Opinion Bunker

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBH over the last 6-8 weeks we have not had it too bad with the refs, certainly not obviously biased against. Could be why we’ve won a number of tight games, or it could be our defence. While wearing blue&white tinted glasses, it’s easy to credit our defence for wins and blame the refs for our losses.

My feeling is the refs often (not always) get influenced by the emotion of the game. Home crowd, last games, fairytale runs etc

They certainly put the whistle away in the last ten minutes a lot.

I thought Perenara reffed ok in our recent game vs Souths. But I couldn’t agree with his two bunker calls last week, that late try call was terrible.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, all of the above. #baffled. Cannot for the life of me see how DWZ’s try was dis-allowed. I was originally pro video ref/bunker, but Technology is killing the game.
The obvious problem is that refs do not want to make a call and even if they do they are then 'advised' to check it...how is it possible that a ref makes a call for 'TRY' but checks it??
Surely if they go to the video ref they don't actually know 100% and should not make any decision other than 'please make a decision'....it is a joke week to week

budgie69

Waterboy
Reaction score
What would the likely score be against in the first finals game anyway if we had scrapped in and the other contenders?

Hate to think.

thats abit negative seeing that defense usually wins in the finals .. i think we would have gone alright i think .. but we will never know

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Doesn't Matter who we play or where we play It's always the same old story, Any try we score is sent up to the bunker,& they play & replay it from every angle at different speeds trying to nitpick at any little excuse not to award it. We are shafted time & time again. Tomorrow we will probably get another call from Anersley, apologiesing that they got it wrong again. however in the meantime they managed to stiff us out the eight again.
Someone start a petition against the refs