures around player contract values at the Roosters. Fuck Politis, NRL and the rest

Bradyk will fill up around 10 pages worth on how we have to pay overs for Holmes.

Few of the well known will splatter the usual BS of under Pay, structures, etc.

Page 80-100, D-Day is looming. Last hour Holmes signs with the Cowboys. Realist90 will splatter his usual homophobic, gender bender BS.

Kennel into meltdown - fuck the Andersons, fuck Pay, relocate to Perth, stuck in the 90's, we are a disgrace and so forth

All goes quite for a day, and on day 2 allzzbulldog starts 3 topics a day on how noone wants to come, doom n gloom, statistics on statistics, we had Holmes but Pay and so forth....
You forgot to mention the conspiracy theory group on how all the refs are trying to screw us