No Source All quiet on the Belmore front...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
So after what appears to be a disappointing week on the signing of players front, it's seems very quiet or atleast the low morale is palpable.

Where are we at?

Api - Gone to Penrith.
Ramien - Nothing new from what I can tell. Would say that holding out for Sharks seems possibly close to the mark.
Herman - It would appear not too many people care either way, sorry to say

Is that it? Did I miss anything, it would appear we are back at square one again without anything?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I wonder if June 30 next year could be something to hold back some cash for?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wonder if June 30 next year could be something to hold back some cash for?
I think that would be a smart move to keep 5% aside in case DWZ signings come up rather than rush in and sign players on big dollars who will barely improve our squad

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully we sign a decent player or two in the off season, there's always some movement.

Need a backup hooker and center for sure.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Noise doesn’t equal imminent signing. DWZ signing prime example. Wasn’t a squeak about it prior.

Low morale? We lost out on a mid-tier standard, fairly injury prone hooker to a club who were prepared to paid overs for his services. Hardly a deflating scenario.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Noise doesn’t equal imminent signing. DWZ signing prime example. Wasn’t a squeak about it prior.

Low morale? We lost out on a mid-tier standard, fairly injury prone hooker to a club who were prepared to paid overs for his services. Hardly a deflating scenario.
I think people were more just happy that we were somewhat seriously linked to several players tbh. Went from heaps of chatter to zero. Atleast a couple were in positions that we need. I just hope they don't sign Lichaa for another year in panic.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pray that Holmes returns to the NRL...that will spark a few player movements.
I don’t know why he didn’t spend a year playing college football? Would have really put himself in the shop window. I hope he gets signed to the Jets practice squad and doesn’t come back

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At this point I'm glad we missed out on Ese Ese and Api. Ramien would be nice but may be asking too much.

I'd rather they wait til the until the offseason when more players, especially young prospects who can't get a run, move clubs despite not being off contract. You can generally get some bargains during this period as few clubs have cap space left to compete.

Hopefully they can make some shrewd signings during that period. Either way I'd rather they don't make any more bad signings out of panic and desperation like Napa which waste cap space for years. Api at 600k would have been the same thing.

November 1st is when the real recruiting starts. I hope the club make big offers to Papenhuyzen, Fifita, Grant, Latrell, Manu, Cotric, Butcher and others like them. If we come up with nothing and all the best 2021 players stay where they are or sign elsewhere, then it really will be time to panic... Hopefully all of the waiting, rebuilding and cap space amounts to something worthwhile. Time will tell.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don’t know why he didn’t spend a year playing college football? Would have really put himself in the shop window. I hope he gets signed to the Jets practice squad and doesn’t come back
Don't know shit about the sport so can't comment, all I know is if he comes back plenty of clubs will be interested and that creates an opportunity for us.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pray that Holmes returns to the NRL...that will spark a few player movements.
Wont spark shit. He will be going to the Cowboys who have alot of cap space. They dont need to move players to sign him. Even if they did have to move any of there players theres no one from them ill take besides Tamalolo but his obviously not going anywhere.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wont spark shit. He will be going to the Cowboys who have alot of cap space. They dont need to move players to sign him. Even if they did have to move any of there players theres no one from them ill take besides Tamalolo but his obviously not going anywhere.
Id still take Hess off their hands, looks like he's got bored up there.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this point I'm glad we missed out on Ese Ese and Api. Ramien would be nice but may be asking too much.

I'd rather they wait til the until the offseason when more players, especially young prospects who can't get a run, move clubs despite not being off contract. You can generally get some bargains during this period as few clubs have cap space left to compete.

Hopefully they can make some shrewd signings during that period. Either way I'd rather they don't make any more bad signings out of panic and desperation like Napa which waste cap space for years. Api at 600k would have been the same thing.

November 1st is when the real recruiting starts. I hope the club make big offers to Papenhuyzen, Fifita, Grant, Latrell, Manu, Cotric, Butcher and others like them. If we come up with nothing and all the best 2021 players stay where they are or sign elsewhere, then it really will be time to panic... Hopefully all of the waiting, rebuilding and cap space amounts to something worthwhile. Time will tell.
I reckon they're purposely standing firm on not overpaying the current available mid tier players like Ramien and Api so they can overpay on the top tier players you mentioned thay are worth over paying for that will be available from NOV 1.

That extra 100k Api supposedly sign for at Penrith wpuld have meant 100k less we could have thrown at Latrell or Manu.

If we don't sign 1 to 2 of the top tier players come NOV 1 I'll be shocked.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not true he just signed a deal in the US lol

Malla

Reaction score
I'm pretty devo about Api. He would have transformed us into a finals team.